Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strapped together

Jelloir,
    In answer to your question about stacking. The Tracker 5 can be stacked but that requires the other units to be just slave units. Regulation then must be controlled by the master Tracker it then would only require two small 18 gauge wires as all output's would be parallel to the main unit. The outputs and inputs then are strapped together and you could take this up to 15Kw and beyond if you wanted to. The slave units would also be fan cooled but the battery indicator would be missing. The driver portion of the unit must be modified for the proper drive current. We have not had anybody ask for that to be built that way but the circuits are already in the board to do that. so the slave units would just have a blue led and the fan all controlled by the master unit. The tricky part is the driver amplifier but it can be done to drive any amount of output slaves. Not very many people would be able to buy that many units unless money was no object. The 160 amp unit is limited by the output breaker but can take far more then advertised it's almost 50% under rated the 80 Amp is 20% under rated giving these units large safe SOA curves for the amplifier section. I did build a few with large TO3 Devices with massive heat sinks. The units are still in test and running just fine 3 years later. I did this the same way as the Amplifiers because If I live 35 more years that is when I would see them back if anything failed. Hope this answers your question.
    John B
    John Bedini
    My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Yes that answers my question thoroughly. Does modifying the driver portion of the unit mean that unit can still operate standalone?

It raises a question about redundacy. Given they can be stacked it seems that if you want increased reliability, one could consider using 2x 80A trackers in place of a single 160A for example. I know the trackers are built rock solid but Murphys Law is always a consideration. So if one of the trackers did fail then at least you could still produce power (albeit less) whilst waiting for a new unit from Energenx.

I presume a special request would need to be made with a tracker order for the the driver component? Is there anything else that should be considered if someone wanted to use this scenario?

Simply adding slave trackers when required and budgets allow seems excellent.

Also, whilst I have the oppurtunity, a sincere "Thank You" for the technology you have provided to the public. I only just begun research into electronics, Bedini SG's, radiant energy, etc. 2 months ago but it has been the most fascinating time in my life and I expect it will continue to be.

Comment

Jelloir,
        The answer is yes. the driver for that would be in the slave stages. That is correct except some people require the 160 for what they are doing. The 160 amp unit uses 24 selected output transistors, it is less costly to do it that way. Once they are stacked they become very rugged in terms of SOA. each device in the amplifier is sharing currents to a level that is safe.
        A much bigger unit is planed with built in drivers and switchable slave stages so it can operate at any power level. Some of the units on the spice programs are planned to do 1500 amps, by the way spice does not always work in the real world so they must be breadboarded to check for problems. I'm also looking for logic switching with high currents. The units require emitter balancing so some resistors require a selection of less then 1 percent. I sometime must go through 100 resistors at a time to find the correct one. Hope this answer your other question. The 20 amp Tracker uses three 25 watt precision Dale 1 percent resistors so balance is achieved.
        John B
        Last edited by John_Bedini; 04-13-2014, 02:16 AM.
        John Bedini

Comment

Strapping Units

@ All,
          Please let me explain again about strapping the Tesla Solar chargers, this only applies to the Tesla 5 Tracker.
          First you can not parallel the Tracker's as each linear regulator and amplifier is adjusts for the unit that it is working in and set.
          This means if you attempt this they will not share any currents and you will over heat and burn out one or the other as one will try to supply more current as they are not tracked between the two units. As I have said in an earlier post, this is possible at the time of manufacturing and must be ordered that way. The only way around this is to send the units in and have it done as this is the same thing as having matched Amplifiers. One of the modules is removed and a slave unit is put in it's place and three cables are added two 18 gauge wires and a 8 gauge cable. On the front of the unit cables are added between the two units.
          I have said before you would only do this if cost was no object. If you have the 160 Amp unit send it in and have it done, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF, the circuit is critical and must be balanced with all devices. One circuit is the controlling circuit, if you try to do it anyway it would be like having two brains in the same head, they would fight each other to the death of one. We have plans for much bigger units soon but production and designing takes time. Please do not attempt this as it will be very costly if you burn them out.
          John Bedini

Comment

I am very confused...

