No announcement yet.

Bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I am waiting to see what happens with the Icelandic cyrptocoin drop which will be coming soon. To clarify some of my earlier statements about a problem with bitcoin and cryptocoin transactions I think I may have been processing on a less then attentive level (I dislike the whole constructs of unconscious and subconscious. That which is not conscious can not have anything intelligible said about it, there are dreams and other various other information flows but what the hell is unconscious supposed to mean?). So I noticed earlier the Dogecoin tipbots giving 1 cent tips and eventually had to conclude what stops one from giving a million one cent tips, I had even mentioned in a thread the dogecoin programer was writing in, "please don't fork your blockchain again because with all the transactions it may take a week for a new wallet to synchronize". The corollary to this is, say I am Bank of America, what stops me sending a million one dollar transactions to Goldman Sachs and having them (with low transaction fees) immediately sending a million transactions right back and so on and so forth. Perhaps I synthesized these concerns with a conscious "we got them" thought. The people that put bitcoin together are likely much smarter than me and much, much smarter with programming, they perhaps have some defense I hope so, but if the banks felt threatened they could certainly send a million, thousand dollar transactions back and forth ad nauseum just eating the transaction fees, for myself I don't know what they would do. Then again if it is the new One World currency, maybe I'll be in at the start!! Sorry.

So what will I look at this Spring. I want to go back to just looking at spinning things but may not have time at the moment, I think once I started I would not be able to tear myself away, so I am for the moment just going to look at a couple ways to increase gas mileage in my old '99 Ford Ranger. First I am going to try the Ceramic Metal Treatment (Cerma) that was mentioned about on Energetic Forum. Second I am going to buy some Lithium Orotate and stick it in the gas tank. Yeah Baby!!!

There are two reasons why lithium might improve combustion that I know of, first, lithium burns in water so this would potentially combust ambient humidity in the piston combustion chamber. Second is the "kooky" idea that a small portion of the lithium will undergo transmutation to helium in the combustion chamber with a great release of energy. So I got this idea from, ah ... ah, let me see, oh yes one of the Bedini series videos. There was a, God rest his soul, gentleman who validated free energy devices. He went on for maybe an hour and fifteen minutes on everything that didn't work, then he just started dropping bombs. One of these was that someone who optimized large megawatt electrical power plants for efficiency told him that lithium transmutated in a hydrocarbon flame with a great release of energy. I thought that was one of the silliest things I've ever heard so I Googled "Lithium gas additive". There is one relevant result and that is a patent describing an increase in gas mileage from addition of lithium. I suspect from the patent that all that is needed is ionic lithium and likely lithium carbonate would work better per gram than lithium orotate but you might need a medical license to easily obtain it. I also read up on lithium and transmutation and this really surprised me especially how so many things are interrelated. So a Nobel prize was given to Cockroft and Walton for performing the first nuclear transmutation. They did this by bombarding lithium with hydrogen nuclei, where it turned into helium. They accelerated the Hydrogen nuclei to high speed by developing a very high voltage circuit, the Cockroft/Walton (Greinacher) circuit, one which I would like and intend to build. The Nobel Prize write up was informative in that it noted that due to discoveries in quantum mechanics the speed of the hydrogen nucleus shot at the lithium atom would not always need to be so great as would be expected to cause a fusion reaction. I thought of this again in terms of high school chemistry and the transition states in a hydrocarbon/oxygen reaction. So, who knows, one might also think of introducing some free hydrogen atoms into the combustion chamber if such a model has any validity.

So I may be an idiot, but I still wouldn't mind tooling around town in a fusion powered 1999 Ford Ranger. The darn thing hardly gets 15 MPG now, will try and let you know what I see with the various changes.

Comment

Ordered both the Cerma oil treatment and a 3 dollar bottle of 50 5mg lithium orotate pills. I may just end up clogging my fuel filter but I am getting enthusiastic about this lithium idea. As it is a bit odd I'll give my thinking.
      1) There is an approved U.S. patent which stated that addition of an ionic lithium compound led to a 7.5 percent increase in mileage. The patent author notes that the compound can be dissolved in an oil base first or added directly to the fuel. There are two additional compounds in the mixture a peroxide compound and I can't remember the other, the author goes onto note that these can be in ratios of anywhere from 2 to 20 percent of the compound, so I am hoping the other two components are not critical. The compound itself is a lithium ion attached to a sulfonate group which is attached to a benzene ring which has an aliphatic hydrocarbon chain attached as well http://www.buyersguidechem.com/Alief...m=703725502634. This looks nothing like lithium orotate, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_orotate with the exception that both have ionic lithium and that is the bet, that that is what is important. Finally, from the patent, "When added directly to a fuel, the fuel should comprise about 0.001 wt. % to 5 wt. % of the additive composition.". If I did the math right, considering only the lithium ion concentration, a single 5 mg pill would be within this range and, while I might check it again, I believe about equivalent to 0.01 % of the patented compound.

