Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bedini DVD #25 Wind generator

Hello All,
    I have some very basic design questions about the wind generator that was discussed in John Bedini's DVD 25.

1. On the trigger rotor, what is the minimum distance between the magnets?

2. For designs with multiple trigger rotors, what is the minimum distance between the rotors?

3. What is the maximum distance between the trigger coil(s) and the power coil(s)?

4. Who is a good source for LOW friction thrust and radial bearings?

5. Who is a good source for LITZ wire?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill,
    On DVD 25 about the wind generator. The Trigger pickup is the only thing the propeller is driving. That wheel can contain as many magnets as you chose to use. The power coils are the same as what is used on the SG motor and can be multiple strands all twisted together. The trigger is independent and does not take much to turn, use Ferrite magnets# 8. If I remember I just showed the basic setup to do it.

Originally posted by Bill Sherwood View Post
    Hello All,
    I have some very basic design questions about the wind generator that was discussed in John Bedini's DVD 25.

1. On the trigger rotor, what is the minimum distance between the magnets?

2. For designs with multiple trigger rotors, what is the minimum distance between the rotors?

3. What is the maximum distance between the trigger coil(s) and the power coil(s)?

4. Who is a good source for LOW friction thrust and radial bearings?

5. Who is a good source for LITZ wire?

Thanks,
    Bill
    John Bedini
    My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Hello John,
      Thank you for your answers. On a separate question, as the power coil for the wind generator does not have any height restrictions, would a tall small diameter be better than the typical short and larger diameter? My theory is that the taller coil would allow more time to capture more energy from the vacuum.
      Thanks Again,
      Bill

Comment

wind energizer

Sorry Bill for not getting back right away,
        The coil can be any size you want to make. the hookup is the same as the SG energizer.
        In my testing I moved the coil into a box with a Lead acid cell. I did not worry about the battery as I had a small 1 amp solar panel to charge it when no wind was available. I experimented for months with this and it worked for what I was doing. The wheel with the magnets was about 3" in diameter and had 6 magnets on it. I use a Relay coil for the trigger coil. The propeller was from a old fan about 12 inches. I just made a simple old time wind mill. This is really simple to do. The wire size was #18 wire 200 feet.
        John Bedini
        My homepage: http://johnbedini.net

Comment

Hello John,
          Thank you for the additional information and please do not worry about the lack of an immediate reply. I learn more each time I view your DVD #25. I am in the process of designing a machine with 5 rotors of 5.5 inch diameter with 30 1/2 inch diameter C8 magnets on each rotor. I'll post pictures of my design when I have the assembly and other components designed and modeled.
          Thanks again,
          Bill

Comment

Working...
          X