Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looped back ssg acceleration while still charging battery until point of failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
    , i know they say you cant loop back to batteries that are being discharged
    Yes you can, that's just an urban legend. It's all about voltage and timing. With pulsed DC you just "fill in the gaps".
    This is an interesting circuit. Try it with a hall for the trigger
    Good Luck,
    Randy
    Imagination can take you to places of new posibilities. Without it, you go where others tell you as you know no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon Catcher View Post
      Yes you can, that's just an urban legend. It's all about voltage and timing. With pulsed DC you just "fill in the gaps".
      This is an interesting circuit. Try it with a hall for the trigger
      Good Luck,
      Randy
      i agree on the battery front to a certain extent, i don't think the battery would like being treated in this way like a capacitor can only deal with a certain amount of ac current before it heats up, the same applies here i would guess.
      in this circuit the same battery is not being pulsed under load , it cant be for the circuit to work, if you do trigger at the same spot, it bogs down very hard and wrecks transistors. hopefully some of the energy not used up in resistive losses will get back to the primary.
      I have some printer optocoupler boards and discs i was planning to use instead of halls, i also wanted to try and drive an emitter follower common collector setup with a mosfet and see what happened.

i have a new rotor now with much bigger magnets i just fired it up last night on a wheel truing jig but the bearings were really noisy so i stripped them down, tho it went pretty fast, alot faster than i was expecting on 300ma 12v, it is a 10 inch rotor (kids bike wheel) with 10 magnets grade 8 ceramic, 3 power coils 2x0.5mm 130ft twisted , i would like to try this circuit again once i get it up and running, i now have a pc datalogger multimeter so i will be able to see much better whats happening on the charge battery.
      the next step after that would be to wrap some more coils, i want at least 3 coils. the batteries im using are enormous 200AH 1000cca type and they took weeks on a HD rotor to charge, solid state got me much better charging.

Comment

I did have a play on my new machine which is a 10" bike rotor with 10 magnets north out i was a bit disappointed with the results i got it did work but one transistor got hot and current draw was larger than i would have wanted, i am going to build a bedini cole full bridge circuit which this is emulating as i think the isolation that the two transistors will provide to the coil will increase radiant outflow to the secondary battery.
        I also need much more power to be able to charge my batteries quicker, the ones i have are very large 110ah so it takes along time to charge to 15v - days, i am going to get some stronger magnets and more of them and run them in super pole which i think would be perfect for push pull config, not to mention getting some bearings that aren't so noisy and running more than one coil, i want 3 coils 14 filler 0.5mm paired into 7 transistors each

The best results i got was using the trigger coil on the power windings to trigger the attraction pulse and the repulsion pulse driven from the slave trig coil.

has anyone used the bedini cole full bridge to drive a wheel on here?

Comment

bigmotherwhale - you should download 'express sch' and 'express pcb' so you can doodle up your schematics, instead of having to do the pita method u are using now.

I'm actually running a HDD right now too... I have another build in progress tho, I'm not sure how great its going to work out since it's made out of speaker ring magnets, but I guess we shall see. Going to make it the bipolar sequential. After I finish my mini-'dini. I'll give your ideas a shot tomorrow tho. Should be pretty cool. I am also charging huuuuuge batteries at the moment. it takes about a day to gain a volt on the HDD. haha
          Last edited by VortexTurtle; 03-28-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I just thought i would update this as I thought some of the things i did were irrelevant, now i think could be the reason it worked well
            the repulsion winding twice the length (2x of the same size as the attraction coil linked in series (on the same core). charge the capacitor to a high voltage safe for the transistor. i think i aimed for 50v
            also try linking the recovery coil which was incidently half the lenght of the attraction winding and small diameter wire from the FWBR into the primary or secondary not sure if this means anything but could be relevant to anyone having a play.
            good day.

Comment

Working...
            X