2) Mechanism of action. Yes there are many true effects seen which do not fit conventional physics but I would have no framework to evaluate them and there are two explanations using conventional frameworks, one being really straightforward and the other really out in left field.
      a) Conventional explanation 1). Lithium burns in water, this is why I am enthusiastic. There could be a modest release of energy when the lithium reacts with ambient water in the combustion chamber. How does it react, well like this, 2Li(s)+ 2H2O(l)→ 2LiOH(aq)+H2(g). See the last component there, that is hydrogen gas, enough said.
      b) Conventional (far out) explanation 2). I've heard it said lithium undergoes transmutation to helium in a hydrocarbon flame. That struck me as a rather goofy thing to say. When I spent some time looking into it though, you could sort of make a conventional argument that it might just happen at a miniscule rate. So for background the transmutation of lithium to helium is one of the first reported examples of a controlled nuclear reaction. Cockroft and Walton did it by accelerating hydrogen ions to very high speed and bombarding lithium with it. What struck me when I read the Nobel prize presentation speech for them http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...951/press.html was this line, "This work had shown that, because of the wave properties of matter, there is a certain probability for a positively charged particle to penetrate into a nucleus even if, according to ordinary mechanical concepts, the velocity of the particle does not suffice to overcome the electric repulsion from the nucleus." Now we can think about what is going on in the piston combustion chamber. With either the reaction of lithium with water or the more common reaction of burning fuel, there is in the transition state a free hydrogen ion. I always kind of think of it as just immediately jumping to the end product molecule, but it has to travel a distance to do this and it could theoretically hit a lithium nucleus. I have no idea how to estimate at what velocity it might hit, but because of the earlier quote then from conventional quantum mechanics there is a more than zero chance, even if it is not going super fast, that it will lead to a transmutation reaction. So as I said, who knows?, maybe.

Just for fun we can calculate the energy from full transmutation of 5 grams lithium to helium.

{ H1 + Li7 } ---> He 4 + He4 + E. with release of 8.53 X 10e6 electron volts http://www.scitechantiques.com/atomsmasher/

one electron volt = 1.60217657 × 10-19 joules. 8.53 X 10e6 x 1.60217657 × 10-19 = 1.37e-12 Joules

5 grams lithium = 5/6.94(Li atomic weight) = 0.72 moles lithium. One mole contains Avagadro's number of atoms. Avagadros number = 6.022 e23

6.022 e23 x 0.72 = 4.33 e23 atoms of lithium in 5 grams.

4.33 e23 x 1.37e-12 = 593210000000 Joules, 593 Billion Joules, a watt is a joule per/sec so 593 billion watts, a horsepower is 746 watts so 795 million horsepower. At a rate of 200 horsepower one could run the engine for 46 days nonstop off of 5 grams of lithium. Looked at another way if a normal tank of gas lasts three hours, 3600*3 = 10,800 seconds this would be 73,611 horsepower if consumed over 3 hours. If any effect of the additive was only from fusion, not the production of hydrogen gas as noted earlier, and if one saw an improvement of 10 horsepower, this would imply that 10/73,611 = 0.014% of lithium ions would be undergoing transmutation.

Sorry, this is starting to appear a bit manic, decent possibility I'll just clog my fuel filter, but as you can see I'm looking forward to this. If there is something to it, my guess is that you just may get a bit of hydrogen on demand with lithium in the mix. Stuff should be here maybe end of this week.

Comment

uh I would more worry about burning a hole in the top of your piston, the lithium molecule dissolved wont get stopeed by the fuel filter..... got a lawnmower you can try first?

