2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25

Design for Windpower per John's DVD Number 25

Hello All,
    After watching John Bedini's DVD #25, I have designed a multiple "Trigger" coil assembly which will be mounted to a 15-20 foot pole. The "Power" coils, the associated electronics, and batteries will be at ground level. As a newbie, I would appreciate any and all comments as to the viability of this arrangement. The materials are as follows:
    1. The shaft is 316L stainless steel tubing 1.000 inch OD x .065 inch wall
    2. Low friction ceramic bearings are used.
    3. The rotor material is closed cell foam. There are 8 rows of magnets with 16 magnets on a 22.5 degree spacing. Alternate rows are offset 11.25 degrees from the previous row. The magnets are .500 inch dia x .188 thick. The entire assembly is covered with a shrink wrap material to retain the magnets.
    4. Sixteen small spools are used for the trigger coils. The coils are arranged with 4 coils on a 90 degree spacing.
    5. The end plates and cross braces are 3/4 Plexiglas or 3/4 MDF (Multiple Density Fiberboard)

I have attached several drawings.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Bill,

Nice idea, but not sure why you have 16 "trigger" coils. You would only need one trigger coil to fire all of your power coils. In the DVD John was only using one of the windings on that coil under the bike wheel.

Apologies if I'm missing something here.

John K.

Hi Bill,
    This set-up looks very similar to the 12-pole monopole machine on JB's website, are you using this as a wind- power-generator.. actually is a very good idea
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.

Hi erFinder,

There is difference between the Faraday transformer and Tesla Transformer in the way they function take a closer look the bedini coil set-up is intended to function on the Tesla type of Induction and not the conventional Faraday type of Mutual Induction between primary and secondary coils..!!! ..it will be worth while to ready Peter Lindeman's FESCE book..
    very beautifully written indeed.
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.

T... TA.... TAN.... TANK....... Circuit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3-HwZMThzQ

Tom C
    Last edited by Tom C; 03-06-2014 at 02:13 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

I like your thinking - this is merely one of many many ways to do it:

Timing is everything!

Remember keeping an open mind goes "both" ways...

what bill is doing is something completely different and John K. is correct. If you watch vid 25, you should see the "windmill" is merely providing a free source to trigger. JB also shows other things you can do to the "power" coil to get more energy out of it -

Quote Originally Posted by erfinder View Post
    Hello Bill,

I generally don't post here but found myself traveling down memory lane while reading your post, and decided that I would share my experience with you. You will find like I did that the energizer will not yield the results that you are desirous of when used as a "generator" in the conventional sense and use of the term. When you look into how the SG functions you will see that its designed to overcome counter EMF, the overcoming of CEMF is why no one contemplating using the SG as a generator can be taken seriously. As an energizer, which in my opinion means magneto, or "Pulsed Dynamo" the SG is second to none! This is what I found after years of following instructions and failing. The SG can be setup to operate passively. No battery required. To build a powerful passive SG you need:

• A prime mover (wind, water, ect....ect...)
    • Alternating magnetic polarity
    • High field strength magnets (Neos)
    • an open mind....

This may rub one or two the wrong way, however, I hope it can be accepted that the idea as far as I have been able to interpret from the original poster, isn't charging batteries, its building a wind generator. This being the case, its clear that some modifications are in order.

Simply setup your SG as you normally would, making the changes in the magnets. Replace your primary battery with a capacitor. Spin it up with your prime mover. Place a volt meter on the supply capacitor and watch it charge, as it charges the SG draws its operating current from the capacitor and the circuit fires in the all too familiar manner. The recovery battery can remain where it is, or you can replace it with a cap and pulse it out.

Not being one to leave out the bad news I must say that this modification like the SG in general in my opinion has a serious power loss mechanism built into the trigger circuit. There will be a considerable amount of energy loss through the trigger that you cannot tap unless you know how which will make this system very inefficient. One way around this is to simply use different triggering method, this shouldn't be an option if you are serious about using this circuit, simply look at why the loss is taking place and find the remedy. I'll say this, the SG as presented to us is a transformer, and as a transformer we must view our system. We are pulsing a transformer, much has to be considered if the losses are to be kept to a minimum, this is extremely important when dealing with a passive system.

Have fun and good luck!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by erfinder View Post
    Sorry, but this isn't it either. A tank as we are familiar with them is frequency limited. We (I) want a tank which isn't frequency limited first, then, we (I) want to couple this frequency independent LC with a frequency limited LC. I'm sure that makes no sense, not really trying to make sense.

Regards
    erfinder,

Are you suggesting one use a non-inductive coil coupled with a inductive coil?

Regards,

Dave Wing

so you are seeking perfect resonance ( zero impedance, no resistance) at any frequency? not saying it is not doable, right now it is being done in particle accelerators. why not work with known frequencies and design from there?

tom C

Erfinder,

you bring a lot to the table, much appreciated. resonance requires sympathetic reactions inside the circuit. I see what you are pursuing in nature, inside the sun for instance. Telsa with his magnifying transmitter was using earth resonance to transmit power. my concern is that if you are in resonance with "everything" there is a ton of feedback from each frequency back into the circuit, which would require dynamic calibration for each frequency and its harmonic. has your research produced a starting point for this possibility?

anyone interested in LC resonance.
    http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/...cillators.html

Tom C

thanks for the answer, if at some point you are willing to share, I am all ears

Tom C