No announcement yet.

S3A12 Tesla Solar Tracker 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Aaron, I left the 17 AH battery on all day and at 4:30 pm the battery was hot (approx. 100-105deg F) and the voltage was at 14.1. I took it off and let it cool down. I also tried two small 5-7 AH? 3X5X5 lead acid wet cell 12 volt batteries and they each peaked out at 16.15- 16.20 volts after about 10 minutes each while on charge. My take is someone mistook a 16 for a 15 while in the burn in mode. At least it does stop although it is sort of high. On the good side it will handle quite a large battery and will also make sure there is no sulphates left over on the plates. Just have to watch the water levels.

Bud
    Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Hi Aaron, One more thing.....are there quantity purchase discounts for the chargers? Say 25 units?

Bud
      Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
        Hi Aaron, One more thing.....are there quantity purchase discounts for the chargers? Say 25 units?

Bud
        We can arrange a bulk discount. Please email me at the Tesla Charger email and we can go from there.

Thanks,
        Aaron
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron, I left the 17 AH battery on all day and at 4:30 pm the battery was hot (approx. 100-105deg F) and the voltage was at 14.1. I took it off and let it cool down. I also tried two small 5-7 AH? 3X5X5 lead acid wet cell 12 volt batteries and they each peaked out at 16.15- 16.20 volts after about 10 minutes each while on charge. My take is someone mistook a 16 for a 15 while in the burn in mode. At least it does stop although it is sort of high. On the good side it will handle quite a large battery and will also make sure there is no sulphates left over on the plates. Just have to watch the water levels.

Bud
          Bud,

Ok, for the sealed batts, 14.8 is the optimum max. We do have the Nickel Iron Phosphate models that are set for 14.8 max and that is perfect for sealed gel cells too. I use my flooded cell s3a12 that goes to 15.1-15.2 for gels all the time - I just remove it at at the 14.8 to 14.9 level.

If you want to keep that one set high, go for it, you obviously know what you're doing. But if you do want to replace it, let me know and we'll get that done.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Aaron, I have been involved with battery care all of my adult career.....45 years now. Looks like I will just keep this unit and keep an eye on the voltages as we get to the full charge voltage of 15.2-15.6. Thanks for all your help.

In ref to the bulk sale of these units I am considering building one for each of my 25 employees as a give from the plant. Will keep you informed.

Bud

Comment

Hi Aaron, I have been involved with battery care all of my adult career.....45 years now. Looks like I will just keep this unit and keep an eye on the voltages as we get to the full charge voltage of 15.2-15.6. Thanks for all your help.

In ref to the bulk sale of these units I am considering building one for each of my 25 employees as a give from the plant. Will keep you informed.

Bud
              Ok, thanks Bud. Will look forward to it.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi Aron I posted back on 5/10/14 about the third SG book and the linear circuit just wondering if there are any updates
                Regards jneo

Comment

Hi there:

Thanks to all the excellent you do at teslachargers and with mr bedini, congratulations.
                  I am just starting to know these systems and recently bought an S20A12 solar tracker. Since I have not been able to get an amorphuos panel here in mexico I had to go with a 100 W policristalyne for now. I have some initial questions:

Right now, as summer is ending the panel is giving about 16.3 V top when I connect it to the solar tracker plus the battery and the max voltaje I have got in the battery is 13.4 V (no green light comes on). The panel has an open circuit voltage of 19.2 V, and I am using these two to charge a standard 12V lead acid battery. My question is if the voltage output from the solar is enough to charge or do I need to put another solar panel in paralel? In your book solar secrets you mention the panel should be giving about 18.5 V so I would like to know...
                  The other question is: if I have a 24 V solar panel can I connet 2 S20A12 units in paralel with it?

Thanks for any help
                  Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jneo View Post
                    Hi Aron I posted back on 5/10/14 about the third SG book and the linear circuit just wondering if there are any updates
                    Regards jneo
                    The Advanced book will be avail around the end of October. There are only two book/video projects Peter and I are working on right now and the SG Advanced book is one of them.

It may mention the linear circuits, but we can't divulge anything proprietary. Just wait until you see the Advanced book, many revelations that will take everything to the next level.
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
                      Hi there:

Thanks to all the excellent you do at teslachargers and with mr bedini, congratulations.
                      I am just starting to know these systems and recently bought an S20A12 solar tracker. Since I have not been able to get an amorphuos panel here in mexico I had to go with a 100 W policristalyne for now. I have some initial questions:

Right now, as summer is ending the panel is giving about 16.3 V top when I connect it to the solar tracker plus the battery and the max voltaje I have got in the battery is 13.4 V (no green light comes on). The panel has an open circuit voltage of 19.2 V, and I am using these two to charge a standard 12V lead acid battery. My question is if the voltage output from the solar is enough to charge or do I need to put another solar panel in paralel? In your book solar secrets you mention the panel should be giving about 18.5 V so I would like to know...
                      The other question is: if I have a 24 V solar panel can I connet 2 S20A12 units in paralel with it?

Thanks for any help
                      Regards
                      Hi Ramon,

16.3 is a bit low... 18-18.5 would be ideal. Crystalline panels are just fine, just amorphous is a bit better for the low light conditions.

In parallel, you'll boost the current but the loaded voltage will still be a bit low.

Please don't connect the S20A12's in parallel. They'll fight with each other. If they're in parallel, they would still be 12v... series would be 24v but you can't do that with these units or they can get damaged.

With 24v solar panels, they would need the 24v units to be compatible.

I hope that helps.

http://teslachargers.com/teslasolartracker5.html
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thanks a lot Aaron:

Silly me, I meant putting the 2 S20A12 in series (not parallel) to make for the 24V from the solar panel, but I undestand this neither can´t be done. Will keep looking for amorphous panels in Mexico.
                        Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X