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

First results

Put in the Cerma oil additive about a week ago. I think it is great stuff, the engine is now so quiet at idle you hardly can hear it. Prior to this I had one MPG check at 15.4 MPG, this may have been a little low as their was some rain and sleet that week and for a small part of the time it was in 4 wheel drive. After the Cerma, treatment mileage was 15.9 MPG. Next, put in one lithium orotate capsule (opened capsule poured powder in rim of fuel tank then added fuel) felt a little silly when you see just how little powder you are adding. Engine continued to run very smooth and quiet, may be subjective but it felt to have both more torque and horsepower as well. Drove it 132.4 miles, about 75 percent highway 25 percent city, topped off gas tank at same pump it took 6.77 gallons. 132.4/6.77 = 19.56 MPG. Fuel economy.gov lists the MPG for a new? Ford ranger as 15 city 16 combined 19 highway. So this combined reading is better then the new car highway MPG. On the face of it this is a (19.56-15.4)/15.4, 27 percent increase in mileage.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself especially with so little data, there are lots of things that could be going on. Methodology wise, did the gas pump cut off at the same level, I used the same gas pump but will need more data. Am I unconsciously trying to hyper-mile and changing my driving style maybe, but I have always tried to do that as it gets such awful gas mileage to start with. Also there are two variables here, it is I suppose possible that this is all the result of the Cerma additive. Strict testing reported on Cerma's website found fuel savings in the 2-4 percent range, right in line with what I saw on the first run with only Cerma present, then again this is a 15 year old pick-up. Put simply though, I really doubt this is all from Cerma.

So at my last fill-up I put in two capsules worth. Engine still runs great, will see what the mileage shows, I also have to get my emissions testing done and will look to do that next week, am curious what the readings will show. So too early to say, but at this point I'm blown away with how encouraging the early results are. The ironic thing is I do maybe 80 percent of my work from home so I am wasting a fair amount of gas and money to get this data. More to come next week.
          Last edited by ZPDM; 03-29-2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

The Auroracoin airdrop has successfully commenced and Icelanders may now claim their coins, worth I believe about $300 a few days ago, this has since spawned Spaincoin, Scotcoin etc. using the same approach as Auroracoin, will have to see where it all leads. I want to go back now to lithium as a fuel additive, I should really start another thread but after this post I may not have much more to say. First some data, then some hot air, err theory. Even before that what I did. 1) buy a 50 pill bottle of Swanson's lithium Orotate (LO) for 4 bucks on Amazon. 2) Open one capsule and pour the white powder in the rim of the fuel tank (careful that it doesn't all blow away) 3) Use the fuel nozzle to lightly wash the powder into the tank, 4) fill tank 5) drive.

I next ran a tank of gas with approximately 2 1/2 pills worth of LO in the tank for about 250 miles, mileage decreased to about 18.5 MPG down from about 19.5 with one pill though still above 15.5 previously and 15.9 with the cerma oil treatment (again it is possible MPG changes are primarily due to cerma). Took the pick-up truck for emissions testing, what a racket, they now don't even give you a readout of pollutants, what they do now, at least where I live, is give you a list of engine codes, so I learned among other things that two pistons were misfiring and the oxygen sensor was off. O2 sensor may be off or may be confused, the misfires mean I am guessing that either I have old sparkplugs or the lithium has enhanced combustion to the point that there is a timing problem. So first I will drive a tank full with no lithium to wash out any remaining lithium fill it again and go back for another emissions test, this should give me an idea which if any of the changes were caused by lithium. After this I need to get the thing past emissions. I don't feel like wasting any more time/gas and really only drive maybe ten miles a day on average right now, so this process will take a month or two. Then try adding a half or whole lithium cap and see what I get MPG wise. In the meantime, however, I do have a Chinese 3Kw generator that doesn't work and know a good small engine mechanic, so I'll take it to him and see if a bit of extended discussion is possible/appropriate. I want to talk about theory for a bit, will do that in a second post to break things up, but in summary, I can't know exactly what the oil treatment did, so won't say I am confirming things, I would say my experience is supportive of the findings in Patent US6858047.

Comment

Hot air,

I am going to make the assumption that the improvement in mileage I saw and apparent improvement in power was from the addition of lithium, so at this point ... uh ... I got nothin. I have no flippin idea. There is certainly enough waste in combustion engines for there to be somehow a more efficient burn of the fuel. Yes, lithium will react with water to release H2 gas, there is that however 1) I don't know if the ambient humidity in the piston chamber would lead to much of the lithium reacting and 2) doing the molar calculations if all 5 grams reacted this would release an amount of H2 equivalent (over the whole tankful of gas) of hydrolyzing about a teaspoon of water, that doesn't sound like it would make much of a difference to me (perhaps I am wrong?) so something unknown may be happening.

There is that one claim of fusion from lithium in a hydrocarbon flame. Before going further I would say it would be very easy to get to the bottom of this if one had the equipment and expertise. Just do a spectrographic analysis of the tailpipe exhaust if there is helium present one has one's answer. So, unless I seriously entertain the notion that there is a controlled fusion reaction going on in my Ford pick-up, the rest of this is just to be silly. Also I realize that when one has very unexpected results it is sometimes best to throw the textbook out the window as it really doesn't apply in such "outlier" cases. So consider this something akin to comic book speculation.