Why are the products - with are made/produced by John Bedini" not everywhere the same ??

Wen I look ad:
            John's site : http://energenx.com/products.html

And
            Tom C his website : http://www.teslagenx.com/?source=TC

Last but not least on the website from peter Lindeman his friend and Aaron Murakami : http://teslachargers.com/solartrackeriii.html#solar12

This mess dont give me a trustable feeling......

With my experiance with Rick in the past my feeling say buy it only ad John's site http://energenx.com/products.html, but there are not all the products.
            This is why I think people selling there own products for big money and not products directly from John.. ???

Correct me if I am wrong.....
            Last edited by gandyman; 04-21-2014, 03:11 AM.

Comment

all of the products sold by TeslagenX and tesla chargers come directly from Johns shop in Idaho. I am not sure what it is you are looking for, we have chosen at TeslagenX to offer everything John manufactures, including his amplifiers, and the energy from the vacuum DVD series, while Aaron and peter have chosen to focus on chargers, solar trackers, and the books that Peter and Aaron write. Aaron also sells the ASEA actvated water, which is amazing also!

Rick is manufacturing chargers without a License from Energenx, nothing you buy from Rick comes out of John's shop, it is all copycat clones with inferior parts.

Tom C
              Last edited by Tom C; 04-21-2014, 12:29 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Linear Reg On SSG

I have been asked many times about hooking Linear Amplifier Regulators to SSG machines, so basically this is solar charger circuitry that has gone through heavy modifications.
                As For RICK F I have nothing to do with him as people calling me have complained about him steeling the money and never delivering anything, He took all the circuits from Energenx but I hid all the new stuff at home because I knew he was going through my computer at work when I was not around, he took all Bretts work and is trying to make it, good luck as it can be a real problems. I booted him out of here and have had nothing missing since he was booted, and I don't mean booted because he knew anything, he does not.
                Anyway enough on Rick here.
                In this video I show a linear Current Amplifier hooked to a SSG machine. I explain some of the operation but not all of it because of time limits. The Linear amp combines a filter section for converting the spiked high voltage and then transforming the DC through a Bata multiplier filter controlled buy a zener to limit the DC voltage to the input stage of the linear Amplifier circuit. The Comparator circuits indicate the state of the battery when battery approaches top of curve. If you attend the conference then I will go through the circuits running on the machine. I also said that since it works like an amplifier it can be used for sound, not very many people have ever heard class A linear regulators running as amplifiers for audio but it was developed years ago by me for class A operation at small power levels.

Tesla Solar Charger/Energenx

John Bedini

Last edited by John_Bedini; 04-21-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: corr
                John Bedini

Comment

Thanks John that is great!!

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                    all of the products sold by TeslagenX and tesla chargers come directly from Johns shop in Idaho. I am not sure what it is you are looking for, we have chosen at TeslagenX to offer everything John manufactures, including his amplifiers, and the energy from the vacuum DVD series, while Aaron and peter have chosen to focus on chargers, solar trackers, and the books that Peter and Aaron write. Aaron also sells the ASEA actvated water, which is amazing also!
                    Yesterday I order something in your shop..
                    Ad the time off ordering I read that all producst come directly from John shop....

In the front it is not clear who are official dealers from John's product's so this is what confused me.

Rick is manufacturing chargers without a License from Energenx, nothing you buy from Rick comes out of John's shop, it is all copycat clones with inferior parts.

Tom C
                    I know the whole history what Rick has done.........

While you all selling different products, I would be a nice service to have in a corner clear links to all 3 website's. ??

@ John
                    I was confused and a little irritated becouse it is realy hard to find your website http://energenx.com/products.html here on the forum....
                    On everything I click I come on the site from Aaron and Peter, I needed to look around for a post from Tom C before I could click on his website, and after I click in your post on http://johnbedini.net I could endly find the http://energenx.com/ website.....
                    Hope you understand my irritation..... forgive me for that.

