increase in charging reduced input ma when earth battery conected to ssg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increase in charging reduced input ma when earth battery conected to ssg

After reading some stuff on here about stubblefield i decided to put in a copper and stainless rod into the ground spaced about 5m apart connected to some reasonably think copper wires, i connected the iron to the neg of the charge battery and the copper to the collector of a spare switching transistor instead of a coil with the diode output still connected to the charge bat, the input dropped from 665ma to 660ma or thereabouts on a cheap dmm, the battery on the charge side increased bu 0.12 volts instantly

can someone please verify this, it should only take 10 mins to do the copper was a water pipe and the steel was a junk roller from an inkjet
    if you need a diagram i can provide but its pretty simple.

Hi bmw, did you happen to measure the voltage across the copper and iron?

John K.

Comment

Yes i did it was 0.4 volts, i have just been messing about and have managed to kill a transistor (knocked the charge lead off) luckily its only a cheap bd243c so im 1 winding down, the effect is still there, tommorow i am going to try more copper and zinc coated iron in the ground and see if i can get it any better.
      the reason i tried this was because of a thread on here about earth batteries talking about ground symbols in the Bedini circuits, seemed to work well.
      oh another thing i put car speaker in series with the ground connected to the machine it causes a buzzing sound

Comment

Thanks bigmother, that's very interesting. I will try this. I wonder what the frequency of the buzzing sound is.

John K.

Comment

it matches the pulse frequency of the motor, without the motor connected i get nothing but a small click

Comment

I've been wanting to drive some ground rods into the ground anyway, so I went ahead and replicated, but with a 2 foot piece of 1/2" rebar and 1/2" piece of old copper pipe and 12awg double-insulated solid copper wire. I didn't get anywhere near the same results though. Initially, I got .6mA and 387mV. I then connected the leads to a 12V battery and went out there and poured some Epsom salty, very diluted (with distilled water) white vinegar, and also some sand that is 99% quarts on the spots to get them nice and wet, took the leads off, waited an hour, shorted out the leads, and re-measured. Results: 669mA, 590mV. Waited another hour after leaving the meter hooked up and on, and measured .8mA, 8.3mV when measuring both at the same time, and 443mV and .8mA separate.

I hooked it up to my machine as you did and got nothing as a result, but when I hook up the steel to a 1n914 then to drive batt neg, the system started charging a good bit faster. Then I hooked up the copper to a 1n914 then drive positive, and it jumped the charge batt up by 50mV over about 2 minutes. long term, it also slowed down the discharge of my drive battery. I'm leaving them on over night and we will see how it looks in the morning..... definitely interesting though!! I don't get anything when I put speakers in series though, and I tried various ones from 4 ohm to 25 ohm, .3W to 4W and a 50W. Probably due to the diodes, now that I think about it, but I don't want my 'juice' draining out into the dirt......

Comment

So it is 12:32PM here on the East Coast, and I have some interesting results to post for my little setup as described above. I am using a 650CCA battery on 'Run' and an 800CCA battery on charge. Last night, when I last measured, the Run battery had 12.13V and the Charge battery had 12.46V. At this very moment, my Run battery is at 12V and my Charge battery is at 13.3V. I definitely like what I am seeing. Next, I think I'm going to tie in a 6V 1W radioshack solar panel tied in. After that, I'm going to make some sort of antenna array, put it on the roof, and then hook that in to the copper line. Hopefully my array pulls in a good chunk of + energy from the atmosphere/sun. I guess we shall see.....
              Last edited by VortexTurtle; 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                I want to try this!

Comment

Working...
                X