Alight the first question I had was how fast were the H+ ions going in Cockroft Walton's experiment when they bombarded lithium with H+ and got some He. The ions were accelerated through 100,000 electron volts, I did all this in one night and may be way off but I came up with approximately one million MPH. Next what would be the speed of H2 in a piston, I came up with a root mean square speed on the order of 3-4 thousand MPH though with a pretty flat bell curve. Aside from being much slower, less energetic, there is another problem, that would be what H2 might do in the conditions present in a piston doesn't really matter, there needs to be H+, so is there any in the piston. Here is a quote from an online organic chem text on the combustion of propane https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/facul...x1.htm#combust
              CH3-CH2-CH3 + 5 O2 ——> 3 CO2 + 4 H2O + heat
              "we see from the following equation that every covalent bond in the reactants has been broken and an entirely new set of covalent bonds have formed in the products."
              So with every covalent bond broken propane would give 8 H+ ions in the transition state. The problem is that the C-H bond is strained by the influence of O2 and vice/versa so any H+ ion it would seem to me would be expected to just pop off C and scoot right over to the nearby O. The sci-fi type question is does the H+ ever miss? Could O2 give a glancing blow that knocks off an H+ but has moved out of the way before H+ reacts with it. In such case H+ would, perhaps even somewhat analogous to a free radical, bounce around like a pinball until things eventually balanced out again. I have no idea if such a thing happens but if it did, the bond having been strained like a spring or rubber band before breaking, the H+ could be expected to be moving at a high velocity, what that velocity would be I have no idea. So just maybe you can make a comic book case that there would be high energy H+ available in a combustion chamber to bump into lithium. One last point, if there is even the slightest chance of fusion going on, one would want to be very, very careful with mixing this lithium approach with a hydroxy on demand approach. Aside from the fact that hydroxy gas seems to have a number of unique properties, if the availability of H+ is the limiting reagent in the reaction, the reaction might increase quite considerably in the presence of hydroxy, have no idea but figured it should be mentioned. At this point I haven't even fully confirmed that lithium is improving things that is just what I saw anecdotally from two tanks of gas. Not sure if I'll post any more on this, can't recommend anyone put their car engine at risk but can say I saw with lithium (and cerma) a noticeable increase in mileage over one and half tankfuls of gas.
              Last edited by ZPDM; 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Further confirmation of lithium orotate as a gasoline additive. Spent the afternoon with a small engine mechanic. We took a measured amount of gas, about half a quart, ran a lawnmower engine with it and timed how long it ran. We next ran the same engine with a half quart of gasoline with lithium orortate (one pill in 4 gallons). The engine ran 15% longer. We repeated the test, the engine again ran 15% longer. This finding is supportive of the statement made in the Energy from the Vacuum series that lithium improves the burn of hydrocarbons. The mechanic, somewhat to my surprise, was not very concerned at all that the lithium additive might have a damaging effect on the engine and is planning to use it in his vehicle and see what improvements he may find in mileage. As noted I saw a 25-30% improvement when I added it to my old pick-up truck, the discrepancy with the more controlled test from this afternoon is either 1) chance 2) I unconsciously drove more conservative with the additive in or 3) there is a horsepower improvement which didn't show up in this afternoons test as the engine wasn't under load. So, aside from the orotate part, this is nothing new just reiterates what is in the approved published patent on the matter. Oh and if you want to have some fun with this, be sure to open the capsule and just put the lithium orotate powder in, we actually tested to see if a closed capsule would dissolve in gas and it doesn't. There is no long term data at this point as to how the changed gasoline might harm (or improve) long term engine wear so proceed at your own risk, but this afternoon's test was all good clean fun. I suspect you need about one capsule for say every ten gallons of gas, again need more data but that should work maybe one per five gallons. My guess is any sort of Lithium salt would work fine, as long as the negative ion is something like carbonate or orotate where there is nothing weird that would mess up the engine. My other guess is that it may be catalyzing some change in the gas structure that allows for a more efficient burn, but who knows it may also be a very unexpected mechanism of action as well as proposed in the energy from the vacuum video. Unless, I find engines falling apart or some such I don't plan to do more then maybe an occasional update on this if even that, but I would say, have fun, if you also find it works maybe mention it to a trucker or farmer if you think it would help them.

Comment

Z,

start a new thread and label it lithium additive, and copy your posts over there. good thread to have but not related to bitcoin.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                  X