* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Solar Tracker III

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe777 View Post
    I'm talking about the way the batteries are each connected to a terminal block as illustrated in the picture. There are benefits in doing this with a conventional solar setup. What I was asking are those benefits not required with the tesla tracker technology.
    that way is still the best way. the important thing with terminal blocks and large wires is that everything is the same length. there is a lot of discussion on solar forums about battery cables routing. most of them have to do with where to put the positive and negatives from the panels so all batteries see the same thing.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

yes i am interested in 48v TST

Greetings all:

Recently, my RC2A12 bit the dust so I figured to repair it. Ain't happening because it is potted. I get the reason for it, and agree. (right up to the point where I can't fix mine. ;-) go figure. )

A solar tracker seems to be a good replacement since it could be used with my solar panels, but I have some questions.

If a volt is a volt is a volt, can an external power supply be connected to the device without harming it so long as the current supplied is within the rating of the solar tracker?

The 'works' in these are probably potted, so are they repairable by the manufacturer? Repairable at all?

If not repairable, could future editions be constructed with replaceable modules?

My point is: everything breaks, eventually. Spare parts, or modules, would be handy. I worked the RC2A12 hard and it gave good service but, knowing me, whatever I replace the thing with is going to have to be fixed sometime.

Also, since I have setups of various voltages, will the 24 volt input solar tracker still operate with only a 12 volt input?

I appreciate your input and work on this forum,

glen

Hi

I ordered a TST a while ago... mid July approximately. As Im still waiting, I really have time to think about how its going to be...

Just wondering if I will need to put a second battery bank and a relay switching module between them and the inverter (Outback) for maximum desulph-rejuvenation benefits of the TRACKER, or if the 900Ahr bank can just stay connected as it is..
    Thanks,

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
    Hi

I ordered a TST a while ago... mid July approximately. As I´m still waiting, I really have time to think about how it´s going to be...

Just wondering if I will need to put a second battery bank and a relay switching module between them and the inverter (Outback) for maximum desulph-rejuvenation benefits of the TRACKER, or if the 900Ahr bank can just stay connected as it is..
    Thanks,

D.
    Hi Dominus,

Did you order it through Tesla Chargers? If so, please email the support email that is shown on the banner at Tesla Chargers | World's Most Efficient, Effective & Advanced Battery Chargers for a status update.
    Admin
    Energy Science Forum

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING THIS FORUM, PLEASE READ THIS F.A.Q. FIRST. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fa...=vb3_board_faq

Hi

No, I got it from sunlightbioelectric
    Ok, now I'm getting what's going on exactly in the batteries, after watching Lindemann's conferences
    The TST is pushing to 30V+ nicely

I have been reading up on AGM batteries and in several places they said they are sensitive to over charging above 2.4 volts per cell. they also said it would reduce the life span of the AGM battery by 60 percent if one goes over that value. So my question is , Is it safe to use the solar tracker on AGM bateries or use the 2A12 to charge the AGM batteries since the charger go way over that value. I'd hate to ruin all my AGM batteries.... I think it said the flooded cell lead acid batteries are not sensitive to the over charging.
    I just ordered my first solar tracker and got a couple of solar panels to try out on my battery bank. Some good use cell tower batteries. I just watched battery secrets with Peter as well. Just wanting to get some close distinctions on the battery types and the charger compatibilities.
    Last edited by vzon17; 11-17-2013 at 12:39 AM.

S10a24

Hello,
    about a year ago I purchased a S10A24. I use this charger to charge 4x Trojan L16 in series.
    As a power source I'm using a variable powersupply with current limiter, and all goes well,
    recently I was thinking
    If it is possible to hook up a 12 Volt solar panel to charge a 12 Volt battery bank using my S10A24 ??
    Who can help me with this ????
    thank you in advance.

B

Quote Originally Posted by vzon17 View Post
    I have been reading up on AGM batteries and in several places they said they are sensitive to over charging above 2.4 volts per cell. they also said it would reduce the life span of the AGM battery by 60 percent if one goes over that value. So my question is , Is it safe to use the solar tracker on AGM bateries or use the 2A12 to charge the AGM batteries since the charger go way over that value. I'd hate to ruin all my AGM batteries.... I think it said the flooded cell lead acid batteries are not sensitive to the over charging.
    I just ordered my first solar tracker and got a couple of solar panels to try out on my battery bank. Some good use cell tower batteries. I just watched battery secrets with Peter as well. Just wanting to get some close distinctions on the battery types and the charger compatibilities.

Vson,

if you are going to use the solar tracker on AGM batteries, we can have energenx make one for you that has the voltage threshold set correctly for them. we have done this before. the trackers come set for flooded lead acid batteries.

Tom C

Quote Originally Posted by baywa1 View Post
    Hello,
    about a year ago I purchased a S10A24. I use this charger to charge 4x Trojan L16 in series.
    As a power source I'm using a variable powersupply with current limiter, and all goes well,
    recently I was thinking
    If it is possible to hook up a 12 Volt solar panel to charge a 12 Volt battery bank using my S10A24 ??
    Who can help me with this ????
    thank you in advance.

B
    no the voltage limiter on the 24 volt tracker has a finish voltage too high, and you wont have enough current on the primary side, the tracker may not even come on.

Tom C