CONNECTING CHARGE BATT NEG TO PRIMARY POSITIVE vs CHARGE BATT NEG TO GROUND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONNECTING CHARGE BATT NEG TO PRIMARY POSITIVE vs CHARGE BATT NEG TO GROUND

Hi all, i noticed how bedini connects the negative of the charge batt to the primary positive, and i have seen in other people's radiant chargers that they conect it to ground... i was wondering what is really better, and why bedini does it this way, if he does it like this there must be a good reason. i have experimented both ways and they both charge ok, with some differences in the current draw and other details... today i was seeing how low of an input i could use and still get good charging... i noticed that when i dropped the input cuurent to like 10Ma, the oscillator stopped going, but the batt still was charging, at an even greater charge rate.... of course when i tried it connecting to primary positive, there was no chargin, no oscillation, nothing... also, i tried disconnecting the trigger wire and it also kept charging at a very good rate... this led me to think that some of the dc current from the primary was getting in somewhere through the diode, although the current draw was much less. i concluded that by connectin it to primary positive you make sure only radiant gets in... that's my thought... i would like to hear any thoughts on that, cheers!

Hi Carlos,

I would encourage you to study both circuits and decide for yourself which suits your needs better. Perhaps run some comparison tests, much easier to do with the SG oscillator as you can adjust the power much easier.

I'd love to see your test results and I will also post mine when I'm done.

John K.

Comment

Hi Carlos,

I would chime in here coz this is where you would understand what Radiant really is..! try both and find out what it all means..

Best Regards,

Navneet.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        Hi Carlos,

I would encourage you to study both circuits and decide for yourself which suits your needs better. Perhaps run some comparison tests, much easier to do with the SG oscillator as you can adjust the power much easier.

I'd love to see your test results and I will also post mine when I'm done.

John K.
        Thanks for the replies! i will set up an experiment and make a video hopefully today, and show you guys exactly what i'm doing, and all the things ive observed.. cheers

carlos

Comment

Working...
        X