Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG : Doubling the magnets (stacking up), would that improve the charge efficiency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG : Doubling the magnets (stacking up), would that improve the charge efficiency ?

Hi, I have read some material from a john54, happy sharer of his experiences albeit not SG (cactus and kitty hawk Bedini patent derived machines).
    If I recall well, he argues that Doubling the magnets (stacking up) would improve the spike strengh.
    Hence. Would that improve the charge speed rate, efficiency ?
    I would be thinking of trying that, but I don't want to spend on magnets for nothing. After all, we're here to save energy, not a consumer mass market , right ?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

No, save your money. The magnets on the rotor are only there as a trigger. The spike is coming from the collapsing magnetic field of the coil.

John K.

Comment

Thanks John.

Comment

Hi Bung-ee,

one of my early builds was a "Kaktus express" but the results were disappointing. The wires of the coils were too short and too thick, but the machine developed a good
        accelleration of the rotor without increasing the output (charging rate) and i decided to lower the speed using a pair of generator coils connected to a FWBR and another
        battery. This additional output depends on the strength of the magnets. So this is the point where double stacked magnets are better than single. A doubled magnetic flux will
        result in a doubled AC voltage on the same load and that means four times of the produced power. But this is theoretical, because double stacked magnets do not double the
        magnetic flux (as far as I figured out) in reality.

just for your information, have fun

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
          No, save your money. The magnets on the rotor are only there as a trigger. The spike is coming from the collapsing magnetic field of the coil.

John K.
          But won't the collapsing magnetic field be greater if the magnet is stronger?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyrobotik View Post
            Hi Bung-ee,

just for your information, have fun
            Hi hobbyrobotik,
            I feel we're on the same road (again).
            I have not made much progress with my SG, it's still a 12V, 0.200A Fan that recharges or rejuvenates *somehow* because I have destroyed AA batteries doing so. For now my results are mitigated, but the AA battery failures may be inherent to the design ?
            I am working on other projects and would like to chain resistors instead of the battery, andd see if with the heat produced and the fan action, I could extract free heat for still 2 Watts that my bedini fan is producing.

Comment

Working...
            X