A few newbie questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konstantin.
    You are using wrong discharge load for your battery(GP 1272 12V 7.2Ah) in your table you have 370 mA , but for 20 Hour discharge you should use 360 mA
    All of charge and discharge cycles should be done in C20 rate, which means 20 hours for charging and 20 hours for discharge .
    Your last charge cycle was 31 hours and discharge only 9 hours.

My advise: try following, adjust your system to 160 mA power draw from primary battery, this info is actually was given by Bedini himself.
    Than charge battery for 20 Hours, if you didn't notice any voltage increase after charging battery, than it's something wrong with your curcuit or with battery which you using for charging.
    PM if you need this information in Russian language.
    Last edited by BEDINSSGUKRAINE; 01-05-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Alexander.
      I use as a load resistance of 33.3 ohms.
      370mA - this is just the average value between 380mA (early discharge, at 12.80 V) and 360mA (at the end of the discharge, at 12.00 V).
      Even if you will be able to use a load of 360mA during the entire discharge, and stop bit about 12.00V, you are not likely to get more than 10 hours. This is a normal passport characteristics of a new battery.
      As far as I understand, the current consumption individually for each device. My device is set at high speed wheel at the lowest current consumption, taking into account the formation the correct pulses. If I change the current consumption, the other terms of the correct settings will be violated.
      If you have a positive result, then please publish your spreadsheet.
      Konstantin.

Comment

• Konstantin,
        I understand your point, but it's very simple procedure (i mean C20 ) , if you use another charging and discharge rate do not expect to get positive results.
        This is actually was my first mistake too, so please do not repeat it.
        In my recent experiments i found that 160 mA of primary load is more than enough to run SSG in optimal performance, remember that charging battery is charged by high impulse's and not by current and it takes sometimes a lot of time to move ion's on battery plates (even if you have a new battery) to charge it to full capacity which means like (14,6 to 15 volts).
        About high speed wheel at the lowest current consumption:
        Watch the Bedini conference DVD, where Bedini clearly speaks exactly about this issue, as i understand this is one of thing's which actually gone wrong in Internet and do not apply for optimal SSG performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDINSSGUKRAINE View Post
          About high speed wheel at the lowest current consumption:
          Watch the Bedini conference DVD, where Bedini clearly speaks exactly about this issue, as i understand this is one of thing's which actually gone wrong in Internet and do not apply for optimal SSG performance.
          This is different from what I've read here before.
          I'm sorry, but I am inclined trust the same messages from John K and Tom C.
          I would like to hear from John K. about this.
          Konstantin.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
            This is different from what I've read here before.
            I'm sorry, but I am inclined trust the same messages from John K and Tom C.
            I would like to hear from John K. about this.
            Konstantin,

What you are doing is fine. 12.0v is 50% discharged so you should be getting about 10 hours with your load.

160mA draw current is arbitrary number to be used as a guideline. Every machine is different. I tune my machines to fastest speed for lowest current draw. I don't even look at the draw current until after I have tuned it.

John K.

Comment

• Thank you John. I reiterate my became confident in my actions.
              Because of the holidays, my schedule is a little outta. The last time the battery being charged 38.5 hours. Voltage reached 16.18 V. Time under load increased to a record 9.6 hours. But as expected, the COP was only 0.98. I hope that I will not get out of the schedule. The remaining ten cycles.
              Konstantin.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
                Hello kingstingtin,can you tell me where you hook up your oscilloscope,i cant see it, to get this waveform,have you hook up the chargebatterie?
                Thanks

Comment

• I connected the oscilloscope as follows: Click image for larger version

Name:	oscd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	45182
                  I hope it's right.
                  Konstantin.

Comment

• Konstantin,

The signal probe is correct but the ground probe needs to go on the negative of the primary battery.

John K.

Comment

• Thank you again, John K. Now I'll know. I hope that this reconnection is not much change the waveform.
                      Konstantin.

Comment

• How all the same hard to be patient. There are still nine cycles. After I saw how has grown battery capacity when charging it lasted until 16.18 V, I really want to do it again. Time difference was only six hours (between charges up to 16.18V and 14.81V). It seems to me that in this case battery capacity will be increased again and again. But in this case, the COP will be less than one. Just me not give rest to the fact that the battery capacity decreases. I can publish a table, if needed.
                        Konstantin.

Comment

• Two questions to any and all:

I hope I am not asking a question(?) that has already been answered.

Need to buy 2 DMM's but what do I buy? Is there a well priced Fluke that will fit this request???

I value my tools and don't buy JUNK.

Also in the future will an Oscilloscope be needed?? and if so how many HZ and what brand decently priced to do the job.

Richard...............

Comment

• I actually buy this one
                            Digital Multimeter - Save on this AC/DC Digital Multimeter

they work fine for me.
                            Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• John K, hello. I found your video Bedini Monopole SSG Timing - YouTube . Please tell me, this setting actual for SSG? My transistor turns off not exactly at the middle between the magnets. And switched later when the magnet goes above the core.
                              Konstantin.

Comment

• Konstantin, makes sure your LED is hooked up the right way. If you are running the machine in repulsion mode the transistor will always switch on when the magnet is top dead centre above the coil.

John K.

Comment

Working...
                                X