Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25

Hello All,
    After watching John Bedini's DVD #25, I have designed a multiple "Trigger" coil assembly which will be mounted to a 15-20 foot pole. The "Power" coils, the associated electronics, and batteries will be at ground level. As a newbie, I would appreciate any and all comments as to the viability of this arrangement. The materials are as follows:
    1. The shaft is 316L stainless steel tubing 1.000 inch OD x .065 inch wall
    2. Low friction ceramic bearings are used.
    3. The rotor material is closed cell foam. There are 8 rows of magnets with 16 magnets on a 22.5 degree spacing. Alternate rows are offset 11.25 degrees from the previous row. The magnets are .500 inch dia x .188 thick. The entire assembly is covered with a shrink wrap material to retain the magnets.
    4. Sixteen small spools are used for the trigger coils. The coils are arranged with 4 coils on a 90 degree spacing.
    5. The end plates and cross braces are 3/4 Plexiglas or 3/4 MDF (Multiple Density Fiberboard)

I have attached several drawings.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Attached Files

Hi Bill,

Nice idea, but not sure why you have 16 "trigger" coils. You would only need one trigger coil to fire all of your power coils. In the DVD John was only using one of the windings on that coil under the bike wheel.

Apologies if I'm missing something here.

John K.

Comment

Hi Bill,
      This set-up looks very similar to the 12-pole monopole machine on JB's website, are you using this as a wind- power-generator.. actually is a very good idea
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi erFinder,

There is difference between the Faraday transformer and Tesla Transformer in the way they function take a closer look the bedini coil set-up is intended to function on the Tesla type of Induction and not the conventional Faraday type of Mutual Induction between primary and secondary coils..!!! ..it will be worth while to ready Peter Lindeman's FESCE book..
        very beautifully written indeed.
        Best Regards,
        Faraday88.

Comment

T... TA.... TAN.... TANK....... Circuit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3-HwZMThzQ

Tom C
          Last edited by Tom C; 03-06-2014, 02:13 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I like your thinking - this is merely one of many many ways to do it:

Timing is everything!

Remember keeping an open mind goes "both" ways...

what bill is doing is something completely different and John K. is correct. If you watch vid 25, you should see the "windmill" is merely providing a free source to trigger. JB also shows other things you can do to the "power" coil to get more energy out of it -

Originally posted by erfinder
            Hello Bill,

I generally don't post here but found myself traveling down memory lane while reading your post, and decided that I would share my experience with you. You will find like I did that the energizer will not yield the results that you are desirous of when used as a "generator" in the conventional sense and use of the term. When you look into how the SG functions you will see that its designed to overcome counter EMF, the overcoming of CEMF is why no one contemplating using the SG as a generator can be taken seriously. As an energizer, which in my opinion means magneto, or "Pulsed Dynamo" the SG is second to none! This is what I found after years of following instructions and failing. The SG can be setup to operate passively. No battery required. To build a powerful passive SG you need:
            • A prime mover (wind, water, ect....ect...)
            • Alternating magnetic polarity
            • High field strength magnets (Neos)
            • an open mind....

This may rub one or two the wrong way, however, I hope it can be accepted that the idea as far as I have been able to interpret from the original poster, isn't charging batteries, its building a wind generator. This being the case, its clear that some modifications are in order.

Simply setup your SG as you normally would, making the changes in the magnets. Replace your primary battery with a capacitor. Spin it up with your prime mover. Place a volt meter on the supply capacitor and watch it charge, as it charges the SG draws its operating current from the capacitor and the circuit fires in the all too familiar manner. The recovery battery can remain where it is, or you can replace it with a cap and pulse it out.

Not being one to leave out the bad news I must say that this modification like the SG in general in my opinion has a serious power loss mechanism built into the trigger circuit. There will be a considerable amount of energy loss through the trigger that you cannot tap unless you know how which will make this system very inefficient. One way around this is to simply use different triggering method, this shouldn't be an option if you are serious about using this circuit, simply look at why the loss is taking place and find the remedy. I'll say this, the SG as presented to us is a transformer, and as a transformer we must view our system. We are pulsing a transformer, much has to be considered if the losses are to be kept to a minimum, this is extremely important when dealing with a passive system.

Have fun and good luck!

Regards

Comment

Sorry, but this isn't it either. A tank as we are familiar with them is frequency limited. We (I) want a tank which isn't frequency limited first, then, we (I) want to couple this frequency independent LC with a frequency limited LC. I'm sure that makes no sense, not really trying to make sense.

Regards
              erfinder,

Are you suggesting one use a non-inductive coil coupled with a inductive coil?

