Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not shown how to charge one battery with the other at the offical Bedini forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bob,Patrick,Gary and all,

sorry, i think I was missunderstood. First of all I want to clarify that English is not my mother language. And here in this forum are a lot of members who have problems with reading and understanding what is spoken or written, because of their foreing nationality. This is a fact that seems to be ignored by a lot of the english speaking members here. Some of the foreing members here are lost without a translator software. But everyone who had tried such translators knows that the translation is often funny or nonsense.
    Now it would be easy to say "get out here and go to learn English and come back and let us talk". I think there is a better way. Let us keep in mind that we are big comunity of the same interest and not only english speaking members. So what I want to say is: I am sitting here now since 35minutes for writing this few words and that's why I do not post long text in the forum. When i watch the videos postet here, I do this not only once,sometimes i need more than 3 times for understanding.
    So missunderstanding can easily happen.

For example @Patrick:
    "show me the money, show me the gold, sell me one that works off the shelf."
    "dung works on flies try a little honey next time"

I dont know what he want to say....

@BobZilla
    I dont know from where you got the idea that I am thinking "it's all BullSh*t" as you mentioned? Dont you see that this thread expects the answer for the question "why not shown ...battery with the other.."
    and if a video is postet from a member,it is expected as an answer to the question. But Patricks video isnt. It shows voltages over batteries like thousands other videos do. I have an old starter batterie and i can show you a similar video where the voltage goes from 12.6V to 16.5V after 5 minutes, recharged from my smallest SSG driven by a 12V/1.2AH primary battery on 50 milliamps. Wow! what a COP. But after half an hour the big battery is sitting back at 12.6V.
    And if connect a little 2watt lightbulb the meter reads 10.4V.
    Oh by the way,I began my "overnight learning" of Bedini stuff 30 months ago (and simultaneously
    the slang of the electronics in this forum)

@GaryHammond
    thank you for your detailed report, your description step by step is good for understanding by me, but you have not done the last decisive step.You have to discharge now the charge battery again of 1Ah and look at the meter after 1hour.Can you read 12.58 volts now?

If so,post a video showing these simple procedure you will be forelle's TOP STAR and the winner of this thread

Happy experimenting !

(more than 2h now after beginning writing)

Comment

Thanks for info Patrick

Comment

Hi Hobby,
        You are right about the language barrier and I sometimes forget not everyone is speaking/writing English.

I have an old starter batterie and i can show you a similar video where the voltage goes from 12.6V to 16.5V after 5 minutes, recharged from my smallest SSG driven by a 12V/1.2AH primary battery on 50 milliamps. Wow! what a COP. But after half an hour the big battery is sitting back at 12.6V.
        I will tell you exactly what is wrong with that. You have a HEAVILY sulphated battery, plain and simple. The fact that it will hit 16V tells me all cells are probably salvageable but you have such dirty plates that you have no capacity. If you start a conditioning cycle program on that you can probably fix it and that speaks directly to my point.

Comment

English or German,
          it does not matter the little nuances for which I notice in your writing you seem to catch on very well (this is a compliment). your basic theme, however, is to question or accuse people of either being too dumb to understand what they are doing, or outright lying about their findings.

No one is demanding you believe anything. I could care less. If you do not believe, simply skip the message. there is no need to reply to it. There is no reason to demand someone post a video to prove anything to you. Spend your time experimenting and reading posts that you feel are helpful to you.

Everything else is wasted energy. Keep focused on your experiments. Share your findings and ask for help.

Originally posted by hobbyrobotik View Post

sorry, i think I was missunderstood. First of all I want to clarify that English is not my mother language. And here in this forum are a lot of members who have problems with reading and understanding what is spoken or written, because of their foreing nationality. This is a fact that seems to be ignored by a lot of the english speaking members here. Some of the foreing members here are lost without a translator software. But everyone who had tried such translators knows that the translation is often funny or nonsense.
          Now it would be easy to say "get out here and go to learn English and come back and let us talk". I think there is a better way. Let us keep in mind that we are big comunity of the same interest and not only english speaking members. So what I want to say is: I am sitting here now since 35minutes for writing this few words and that's why I do not post long text in the forum. When i watch the videos postet here, I do this not only once,sometimes i need more than 3 times for understanding.
          So missunderstanding can easily happen.

For example @Patrick:
          "show me the money, show me the gold, sell me one that works off the shelf."
          "dung works on flies try a little honey next time"

I dont know what he want to say....

