Questions Regarding a Battery "Charging," Switching Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Regarding a Battery "Charging," Switching Controller

I read something or watched a video perhaps on the Renaissance Charge website and perhaps elsewhere regarding the Small Window motor which seems to delight interested beginners and gawkers alike (and, to my pleasure, disappoints certain parties, sometimes to the point of hostility and violence as I have experienced...it is always pleasing to know when someone in your company takes their humor too seriously, but I digress).

At any rate, I am trying to find out how I would either make or buy the circuit that was brought to attention: a circuit that will automatically switch between the two batteries after one becomes charged AND move the load--from the one that is under load to the one that was charging (having become topped off), the former now becoming the charging battery and the latter, formerly charged battery becoming the one under load.

From what I have gathered, the load cannot be placed upon the battery being "charged" by these circuits, hopefully y'all can help me automate the switching process so that I don't have to control it manually.

Thanks for y'all's aid and most importantly, camaraderie in these difficult times and with even more difficult individuals who stubbornly and with no true reason stand between us and paradise.

<ultimatelyunified>
    Last edited by razer1073; 01-27-2014, 10:57 PM.

One example for the circuit would be the Capacitor discharge unit that is explained in the "intermediate handbook". It could use as Input one 12V battery, and as Output the cap bank. The load will be taken from the Cap Bank. I am currently building this device for my SG, but after I read the essay about batteries with an infinite COP, I'm very interrested in testing out this theory.

So using just one battery, dis-charging it into the Cap Bank for half a second, keeping it at rest for half a second, and so on. As load I will use some LED's. It should just be a proof of concept.

Hope, this helps!
    Ralf

Comment

Thanks Ralf!

I wonder if such a circuit causes the light to pulse??? Such a discharge is not a problem, in fact it would be the opposite, as as you said, it is a proof of concept but this so serendipitously (which is a commonality in this field, or more properly, when this field is arranged properly) would create even more of a spectacle, almost to distraction, which is definitely what I am aiming for in this demonstration.

Could you or anyone provide a link to the mentioned essay and a schematic, please?

Thanks so much!

-Jake

Comment

So, it seems that I have settled upon a certain design, found on the 24th page (http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...diate+handbook) of the first link in the above post, the circuit is shown in post #231 and is an SCR Zener capacitor dump circuit and even has room for a few LEDs.

This is the circuit that I am gonna build but I just have one question and that is that when I go to buy a Zener diode, it has the 27v but also has different watts listed and on the diagram it has 1.2 amps pulsed on there, is that related to the wattage of the Zener and if not, does 27v without the wattage listed just mean 1 watt by default. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and happy travels...through time!!!

Comment

Buy a zener diode 5.1 volt and 1.3 watt with 2 bright white LEDs for me works fine.
          reed post #236 Thanks to hobbyrobotik

Comment

Originally posted by razer1073 View Post
            So, it seems that I have settled upon a certain design, found on the 24th page (http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...diate+handbook) of the first link in the above post, the circuit is shown in post #231 and is an SCR Zener capacitor dump circuit and even has room for a few LEDs.

This is the circuit that I am gonna build but I just have one question and that is that when I go to buy a Zener diode, it has the 27v but also has different watts listed and on the diagram it has 1.2 amps pulsed on there, is that related to the wattage of the Zener and if not, does 27v without the wattage listed just mean 1 watt by default. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and happy travels...through time!!!
            Hi razer1073
            I have built the circuit from hobbyrobotik and you can use only a zener without led.I have a 13v/5W zener with that it charges the cap to 25v and discharges down to the batteryvoltage(the comparator would be better because it stops above the batterievoltage,but thats only an improvement).If you take a IXYS CS45-12I01(SCR),with this you can reliable switch between 30000uf till 120000uf(i dont test other sizes).Everything is cold and sharp switching.

Comment

Working...
            X