Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music?

I have heard alot in the past the plants flourish with music. Sad to say ROCK was not good. Has anybody tried this approach? I was thinking that perhaps the variations within the audible might act as a stimulant of sorts. If so then it might be able to be duplicated with some type of variable frequency generator. Maybe it is beyond that range. It is just a start ok. Maybe there might be something to it...maybe not.

John H

Hi John,

I've been interested in this topic recently, I plan on doing some tests for fun. I do my fair share of gardening, from edibles to purely decorative, like bonsai.

I remember watching a documentary a while ago where they tested this theory, it was very interesting. Basically they had groups of plants which were all watered and lit in a uniform manner. The only variance was the music. Of all the groups including the control group (no music) the group of plants exposed to the classical music were the healthiest and largest. The rock and roll group performed very poorly, but that was no surprise to me. For an interesting read goggle electro-culture. Also I was recommended in the MWO thread to check out the "sonic bloom" product.

Very interesting to say the least. Id like to tinker with a low power mech oscillator in the garden, with the "charging battery" being the soil. You could power it off one of your copper magnesium batteries.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the input Ren. I will check out that product for sure. I had an uncle that was the music professor at Ole Miss for longer than I can imagine. He ONLY ever played classical music at his home. He always had a very productive garden. When he worked in the garden or was just relaxing on his deck with my aunt naturally he had his music to where he could hear it. Now this was back in the early 80's but there was a conversation then between him and the Col. about music having different effects on plants. Apparently a few of his students had experimented with...hemp at the university. No not the way you might think! It was being grown there for research of some sorts.I remember seeing it growing behind a very tall fence with an armed "sentry" on duty. The thought of it had not crossed my mind for many years but my uncle's garden may have had help from his music.

John H
      Last edited by John H; 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ren,
        Just something for you to think about, George Starr White used electro-culture in his garden the unit consisted of a steel pipe driven into the ground filled with earth and a copper rod in the center with a brass ball at the top, and the water going through the ditches passed by it to feed the roots of the plants. Or just do the single pipe with dripping water. Part of the book is here.
        George Starr White -- Cosmo Electro Culture
        John Bedini
        My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Many thanks John, I will check it out. It sounds very similar to a basic earth battery of sorts. So George's device has no electronics associated with it? Some of the Lakhovsky coils I have seen for plant growth were 1 turn coils slightly overlapping with the overlapping section orientated to the north usually I believe. Do you reckon these are worthy of study too?

Regards
          Last edited by Ren; 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I set up a system with sonic bloom on my garden last year. Did not do an AB camparison though. my setup has 4 tweeters mounted on poles facing downward to the garden and a CD player on continuous loop with a timer for the amp. It would go on at sunrise and play all day. Do a serch on "sonic bloom" on google. what the theory is that the frequencies of sound open the stamata on the leaves then you go out there every day few days and spray an organic nutrient solution on the leaves and they absorb it through the leaves. Interesting enough the sounds are very similar to birds singing. many farmers have used the system with great success. Here is link to original website. Original Sonic Bloom | Home Garden Kit | Greenhouse Kit | Organic Nutrients | Food | Plants | Farms

Comment

Every speaker has a negative earth wire.
              What would happen if you earthed that wire directly into the wet soil that the plant was growing in?
              Might make for a interesting growth comparison.

Nature has noticeably been formed along the Phi, 1.618 ratio so perhaps a Phi Based Soundscape would appeal to a plants sensitivities.
              Classical Music has a stronger natural Phi Based signature set that resonates from the instruments.
              Ralph Loosey http://www.primasounds.com/ might be worth a try.

The earth Magnetic field has dipped a bit. I have to wonder if solar powered magnetic coils buried in the plant beds would have any affect.

BabaGlee
              Those fine hairs on Plants must be their ears.

Comment

its new for me.. I love music but if plants as well its interesting.. so post is very helpful for me. thanks for the post

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
                  I have heard alot in the past the plants flourish with music. Sad to say ROCK was not good. Has anybody tried this approach? I was thinking that perhaps the variations within the audible might act as a stimulant of sorts. If so then it might be able to be duplicated with some type of variable frequency generator. Maybe it is beyond that range. It is just a start ok. Maybe there might be something to it...maybe not.

John H
                  Indeed!!! in Our Indian context there was this guy named Tansen who is known to evoke Rain ('Meghmalar') and light lamp ('Deepak Rag') with the kind of 'Raga' appropriate in each case. Again Jagdeesh Chandra Bose was an Indian Botanist who showed that plants respond to music!!
                  I am myself thrilled by singing Kishore kumar at times when i feel excited and at times of gloomy mood....Kishore Kumar him self was not a trained singer per se..but became an epitome of the Singing world!

Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

what ever, indian or any other.. but fantastic.. music is soulmate

Comment

Originally posted by KoutaMims View Post
                      what ever, indian or any other.. but fantastic.. music is soulmate
                      Indeed!!!!
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.

Comment

its amazing.. so what type of music plants like?

Comment

its really amazing plants flourish with music.. I will check my plants would they or not???

Comment

Originally posted by Camryn64 View Post
                            its amazing.. so what type of music plants like?
                            In our Indian context, it is called SARGAM that comprises of 7 notes SA RE GA MA PA DA NI SA..... and a classically trained singer would chose appropriate note to sing for appropriate mood..like sentimental, romantic, Energitic, Rejuvanating ect... Plants respond and in turn make the singer to set the note that it likes this is also a Re gauging(action -reaction) in a way!!!..!!!
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.
                            Last edited by Faraday88; 10-12-2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                              In our Indian context, it is called SARGAM that comprises of 7 notes SA RE GA MA PA DA NI SA..... and a classically trained singer would chose appropriate note to sing for appropriate mood..like sentimental, romantic, Energitic, Rejuvanating ect... Plants respond and in turn make the singer to set the note that it likes this is also a Re gauging(action -reaction) in a way!!!..!!!
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              "Our Indian context", really, so our you Indian, "Faraday"? You have graced us with so many soliloquy’s, and sadly no experiments or devices, I am just curious to know more, what part of the subcontinent have you invaded, er chosen to reside in

Comment

Working...
                              X