Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: S3A12 Tesla Solar Tracker 5

  1. #21
    Can 2 of these units be 'stacked' together to get 6 amp capacity without modification?

  2. #22
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bw1 View Post
    Can 2 of these units be 'stacked' together to get 6 amp capacity without modification?
    Hi BW1,

    No, the circuits will interfere with each other. It can only be done with some modified interface so they can be paralleled up.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  3. #23
    Hi Guys,

    I have 2 of these (one for the solar panels and one for the bench) and they're great! They work really well with the little Harbor Freight Solar Panel Kit. I've been really pleased with it and am planning on getting a 10-amp Solar Tracker soon...

    Best regards,

    Luther

  4. #24
    Senior Member Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wellington, Ohio
    Posts
    115
    Hi all, I just received an order for 4 of these units. I must say I am more than impressed with the way they work. I bought 4 of them for a neighbor friend, my two sons, and myself. Three out of the four work just perfect and stop charging right at around 15.12 volts....give or take. The fourth one will not stop charging even though the green the green LED is on. It goes right on by 16.5volts and keeps on charging.

    The question is this and I know this might sound crazy but is there an adjustment to crank the voltage down or is this a send back unit? I can use it as is but have to keep close tabs from boiling away the water. Any help would be appreciated.

    Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

  5. #25
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Hi all, I just received an order for 4 of these units. I must say I am more than impressed with the way they work. I bought 4 of them for a neighbor friend, my two sons, and myself. Three out of the four work just perfect and stop charging right at around 15.12 volts....give or take. The fourth one will not stop charging even though the green the green LED is on. It goes right on by 16.5volts and keeps on charging.

    The question is this and I know this might sound crazy but is there an adjustment to crank the voltage down or is this a send back unit? I can use it as is but have to keep close tabs from boiling away the water. Any help would be appreciated.

    Bud
    Hi Bud,

    With the 16.5 volts - have you tested it on another battery that only goes to 15.12 to see if it does stop at 15.12?

    If a battery is pretty bad, that voltage can jump right up from the high impedance.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  6. #26
    Senior Member Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wellington, Ohio
    Posts
    115
    Hi Aaron, Yes I have checked all of the chargers on the same good battery. Group 24 new battery NAPA Legend series going into my wife's Saab. Three of them stopped right on the mark 15.1- 15.2 volts. The 4th one went right on past 16.5 volts in no time when I checked it with my meter. I verified by using several different meters.

    Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wellington, Ohio
    Posts
    115
    Hi again Aaron, Guess I should give you all the details. All four solar panels exact same size 30 watt...12 volt. In put leads around 10 feet long #10 wire with heavy jacket. Charge leads are 25' long #10 fine braided copper wire with big battery clip leads. Been using this setup for around 3 weeks now to charge up all my rolling stock. These units are great!

    Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

  8. #28
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Hi Aaron, Yes I have checked all of the chargers on the same good battery. Group 24 new battery NAPA Legend series going into my wife's Saab. Three of them stopped right on the mark 15.1- 15.2 volts. The 4th one went right on past 16.5 volts in no time when I checked it with my meter. I verified by using several different meters.

    Bud
    Bud,

    Ok - it does sound like it is set too high for some reason. The units are usually "burned in" during testing and the settings are locked in place before they leave.

    If you purchased it from Tesla Chargers, please send us an email (use the email in the banner in my signature) with these details. We can swap it out, but lets run it by Peter first.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  9. #29
    Senior Member Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wellington, Ohio
    Posts
    115
    Hi Aaron, I ran another test with this unit yesterday all day long while I was at work. I put it onto a brand new "D" battery the previous night and let it run all day yesterday in full sun. When I check on the battery voltage around 5:00pm The battery voltage measured 15.6 volts which is OK. It was a very sunny day yesterday and it should have had full output capability during that time. I now have it on another 12 volt sealed 17AH battery to see how things work out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

    Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

  10. #30
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,438
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Bud, I'll look for the update.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •