Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a solder less breadboard OK for the SG DIY

Hi,
    After having gone through a nightmare of soldering fume, and in the end, getting hidden false contacts and all sort of surprises which make me think I am not willing to go through the "soldering road", can any expert here tell me
    if for a SG that I am building using the Peter Lindemann and Aaron Murakami's Beginner Handbook (a Must Have) ,
    using a solder less breadboard such as this , is OK ? :
    http://electronics-sarath.blogspot.f...omponents.html

Thank you so much !!!

a breadboard is ok for circuit verification, but you do not want to do a bunch of runs with it, there are false contacts and other issues with breadboards.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Bung-ee, those types of breadboards are designed for low voltage and low current devices, such as IC's.

My experience shows that these are not appropriate for for the Bedini SG circuit. They circuit may work, but the results will be compromised.

Good soldering takes a lot of practice with the right technique. But like all skills, once it's mastered you have that skill for the rest of your life.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
        Good soldering takes a lot of practice with the right technique. But like all skills, once it's mastered you have that skill for the rest of your life.

John K.

eeeeeee that's the anwser that knocks me down

John, Tom, thank you.
        I'll think about it. I understand that this breadboard is a possible way of testing the monster roar, but not spit flames. Currently only looking to have the monster cough.

Comment

Hey guys, as posted in a separate thread, yes, a solderless SG works and apparently works well.
          I did so using standard electrical "dominos" in french, the ones you plg.
          So, I've got a plug and play SG.
          I can tell you I already got my ROI here, because I did fry 2 or 3 transistors learning this technology, and I was able to replace them in 5 seconds.
          Solderless Rocks in my humble opinion and practically nothing experience.

I have no idea how that would compare to a soldered SG in a circuit, because the paths between the components are mutiplied by 3 or 4 to say (2 cm to6 or 8 cm), so anyway, if this has an impact on parformance, it has no impact on the usability of the SG technology.

Comment

Working...
          X