Regards,

Dave Wing

Comment

so you are seeking perfect resonance ( zero impedance, no resistance) at any frequency? not saying it is not doable, right now it is being done in particle accelerators. why not work with known frequencies and design from there?

tom C

Comment

Erfinder,

you bring a lot to the table, much appreciated. resonance requires sympathetic reactions inside the circuit. I see what you are pursuing in nature, inside the sun for instance. Telsa with his magnifying transmitter was using earth resonance to transmit power. my concern is that if you are in resonance with "everything" there is a ton of feedback from each frequency back into the circuit, which would require dynamic calibration for each frequency and its harmonic. has your research produced a starting point for this possibility?

anyone interested in LC resonance.
                  http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/...cillators.html

Tom C

Comment

thanks for the answer, if at some point you are willing to share, I am all ears

Tom C

Comment

No I am not seeking "perfect resonance", not even sure such a condition exists, and if it is, I am not sure if operating in such a condition is wise. What I have "found" is that the zero impedance condition experienced at LC resonance isn't limited to LC tuned circuits. This condition can be made broadband, operating more or less constant. My first taste of this came through my experience with the SG, this circuit has its limitations and or negative influence on the desired effect and was abandoned. Many see this effect in their SG circuits and completely ignore and or misinterpret its significance. The idea of working with known frequencies shouldn't be considered as an option when its comprehended that our systems are bathed in an infinity of frequencies. The idea is to tune to all of them, and from this position amplify the ones of immediate interest, in the presence of the others, its established fact that one can tune to one frequency and insodoing be isolated from the rest, the the opposite is also true.

Regards
                      Hi erfinder,

Regarding the SG are you talking about this type of an example? 12 volt primary battery and stacking more than one or many more 12 volt batteries on the backend in series. Trying to get closer to resonance that way?

I have been working with this said configuation for a while now, to me it seems the way to go... with the SG anyway. It has produced over double the speed for less current, I think what is going on is... using the batteries to tune the circuit instead of the length of the power/trigger wires, this is why the rpm of the wheel has increased vastly for the same current draw.

My test results.

Point 1). Below...Initial reading with one 12 volt Primary Battery Only, with a primary draw of 540mA and one 12 volt battery charging at 260mA on the secondary an rpm reading of 1023.

Primary and Secondary Battery or batteries in series, mA readings while drawing from plus side of both batteries only.

1) 1023rpm, 260mA - Secondary battery charging, 540mA -Primary battery draw...1 battery on the secondary (12 volts).
                      2) 1823rpm, 80mA - Secondary battery charging, 500mA -Primary battery draw... 2 batteries on the Secondary (24 volts).
                      3) 1890 rpm, 40mA - Secondary battery charging, 450mA -Primary battery draw...3 batteries on the Secondary (36 volts).
                      4) 1911rpm, 20mA - Secondary battery charging, 430mA- Primary battery draw... 4 batteries on the Secondary (48volts).
                      5) 1921rpm, 10mA - Secondary battery charging, 420mA- Primary battery draw... 5 batteries on the secondary (60 volts).

Perhaps this may be a part of what you are talking about, but perhaps not.

In any event, I hope you can be more specific and explain what you are saying so that a child could understand. We are all looking for the truth and clear explanations will help immensely.

Thank you,
                      Dave Wing
                      Last edited by Dave Wing; 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Hello All,
                        I want to thank everyone for their comments. John, the reason I have 16 trigger coils in the design is that I envision having several rows of batteries being charged at the same time. I would be able to discharge a row or rows, based on power requirements. I initially plan on using 1 trigger coil and add additional coils as needed. Remember, I am a newbie at this and if this concept is not doable, please let me know. I live close enough to the Gulf of Mexico and we have wind almost all of the time, so the idea of a wind generator is appealing.
                        Again, thanks for all of the input,
                        Bill

Comment

the SG is not a generator, the magnets are for the trigger and the coils are transformers. they already build very efficient wind genny systems, using neo magnets and non cogging arrangements. you should get an off the shelf design and make it yourself. you will still need a primary and secondary battery for an SG system. there are hybrid ways of doing things, but I would encourage building a single coil to start experimenting first.

Tom C

Comment

Hi Bill,

Like Tom said, you are better off getting a good quality wind genny and using that to charge your primary battery for your Bedini SG. If you're planning on charging multiple banks of batteries at the same time you could configure your SG for "branch currents", where you can take one bank out of the system when it's charged an replace it with a depleted bank without having to even stop the SG.
                            I would experiment on a small scale first if you're interested in this.

John K.

Comment

Hi Erfinder,
                              I feel that you got me wrong on this. Please do not do that! the book is monumental in what it talks about. This cannot be denied unless you are a Mainstreamer who views it Politically (despite knowing the scientific Truth!), I on the other hand came into Tesla Studies and eventually understood the Teslian Wisdom because it complies with over a Dozens of Patents (working) that I have scrutinized over the Years.
                              You just cannot ridicule just like that the pains taking efforts of Peter-John, who along with Tom are the only people that I know of that have Scientifically deduced to the best of their abilities and shown to the world that was almost lost for ever since Tesla him self!
                              beyond this its your take I leave it you and only time will tell the truth!!
                              Rgds
                              Faraday88.

Comment

Working...
                              X