No announcement yet.

A few newbie questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentiometer and a resistor soldered in series. I understand the way with washer. And what size washers should be?
    I experimented with a gap and resistance. And I realized that my opinion about the strength of the magnets was a mistake. I realized that I needed a light 9V 0.019A for proper startup device. Because the device must run at resistance of 300 ohms. And if I do then it gradually increases to 800 ohms, the device dials the maximum speed and reduce the consumption of electric current. But if I try to immediately run the device in 800 Ohm resistor, it will not enter the desired mode.

P.S. kingstingtin = Konstantin (wordplay)
    Konstantin.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
      Potentiometer and a resistor soldered in series. I understand the way with washer. And what size washers should be?
      I experimented with a gap and resistance. And I realized that my opinion about the strength of the magnets was a mistake. I realized that I needed a light 9V 0.019A for proper startup device. Because the device must run at resistance of 300 ohms. And if I do then it gradually increases to 800 ohms, the device dials the maximum speed and reduce the consumption of electric current. But if I try to immediately run the device in 800 Ohm resistor, it will not enter the desired mode.

P.S. kingstingtin = Konstantin (wordplay)
      that can happen with these units. just get a washer the same size as the core it is not that specific...

Tom C
      Last edited by Tom C; 10-13-2012, 03:42 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

All right. All clear about the gap. But what of the impedance adjustment on the basis of the transistor?
        Konstantin.

Comment

Kingstingtin, adjust the base resistor for the fastest wheel speed for the lowest current draw.

John K.

Comment

John_Koorn, I understand that my words sound like a stupid, but I can not do that. I recorded another video as it happens. Sorry, that was a very long record. I tried to show the whole process without interruption and much detail. IMAG0117 - YouTube
            In the video, I wanted to show that: When I set the maximum speed wheels and minimal consumption of electric current, after the wheel stops and starts it again ustroysva does not get in the same mode as before.
            What am I doing wrong?
            Konstantin.

Comment

Konstantin, your video is still processing. When you are tuning is your primary battery fully charged? If not, it may cause this to happen. I will look for your video again later on and respond afterwwards.

Константин, ваше видео все еще обрабатывается. Когда вы настраиваетесь является основным при полностью заряженной батарее? Если нет, то это может привести, чтобы это произошло. Я буду искать видео позже и реагировать на потом.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                When you are tuning is your primary battery fully charged?
                I measured the voltage on the primary battery that was in the video. No-load voltage = 12.85V.
                I noticed that the behavior of the device is valid for any of the primary battery charge level.
                And a note to the video: scale ammeter = 1A. He bridged. Ie on the video device uses a 200-350mA.
                Konstantin.

Comment

constantin,

when I look at your circuit it looks like your potentiometer is wired wrong, it looks like legs 1 and 2 are connected together, as a matter of fact it looks like all 3 legs are connected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	44932

Comment

Том C, I understand what you mean. Please watch my latest video. We'll see the connection in 30:08.
                    Konstantin.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
                      Том C, I understand what you mean. Please watch my latest video. We'll see the connection in 30:08.
                      the reason I posted this is because of the problem you are having with your base resistance and not being able to tune. if you cannot adjust your base resistance and see the wheel speed change, there is something wring with how your trigger circuit is wired. as your base resistance goes up your voltage goes down to the point where your transistor will not trigger.

Tom C

Comment

I took a few pictures that you can see better. Potentiometer is not shorted.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070393.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	44933Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070394.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	44934Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070395.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	44935
                        Konstantin.

Comment

until you can adjust your wheel speed with your potentiometer your circuit is not working correctly.

Tom C

Comment

Try to replace your potentiometer mate...
                            Just in case,
                            Cheers
                            Alfin

Comment

With potentiometer is all right, it's new for 1k ohm, 2W. The resistance can be set to an accuracy + -1 ohm. Magnitude values ​​are very stable.
                              Konstantin.

Comment

Really, so no one can say what's wrong? I do not want to give up on the device, only because I can not repeat it. I can not continue to charge / discharge the battery, because I can not configure the device.
                                Konstantin.

Comment

Working...
                                X