@BobZilla
          I dont know from where you got the idea that I am thinking "it's all BullSh*t" as you mentioned? Dont you see that this thread expects the answer for the question "why not shown ...battery with the other.."
          and if a video is postet from a member,it is expected as an answer to the question. But Patricks video isnt. It shows voltages over batteries like thousands other videos do. I have an old starter batterie and i can show you a similar video where the voltage goes from 12.6V to 16.5V after 5 minutes, recharged from my smallest SSG driven by a 12V/1.2AH primary battery on 50 milliamps. Wow! what a COP. But after half an hour the big battery is sitting back at 12.6V.
          And if connect a little 2watt lightbulb the meter reads 10.4V.
          Oh by the way,I began my "overnight learning" of Bedini stuff 30 months ago (and simultaneously
          the slang of the electronics in this forum)

@GaryHammond
          thank you for your detailed report, your description step by step is good for understanding by me, but you have not done the last decisive step.You have to discharge now the charge battery again of 1Ah and look at the meter after 1hour.Can you read 12.58 volts now?

If so,post a video showing these simple procedure you will be forelle's TOP STAR and the winner of this thread

Happy experimenting !

Comment

Hi hobbyrobotic,

Originally posted by hobbyrobotik View Post

..........................................@GaryHam mond

Happy experimenting !

I have been out of town ever since I posted my test results, until a short while ago. I just now started a one amp discharge as you requested at 7:30 PM here (central standard time, USA). I will stop it in exactly one hour and then let it rest for another hour and report the resting voltage as you have requested. It was resting at 12.69 volts at the start of this discharge having fallen from the 12.80 volt reading an hour after the reported charging. 12.69 is it's normal fully charged resting voltage after four or five hours of rest for this particular battery.

I don't usually post videos, only pictures. I was going to post pictures of the recorded charge curve, but the battery in my old camera was dead and my wife was ready to leave town at the time.

I'm not interested in "TOP STAR" or "winner of this thread". I'm only interested in sharing the results of my new ssg. I have performed this exact same test several times with my "second build" ssg in the past, and it always took 40 minutes at 2.0 amps from the primary batteries to recharge the one AH previously withdrawn from the charge battery. That equals 1.3333 AH to replace 1.0 AH for a cop of 0.75 . This was even with out the fans, as it was only turning a 26" bike wheel at smaller extra load.
            Last edited by Gary Hammond; 02-15-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Hi hobbyrobotic,

Like I promised, I took a voltage reading an hour after discharging the 1 AH. (I actually went 3 minutes over the hour at one amp for a total of 1.05 AH discharge because I wasn't watching the clock close enough ) The voltage reading was 12.50 volts and climbing. I'll check it again mid morning tomorrow which will be about the same rest time as it was after the first one AH discharge. It will probably recover more over night like it did before.

Comment

Hi all
                This thread is not for me to prove that this technology works or not.Its for all people which are not convinced till now.I thought we would like to spread this all over the world,but how should i convince me friends when i dont have a proove how its done.Of course i can show them JB DVD and after they ask "is he the only one who can do that?"and i have to say i dont know.
                I have 6 brand new flooded lead acid batteries each 9AH and each one is in 10 minutes at 16V and in the half time down,but i think i know what i have to change.
                Onesmore,this thread is not for me and how i have to build the SG.
                For me its very hard to understand why Teslagenex who are selling these products dont have a video where they show the "essence"(thats for me and all i know to charge one battery with the other fully with a left over) of there products have like every company in the world does if you want to sell something and more important to spread something.Also i dont understand when JB says "the important thing is to charge 4 batteries with one"like he does in the superpole bikewheel thread and i am in a position like J.Koorn that JB takes his time and talks with me that nothing happens and J.Koorn does like this dont happen. Maybe i understood somthing wrong and its really only for experimenters and to early for the rest of the world.

Comment

That was MY point LOL.

Originally posted by erwei
                  Hi Hobby,
                  i gree with your point,Patrick'video cant verify anything,a charged battery will stay above 13v,but his down 12.8v and will continue ,this phenomena from my and others‘ experiments have been seen many times。i buy 8 transistor kits and large comparator from teslagenx,i only get a 2:1 charge until now。now i test john koom’s tesla switch with sg and get a better result than original ssg。

Comment

Forelle They were talking about branch circuit output when they were talking about the 4 batteries. Go back and look at the wiring if you do not understand. I have used that method myself but instead of branching each transistor I bundled 8 of them into two separate branches, two sets of four. I have double throw switches setup so I can combine them all back together if I want too as well.

Teslagenx can speak for themselves but it seems to me the reason they started offering their products was because they wanted to help people into the experiment. Before they offered their stuff we all had to roll coils ourselves, build our own circuit boards on perf board, match our own components etc.

