Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looped back ssg acceleration while still charging battery until point of failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looped back ssg acceleration while still charging battery until point of failure!

i tried an experiment this morning, seeing if i could take the output of the ssg and use it to fill a capacitor and then using a transistor pulse the charge back into the coil at the right time using a slave trigger coil at the virtual south pole point.

the thing accelerated like i have never seen before, and when i connected a battery instead of a capacitor it seemed to charge extremely well and started spinning upwards of around 10,000rpm (hard drive platter rotor) at a best guess! needless to say i left the room as i was quite curious what would happen, and it was lucky i did as it accelerated to the point of rotor failure with a bang.
    has anyone tried this before? i expected a longer spin down time or less input and no charging of the battery, instead the battery was going up at a rate higher than i have seen on the machine.

heres a circuit diagram, someone make it and see if it works, you need to move the slave coil untill you get the sec battery going up and the rpm going up, i was also running a winding on the coil that wasnt powered to collect energy thru a diode to the output bus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	loop back.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	51107

Hi bigmother, I'd like to try this but have a couple of questions first.

1. What is the purpose of the diode between drive battery negative and the bottom of the third winding?
    2. Is the 3rd winding part of the main coil, or is it part of the slave coil (bifilar)?

Thanks for sharing your work

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
      Hi bigmother, I'd like to try this but have a couple of questions first.

1. What is the purpose of the diode between drive battery negative and the bottom of the third winding?
      2. Is the 3rd winding part of the main coil, or is it part of the slave coil (bifilar)?

Thanks for sharing your work

John K.
      The diode conducts the inductive collapse from the repulsion coil winding that is being driven by the capacitor or battery that is being charged back into the primary circuit where it probably ghosts, i checked power thru flow with an led and it blew, so i checked again with a led resistor combo, and it lights up.

the 3rd winding is just a coil that wasnt being used on an 8 filer 0.5mm twisted coil, i ran 2 transistors bd243c on the drive transistors that powered the attraction winding, and a 2n3055 on the feedback repulsion circuit there is no bifiler coil its 8 strand, the slave coil is an air core mini spool of around 0.4mm and about a hundred grams or so.

if your doing this suggest you do it at low power, i have a very small ssg and was pushing it too hard, there was no way i was staying in the room when it took off, power draw was at 700ma and rising the charge battery was going up from about 11.7 to 12.2, it is a deep cycle 110ah marine battery, quite ruined suplphated boiled who knows, they were junk when i got them, they are getting better slowly but they ping a 7amp car charger so they take a bit of current to push up.
      I woulndt be surprised if dc was getting through from the primary to the sec battery capacitor i am not sure, you will need to test this i didnt get a chance to, i know they say you cant loop back to batteries that are being discharged so it could just be acting as a second winding powered through the secondary battery, but its always worth having a play to see what happens,

if i had a cap dump i would try the same thing with an opto sensor linked up to trigger it, you will have to get a quick discharge so small uf and low resistance windings for quick pulse duration otherwise you will cogg the rotor down hard and damage things.

Comment

Name:	loop back update.JPG
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	46056

This is a quick update to correct the circuit

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new here, this is a super awesome post.
          I have in fact made similar circuits and pretty recent as well.
          Link to videos: The spintop( mechanical amplifier oscillator), trembler and tubester are built to reuse the radiant for motor torque. 1/3 of the power is recreated and topped on to become 25% of the total power, I now design a circuit to hopefully restore that 1/3 to the runcap so its 33% of total input power. more about it can be found in thread advance spintop.
          so its confirmed it works.

JP

Comment

Cool, looks like this could be good as a more efficient motor rather than a generator/ battery charger it does show how much energy ends up in the batteries, or how little is actualy used in a standard non recovery every day motor,
            people with modified fans could determinately make use of this if they don't want to charge batteries, id like to see an imhotep fan done like this so you could compare amp draw to an unmodified one at the same rpm,

when i was puling 700ma on 2 forward drive transistors it was going way faster than when it was maxed out with 7 drive transistors consuming 1.5 amps, i wish i had done a video it was quite impressive i thought.

