A few newbie questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I recorded a video for clarity. SSG - YouTube
    I noticed that the safety lamp NE-2 is overloaded. And replace it with a thyratron (МТХ-90 https://www.google.ru/search?ie=UTF-...D1%82%D1%85-90). I connected it between the cathode and the grid. He does not degrade the performance of the device?
    Konstantin.

Comment

there is a problem with your trigger circuit. double check your coil wire ends and your connections.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Many times I checked the circuit. Here is a video: Circuit check - YouTube
        Konstantin.

Comment

And silence again. Hey! Somebody!
          Konstantin.

Comment

Dude it looks like your triger wires are hooked up backwards. start of triger should go to ground. start of Pri goes to +

If your trying to self ossilate move the Triger wire on - tooo + of primary Bat

But thats just by looking at your video I could be wrong Huey

http://www.google.com/patents/US7990...page&q&f=false
            Last edited by Huey; 09-27-2012, 03:37 AM. Reason: no reason

Comment

Please check out my photos coil, and video check the electrical circuit. And you make sure that everything is plugged in correctly.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070383.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	44809Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	44810
              Konstantin.

Comment

Kingstingtin: Brother just reverse the trigger wires and try it. move the 1 on the POT to ground and the 1 one the ground back to the pot. You did a great job on your circuit . All my SG are hooked up as I described and they work great. If your going for a self ossilating look at fig 3 in patent. first. Huey

Comment

I decided to install the wheel back. And I found a new sweet spot. Current consumption was equal to 100 mA. Current entering the rechargeable battery is 40mA. Resistance at the base of the transistor is equal 1095Om. Rotor speed is 167 rpm. Autogeneration regime has disappeared. I recorded the sound SSG of the AM radio. SSG_sound_2012_10_08.zip Please tell me, this sound correct?
                  Konstantin.

Comment

Hello again. I really want to properly build a device to get the desired result. I got hold of an oscilloscope. And capture the waveform. IMAG0108 - YouTube It seems to me there are spurious pulses. Graduation 10V vertical, horizontal 2msek. Oscilloscope connected in parallel to the power wiring.
                    Konstantin.

Comment

Kingstingtin, a little less base resistance. You can see it is double pulsing. Reduce the base resistance until you see just a single pulse on the scope.

John K.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it. But then turns the wheels go down. Is this normal?
                        Konstantin.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
                          Thanks, I'll try it. But then turns the wheels go down. Is this normal?
                          no-

as base resistance goes down, voltage to the base goes up and your number of pulses per magnet pass goes down. the coil drives the wheel faster which in turn causes the magnet to pass faster, which in turn reduces the number of pulses because the magnet switches the core faster, and does not stay over the core long enough to keep it switched for anotherpulse cycle. multiple pulses means that the core is switched on for a longer period of time, causing oscillations in the trigger circuit.

you may have your potentiometer wired backwards...

Tom C

Comment

Том C, many thanks for the clarification. I could not understand that I have no right. And why get these strange impulses. Last night, I reduced resistance to 520Om. But spurious pulse is not lost. In desperation, I turned off the unit. But not disabled oscilloscope. And I saw a strong EMF (IMAG0112 - YouTube) +-8B. I thought that I had too strong magnets. And increased the gap between the magnets and the core from 1.5 mm to 28 mm. After that, I saw the shape of the desired signal. Consumption current increased to 240mA. Speed ​​is not counted (do this later). I can make a video received waveforms, if necessary. Please could you tell me how to adjust the gap between the magnets and the core?
                            Konstantin.

Comment

So I filmed what I got. Correct impulses. Bedini SSG. - YouTube
                              Konstantin.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstingtin View Post
                                Том C, many thanks for the clarification. I could not understand that I have no right. And why get these strange impulses. Last night, I reduced resistance to 520Om. But spurious pulse is not lost. In desperation, I turned off the unit. But not disabled oscilloscope. And I saw a strong EMF (IMAG0112 - YouTube) +-8B. I thought that I had too strong magnets. And increased the gap between the magnets and the core from 1.5 mm to 28 mm. After that, I saw the shape of the desired signal. Consumption current increased to 240mA. Speed ​​is not counted (do this later). I can make a video received waveforms, if necessary. Please could you tell me how to adjust the gap between the magnets and the core?
                                king,
                                it looks like from the photo above with the micrometer you have the resistor across both legs of the potentiometer, is this correct?
                                you adjust the magnet width by holding a screwdriver over the magnet, then slowly lowering it to the magnet face. when you feel it begin to interact, that is about where your gap should be. another way is to touch the core of the coil with a magnet, and place a steel washer on the other side, move the magnet away until the washer drops off. just before it drops, that is a good place to try ,
                                Tom C

царь,

она выглядит на фотографии выше, с микрометром у вас есть резистор на обе ноги потенциометра, это правильно?

Вы регулируете ширину магнита, удерживая отверткой над магнитом, затем медленно опуская ее в магнит лицо. когда вы чувствуете, что начинаете взаимодействовать, то есть о том, где зазор должен быть. Другим способом является трогать ядро катушки с магнитом, и поместить стальной шайбой с другой стороны, переместите магнит подальше, пока шайба падает. как раз перед его падает, что является хорошим местом, чтобы попробовать,

Tom C
                                Last edited by Tom C; 10-11-2012, 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X