It is because these guys believe in the technology and did want to "spread" it as you say that they have made things readily available for people to experiment with. I for one am really glad to have them serving our little community because rolling coils out in a field somewhere is a real hassle.

I have 6 brand new flooded lead acid batteries each 9AH and each one is in 10 minutes at 16V and in the half time down,but i think i know what i have to change.
                    I suspect you are hitting those too hard. Any battery will rise way up like that if you are over driving it. The key is to feed it at a reasonable rate so that it can absorb a charge, slower is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
                      Hi hobbyrobotic,

I have been out of town ever since I posted my test results, until a short while ago. I just now started a one amp discharge as you requested at 7:30 PM here (central standard time, USA). I will stop it in exactly one hour and then let it rest for another hour and report the resting voltage as you have requested. It was resting at 12.69 volts at the start of this discharge having fallen from the 12.80 volt reading an hour after the reported charging. 12.69 is it's normal fully charged resting voltage after four or five hours of rest for this particular battery.

I don't usually post videos, only pictures. I was going to post pictures of the recorded charge curve, but the battery in my old camera was dead and my wife was ready to leave town at the time.

I'm not interested in "TOP STAR" or "winner of this thread". I'm only interested in sharing the results of my new ssg. I have performed this exact same test several times with my "second build" ssg in the past, and it always took 40 minutes at 2.0 amps from the primary batteries to recharge the one AH previously withdrawn from the charge battery. That equals 1.3333 AH to replace 1.0 AH for a cop of 0.75 . This was even with out the fans, as it was only turning a 26" bike wheel at smaller extra load.
                      Hi Gary,

thank you very much for sharing your results. these are facts with a clear and complete statement. I look forward to your pictures and charts.
                      by the way, I tried to make a joke with "forelle's TOP STAR" and so on, nothing else

stay on your good work

Comment

Hi Bob,
                        Thank you for your assistance.
                        I hope I can contribute to a better understanding when I spoke obout the language barrier.

Your "...I will tell you exactly what is wrong with that...."

is an important information to the newcomers here.
                        we can easily deceive ourselves. especially if the batteries are not so clearly broken as mine.

Comment

Ok,
                          So I had some time to kill this morning and thought, you know, most good batteries do like to rest at about 12.7 volts fully charged. So this is for everyone who is not familiar with my SLAB’s that like to sit at 13V.

Of course this video can only show what I'm talking about not prove anything. You still have to believe I am not up to any trickery. So this is mostly for friends that know I have nothing to prove. Also in the previous video showing the 3pm kit, I did have it charging w/o the modification, and it did not climb as fast as when I employed it.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.
                          KR,
                          Patrick

Comment

well this has been a promising thread,

we sell circuits and coils because the last guy who tried had no documentation, no instructions, crappy products and horrible customer service. it is completely impossible to show 1 to 1 on a video because of the naysayers. it even happened on this thread, that patrick did not show anything.

So we provide as much as we can in terms of components and coils that are approved by John B. provide the best possible starting point. at least we can help a bit, all of us at Teslagenx all have "real" jobs elsewhere.

there are so many variables on each persons build, we can hammer the point home as many times as possible as follows:

1 - build like JB
                            2- use good batteries
                            3- big wire to and from batteries
                            4- discharge your primary at C20
                            5- discharge your secondary battery at C20
                            6- dont move forward until you get good charging from the standard SG thru experimentation
                            7- dont do multi coil until you have the single coil mastered
                            8- read read read about batteries learn about them so you dont destroy them, they are the lynchpin to this tech
                            9- read read read Tesla
                            10- read read read Leedskalnin
                            11- hi freespin time
                            12- no neo magnets
                            13- wood frame
                            14- no breadboards point to point soldering
                            15- flooded lead acids are best

so the list goes on, all of this is covered in the Beginners SG book.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi hobbyrobotic,

This morning the charge battery was resting at 12.52 volts, so about .06 volts less than after yesterday's discharge. It got to 0 deg Fahrenheit outside here last night and my shop dropped from 70 deg F to 63 deg F as a result. Don't know if this had any effect on the voltage or not.

I ran another charge as well and this time it took 35 minutes @ 1.6 amps from the primaries to bring the charge battery back up to 16 volts. Then after another hour it was resting at 12.79 volts. Thats .9333 AH in to replace 1.05 AH removed for a cop of 1.125. Again, the energy to run the wheel and pull the two fans was not figured into the equation. The actual cop would be higher if this were added into the equation.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Gary Hammond; 02-15-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary, those are the numbers I would expect from the machine. They are pretty close to the numbers we got in JB's shop with the bike wheel kit.

Anyone should be able to get these numbers, just build it like Gary has

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X