X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
    Anyone even try this yet...
    Patrick
    Hi Patrick. Yes I have been working with dc bias on my single coil (8 filer) monopole. I am finding advantages, and definitely very interesting, better charging and my biasing battery even charges a little. Blew my scope up on a rotoverter runaway so I am limited right now on tuning.
    Cheers
    Bill H.
    Last edited by Bill Hiemstra; 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Hiemstra View Post
      Hi Patrick. Yes I have been working with dc bias on my single coil (8 filer) monopole. I am finding advantages, and definitely very interesting, better charging and my biasing battery even charges a little. Blew my scope up on a rotoverter runaway so I am limited right now on tuning.
      Cheers
      Bill H.
      Hi Bill,
      Nice.... are you using the half bipolar - and a resistor-pot/cap in series w/ one leg of the biasing coil?
      Kind Regards,
      Patrick

edit... sorry to hear about your scope
      Last edited by min2oly; 04-01-2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by erfinder
        EXXXXXELLENT!! Just when I thought no one was going to do the homework assignment...you aced it! What can you do with it?

...Again, what can be done with this, what does it mean for motors, for generators? Why is this significant?

Regards
        Hi erfinder,

As per your video demonstration, I believe you answered your own questions above, where you spun the rotor one way to produce a positive wave form, which has conventional applied voltage vs CEMF limitations, when spun the other way, negative wave form results in...

Not exactly verbatim, however.

1) The applied and the CEMF can be in the same direction.

2) Little to no voltage opposing the applied... When machine is accelerating in rpm -Dramatically reduced CEMF.

3) Energy consumption is also lower when operating in the direction of the negative spike or negative current side of things.

4) The generated potentials are all negative and the pulse is applied about the peak of the negative, when the applied and the opposing voltage (CEMF) are in the same direction.

Dave Wing

Comment

• http://sparkbangbuzz.com/mag-amp/mag-amp.htm

from this page:
          Why is this so? The diodes cause pulsating DC current to flow through the coils. This pulsating DC current has a tendency to bias the coils toward saturation just as though it were applied to the input. It is easy to see why this kind of circuit is called a self biasing magnetic amplifier. This bias effect also appears as positive feedback. Positive feedback in any kind of amplifier usually translates into an increase in amplification. With more positive feedback, an amplifier can become unstable or capable of acting as a bistable flip flop. I have also succeeded in making some bistable magnetic amp circuits.

this is why JB was so adamant about the diode positions on the Ferris wheel.

Tom C
          Last edited by Tom C; 04-01-2014, 04:08 AM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Beautiful thing isn't it? This alone determains whether company A gets the upper hand on company B in the market place......this one simple innovation allows company A to produce a new motor which they install in the same vacuum cleaner chassis that they sold millions of three years ago. The 3 year old chassis, and the newly configured motor are dressed in a new plastic package passing to the times and another couple million are sold, this time under the banner that this model is more efficient than the old model. Now you have it.

Making money is the bottom line for industry, and I am quickly learning that its the bottom line everywhere, this place and places like this are no exception. It wasn't fair not allowing you to answer the question on your own, forgive me for that. Even thought the question was answered correctly, it still remains unanswered because the answer isn't personal. You know what its doing and why doing things this way is far superior to the norm. You see how it shatters some of the forgive the expression BS that has been stated regarding what CEMF in motors is and that we "must" eliminate it at all costs, NO WE DON'T. We need to comprehend what CEMF is, understand why its role is central! Comprehend its manifestation and build a system around what it wants and needs, work with it instead of against it.
            • How can you benefit from this innovation?
            • What does it mean for us at this point in our work? Many of you are working on SG's, SSG's, Comparator cap dumping, ZERO-FORCE MOTORS, window motors, G-field generators, Kromrey converters. How does the above apply, how does it relate, what does it clear up which wasn't clear before?
            • How does it apply to what we are doing?
            • What are you going to do with it?

Bottom line, I don't want you to tell me what I told you, tell me what you are going to do with it, what can be done with it, then show me!

Regards
            I would make myself a very efficient rotary transformer, dynamotor or motor generator, with a high recovery rate, that would do what your big blue does... I think, as I can only speculate on what you have done with that motor.

Dave Wing

Comment

Have you noted that the method that we use to recover results in reduced torque, I sure have. How do we fix this?

If it sounds like I am questioning what we have been told its probably because I am. It's difficult to do as you are told if you aren't told what to do. Its impossible to do as you are told if you question what you are told.

Regards
              I have not built a machine of the configuration we are discussing yet, so all this is pure speculation. That said I would attempt put my high voltage recovery into a cap and discharge it into a high impedance series coil arrangement, that acts against its own individually timed (certain amount of dwell) magnetic field (magnets) that is also keyed to the same rotor for added torque. Something kind of similar John Bedini's star generator on the Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel centre portion is slow moving to aid in produced torque over time. That is a guess if I had to make one.

Dave Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
                I have not built a machine of the configuration we are discussing yet, so all this is pure speculation. That said I would attempt put my high voltage recovery into a cap and discharge it into a high impedance series coil arrangement, that acts against its own individually timed (certain amount of dwell) magnetic field (magnets) that is also keyed to the same rotor for added torque. Something kind of similar John Bedini's star generator on the Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel centre portion is slow moving to aid in produced torque over time. That is a guess if I had to make one.