And again I am not new here, I follow you in silence for many years, building testing and making.....

Last but not least,
                    I understand why and how you handle with Rick, but I had kick him as hard in his bals so they appear behind his eyes......
                    And until today I dont understand you let him sell these immitation products with are so call from your hand.
                    Again, I do understand, while you probaly dont wanna spend money and precious lifetime on this idiot...

BTW your last product "Linear Amp" is awsome.....

Thanks for everything
                    Last edited by gandyman; 04-22-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Gandy,

hope everything has been cleared up for you, if there is anything else we can help you with please send us an email at sales@teslagenx.com

Tom C

Comment

Gandy,
                        I'm sorry I will try to get all this corrected as soon as I can by putting all the links up.
                        John
                        Gandy, here are some of the links.

http://teslachargers.com/

http://www.teslagenx.com/

http://energenx.com/

http://www.sunlightbioelectric.com/SBE/
                        Last edited by John_Bedini; 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM. Reason: Adding info
                        John Bedini

Comment

@Tom C,
                          Yes all clear up for this old man

@John,
                          Great I will put this links in one folder, and you never gues what the name from the folder is...

I hope this way it is also clear for New Kids On The Block, so they go to the proper website...

And again many thanks for everything you do for us and man kind John.

Comment

John, Will a linear amplifier regulator for SSG's product be released? If so, would this be integrated in to the Solar Trackers as an optional input or be a separate product?

This is really cool.

Comment

Very nicely said, and the other thing JB does is he builds every thing right in his lab..all very original.. simple rare quality in an Individual.
                              Rgds,
                              Faraday88.
                              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Linear Reg for SSG

Jelloir,
                                Sorry been busy here. The linear Regulator Amplifiers have been around for a long time since the early 60's. I at one time had to do them discrete, that way I discovered at the time you could make audio amplifiers, regulators, current sources, band gap Beta multipliers and pure DC amplifiers, reference sources. Later on they put the circuits into 5 Volt chips and all pre-amps used them but the heat was enormous. You could not adjust them if you used them. That made things fixed. To use them for Solar you are kind of screwed, however if one understands the circuits inside the chip you can get around this by making it an Amplifier, DC mode then all the feedback works in your favor with current gain. So what I have built is a filtering system using a band gap Beta multipliers darlington amplifier using a feed back regulator zener controlled. Now the new thing is biased voltage zener's in different current ranges. This module for the SG uses all of this in Linear mode to control a DC amplifier (single ended). The SG machine builds up the capacitor to only 30 volts as it is zener controlled. Chopping off the spikes it then passes through a series pass band gap Beta multiplier amplifier. Then it passes to an DC controlled regulator Amplifier for output power. Feedback controls the voltage and current to the secondary battery, when the battery approaches the top of the curve the green light says the battery is done. The Amplifier section uses emitter followers to add the correct current and low impedance for the battery of which the battery impedance is around .00023 ohms. The heat must be directed away from the devices or they will self destruct quickly. At the conference I will demonstrate a Tesla Solar Tracker 5 class A playing music using that technology for those that attend. Even though I have been asked questions about Rick I will state again I have nothing to do with him, and what he is copying was taken from my company along with other things. What he is making is not what we build here as I immediately changed everything to the Linear technology and I never kept that information around the shop. The notebooks were always kept at home in a safe. I take no responsibility for what he is building as I know he does not know what he is doing with any of it. He is on this group under a false name and I know he is trying to take everything all of you people are working on so be careful with what you think is important, or you may find it for sale. All of you on this group work very hard at what your doing to bad some are like that. I have no fear about what he has done as his day will come. My shop is small and all the people you can trust as I do and if you want help ask and Chuck and I will do the best we can. Your moderators are very dedicated to what they do and very helpful as I read all the time what is going on, even if I don't say anything. I will post a small video of the Linear Amplifier playing music soon. Thank you all for your support and hard work on this group. I will make them for sale soon. I'm trying to keep the price down.
                                John B
                                John Bedini

Comment

Working...
                                X