When i re make the rotor, il make it larger so it doesnt have to spin so fast, i would also like to see if any of the energy made it full circle and back into the primary battery through the repulsion coil recovery diode, if what you say is true it should be a third of a third, which is eleven %, idealy this would need its own capacitor dump as it will be reactive power.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
              i tried an experiment this morning, seeing if i could take the output of the ssg and use it to fill a capacitor and then using a transistor pulse the charge back into the coil at the right time using a slave trigger coil at the virtual south pole point.

the thing accelerated like i have never seen before, and when i connected a battery instead of a capacitor it seemed to charge extremely well and started spinning upwards of around 10,000rpm (hard drive platter rotor) at a best guess! needless to say i left the room as i was quite curious what would happen, and it was lucky i did as it accelerated to the point of rotor failure with a bang.
              has anyone tried this before? i expected a longer spin down time or less input and no charging of the battery, instead the battery was going up at a rate higher than i have seen on the machine.

heres a circuit diagram, someone make it and see if it works, you need to move the slave coil untill you get the sec battery going up and the rpm going up, i was also running a winding on the coil that wasnt powered to collect energy thru a diode to the output bus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3092[/ATTACH]
              It works. Sweetest little inductively triggered circuit I have played with in a while. It still suffers in the all too familiar manner though, in that if you want to increase the throughput, most of the energy is wasted as can be measured by the heat output in the base resistors. Awesome method for reusing the recovery though. I tip my hat to you. Apply this to a circuit where you don't have the associated trigger losses, and you have a winner in my opinion.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by erfinder View Post
                It works. Sweetest little inductively triggered circuit I have played with in a while. It still suffers in the all too familiar manner though, in that if you want to increase the throughput, most of the energy is wasted as can be measured by the heat output in the base resistors. Awesome method for reusing the recovery though. I tip my hat to you. Apply this to a circuit where you don't have the associated trigger losses, and you have a winner in my opinion.

Regards
                Thanks, Im working on a circuit to minimize the losses the reverse diodes take alot, i have no rotor at the moment so i am re designing that too with a more powerful 3 phase generator from 7200rpm hard disk.

Comment

Your Schematic.

Hi Bigmotherwhale,

I'm baffeled with the orientation of Q2(Transitor), and how does it switch with no ground connected...???
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Bigmotherwhale,
                    I just pondered and i'm able to figure it out, the Circuit is very unusual to the conventional mode in that the Inductor is switched in the Emmitter section of 2N3055 Transistor.
                    This is a topology of Inversion coupling between the first (Usual SG Switching)and this mode (second) of orienting the Transistor.
                    Further it does not give a picture of the need for the Slave Coil...
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88

Comment

The transistor is set up emitter follower - common collector, you could try to connect the slave coil from the positive of the drive battery to the the base to include the trigger current in the output coil - as i say you can try, not saying it will work that way, if you do and it works please let me know, its the first experiment i would try if i had a rotor.
                      there are some experiments i want to try running in emitter follower mode,
                      i dont see how it would work without the slave coil setup in this way

Name:	loop back try this (untested).JPG
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	46063

Comment

Hi Bigmotherwhale,
                        Sure would like to try it out and see for my self on the various effects that you have observed as well!,
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88

Comment

The two forward drive transistors sound impressive I haven't experienced over the top acceleration like such.
                          I also think someone should try measure the difference on a standard well know motor type.
                          Least I will do is to measure and compare the new spintop running with and without the looped power to the runcap.

May somebody not like my coil design for example, they can always replace it, but results so far don't lie about it:P
                          greets!
                          P.s. do you have a youtube with cool videos?

Comment

No i dont have a youtube or any videos but i will make some when i have a new rotor.
                            see my new thread http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...2987#post12987

Comment

I have made some new rotors quickly, and tested the circuit but with 2 drive batteries and a charge battery, in push pull, attraction repulsion, one drive bat for pull and one for push, its a half bridge circuit.
                              it works well but not as well as with the other coil running off the charge bat, it didnt try to climb and climb it just stayed at its sweet spot. oh i forgot the diode from the collector of the upside down transistor to the + of the charge battery in the diagram.
                              charging seems really good, better than running 2 transistors in one current direction, and higher rpm, i will know how well it charges tommorow.

Name:	loop back.JPG
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	46074

Comment

Working...
                              X