Dave Wing
                Another thing that comes to mind is that this should give extra rotational speed to the shaft, if that is what you want and it could aid in turning your rotary transformer into a little more of a generator rather than a motor. Perhaps my understanding is wrong on this aspect, as their is a lot to think about now, with all this being relatively new, but a DC motor when forced to turn faster than the initial load current demands does in fact become a generator and starts to generate some amount of energy that should start to limit input current. That also should help efficiency.

Dave Wing
                Last edited by Dave Wing; 04-01-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
                  Hi Bill,
                  Nice.... are you using the half bipolar - and a resistor-pot/cap in series w/ one leg of the biasing coil?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Patrick

edit... sorry to hear about your scope
                  Patrick.
                  Yes, resistor and cap in series with one leg. Not using the half bipolar, just regular sg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                    http://sparkbangbuzz.com/mag-amp/mag-amp.htm

from this page:
                    Why is this so? The diodes cause pulsating DC current to flow through the coils. This pulsating DC current has a tendency to bias the coils toward saturation just as though it were applied to the input. It is easy to see why this kind of circuit is called a self biasing magnetic amplifier. This bias effect also appears as positive feedback. Positive feedback in any kind of amplifier usually translates into an increase in amplification. With more positive feedback, an amplifier can become unstable or capable of acting as a bistable flip flop. I have also succeeded in making some bistable magnetic amp circuits.

this is why JB was so adamant about the diode positions on the Ferris wheel.

Tom C
                    Thanks Tom.
                    I have read that article before, but this time I have learned much more from it.
                    Bill H.

Comment

• Yes, I agree on using the recovered energy back into the system rather than charging batteries.( unless you insist on charging, if that is your personal goal)

This is my idea on this:
                      I imagine a circuit with two separate phases with iron core coils and tri-filar windings.
                      There are two power coils per phase and the two remaining strands would then be used for inserting extra energy.
                      The circuit can recover the energy in a capacitor and and be reused in these extra strands.

Not only recovering and reusing the energy, but also amplifying by making the recovered recovery energy in sync with the power coils(on the same spool).

And not to forget we can use the orthogonal system at the same time.( and what do I see about bias coils?)

Comment

• Don't get worried about me now. It is all part of the plan.
                        I am willing to go make these devices, all of them.

I already have an energizer that loops around the radiant energy in two phases, I 'discovered' myself that returning the radiant back into the same spool would work better than separate motor coils. There should be more pump action in the same location, but I will still need to actually build that. The idea of better spikes with iron cores is also something I have discovered while experimenting( as well as acceleration under load with these spikes)

Edit: I have tried a self loop machine to feed the recovery capacitor back to the primary capacitor. Return into coils works better in my opinion(I want to get rid of batteries)

You added the idea of the orthogonal waveform, which after seeing eftv 23 I realize is actually John Bedinis Ferris Wheel mechanism.
                        So its actually very REAL and not BULLCRAP(??) get it
                        If you look at the radus motor, you can see I was pretty close to getting that machine out, but his is by far most perfect.

You already know what you want to make and I'm still shopping until I am finished looping in time.
                        I think you can feed the generator to the motor furnishing current into the monopole because the dipole is the wheels inertia.
                        What I think JB shows on the ferris wheel is perfect self accelerator(not just slowly). The motor soaks up the generators juice and the thing would take off. But maybe your idea of the self runner is different, and closer to what JB is saying, I can't judge.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief it costs you to charge those batteries on the back end. There is a really large grey area here, but its been blanketed by the terms "impedance matching". Its hit or miss more miss than hit. Point is, I could think of many far more exciting things that we "could" do with that energy that's coming back from that coil when the field collapses. They all involve charging a cap first. I have never been a fan of charging batteries with this energy, and often wondered why so much time, energy an resources are put into the "secondary" when its the primary that should be receiving all this attention.

When it was observed that I was paying for driving the load, and major drops in speed, I changed gears. If I am going to pay "extra" for operating the load, it it might as well be for something that I can benefit from immediately. It was here that a second circuit was introduced which was supplied by the recovery capacitor. The recovery from this second circuit can technically be considered as a "free" lunch if for no other reason because its:

.....recovered recovery..... Send the "recovered recovery" through your comparator cap dump circuit, after you have used the recovery to increase your torque.

Regards
                          erfinder,

Point noted, thank you.

Dave Wing

Comment

• we have a few choices, either create a motor/generator that can run itself and power a load, and spin a seperate generator to create A.C. for powering loads. or we charge batteries to store energy for future use.

if a motor becomes a self runner, it needs to become more than that. it needs to run itself AND power something esle. the chase for the self runner is open ended. that is why the battery becomes important, you can steal potential from a self runner without impinging upon the power needed to run it. the potential can be turned into real current to do work thru a cap pulser into a battery. the battery stores the potential.

if you can run a motor/generator off a cap recovery circuit and ONLY from the cap, then the back end is free and so is the front. that is the holy grail here in all of this.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear about the earth quake.
                              Lets keep strong and build on, hopefully we get it soon.
                              So you are looking for a small powerful machine to run off with, I'm curious what you imagine.

Comment

• when its crisis its life first luxury next...(no pun intended here!)..so how and what matters with what ever you have or you don't have!!!...!its only god forbid and graced of the almighty..
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                                X