4 foot Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Why-me
    Can you run the eight circuit Bedini on 24 volts and why? Will your charge batteries need to be 24 volts? How fast will the wheel spin? Will it be able to produce more torque?

Does the value of the components need to be addressed, 1/4 watt changed to 1/2 watt, larger diodes...etcetera.

Or not?
    I would not attempt to run your setup at 24v until you've done extensive testing at 12v and have a thorough understanding of how the machine works. There's a pretty good chance you'll damage something if you're not sure what you're doing.

John K.

Comment

How do you connect one circuit to another for self excitement and self powering? It seems there should be a way to do this so all that is needed is an initial spin up and let the circuits provide the entire power supply. Any thoughts about a 1 to 1 isolation transformer between the positive and negative feeds at the connection of the next circuit and eventually back around to the beginning for continuous spin.
      No, you can't do this. That's like saying you're going to hook up the exhaust pipe of your car engine to the gas tank. The energies are different.

John K.

Comment

After many years of trying, I'm making good progress in a self running system. Not there quite yet. I use 2 wheels. One is small, 3 magnets with fine wire coils, high impedance, very fast with high output of voltage, low amps. The other is large, only 8 magnets but large and vey strong. It's well balanced and good bearings. I had trouble in the past trying to get a wheel with large magnets to spin fast enough to become an effective generator. I solved it by using larger wire, 14 gauge, The coil is wound on a stepped conical form. I run the wire back and forth on the steps so it still looks like a regular coil when done. The narrow end step has 30 gauge for the trigger coil. The 14 gauge doesn't need a lot of voltage, 3v is plenty, it just needs amps. So this is perfect for a cap dump into it. It does work and it doesn't get hot. My hope is that the large and small wheels can feed each other. I don't think it's impossible but it sure aint easy.

Comment

I just wanted to mention that the conical shape is already a proven method of focusing impulse energy, just google shaped charges. Who knows, it's principles could inspire someone to design a even better coil.

Comment

Have you calculated your COP? If you are not at 1.0 or close to there is no point in using any mechanical energy...unless you just like using an inefficient machine.

24 volts. Done. Works well. Charges batteries like mad. From 3.12 volts to 32 volts in 45 minutes or less. Read more on Energetic forum. The wheel spins very fast. Next, loading the shaft with generators and drive chain.

Comment

From 3.12 volts to 32 volts in 45 minutes or less....???

is that 23.12 V ....?

what is your standing Voltage after the charging battery sets for 30 min...?

how long does it take to pull the batteries down to 24.0 at the C20 rate after they set for 30 min....

prob need several parallel banks of batteries at 24V so it takes a charge better over a longer time with this size SSG

cop.... = measure your voltage and current from primary battery input to SSG over time = Input Jules

measure the voltage and current over time during a secondary battery discharge = Output Jules

Input Jules / Output Jules = COP

Comment

3.12 volts. What is it about people who have to ask if the voltage they are reading is what is written? COP is what you expect from a 4 foot wheel with parallel coils for each circuit. 4 circuits, 8 coils, 24 magnets 6x4x1 inches. I am planning on more coils and circuits.
                Do you want to replicate my wheel? Have fun.
                Well, for me if I hear a battery going from 3.12v to 32v in 45 minutes the battery is stuffed, is probably sulfated and probably won't hold a charge.

Care to answer RS_'s other questions or are you just gonna be a smart alec?

Comment

Let's start with something simple. How much current is your machine pulling from your 24v primary bank? Do you know how to measure this with an analog meter?

3.12 volts. What is it about people who have to ask if the voltage they are reading is what is written? COP is what you expect from a 4 foot wheel with parallel coils for each circuit. 4 circuits, 8 coils, 24 magnets 6x4x1 inches. I am planning on more coils and circuits.
                  Do you want to replicate my wheel? Have fun.

Comment

LOL, Thanks JK.....

"Do you want to replicate my wheel? Have fun."
                    Been there, done that....LOL.... Just in a bit different size.......
                    How about you replicate a 48 Wire Strands / 48 Transistors SSG circuit...........LOL

3.12V on a 24V bank is rubbish... the batteries are so sulfphnated they are about trashed.... and if they are recoverable, it will take many many charge / discharge cycles to bring them back to a usable state....

why don't you start with new or good batteries, so that you can really tell what is going on with your wheel.......

you will have better results...........
                    Last edited by RS_; 11-05-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

No one here doubts your intelligence. I believe everyone doubts your maturity at this point. Good luck with your build.

What is a meter? What is a sulphated battery ? Gee, I wish I paid attention to my instructors when I studied electronics in the Navy. Maybe the above 90 average test scores meant I was 90% incompetent and should just post my results on a forum. Yeah, 90% of the information will be. I will post just enough here to let you feel superior with yourselves. Energetic forum will be where I will share from now on.

Comment

OK, so you are smarter than you let on, by the questions you ask, than you should know what we are telling you about the batteries being suphnated already, and how that is a crappy way of testing your wheel....
                        And how to measure the Primary battery charging V x C = W x sec = Jin........ Secondary batteries discharge V x C = W x sec = Jout............. Jin / Jout = COP..... Once you can measure this effectively, than you can see if your wheel is doing what you want it to, or not.....

and by the way, i have built more Bedini tech than almost anybody else out there, and for longer than almost anybody else out there, so don't give me **** about it, when i try to help you......
                        Last edited by RS_; 11-05-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

What is a meter? What is a sulphated battery ? Gee, I wish I paid attention to my instructors when I studied electronics in the Navy. Maybe the above 90 average test scores meant I was 90% incompetent and should just post my results on a forum. Yeah, 90% of the information will be. I will post just enough here to let you feel superior with yourselves. Energetic forum will be where I will share from now on.
                          With that attitude I hope your not in my country's Navy. "Target engaged. Fire! Whoops that was a civilian cruise liner. Should've listened to my CO..."

I'm sorry you blew your opportunity for the many experienced builders on this forum to help you.

Have a great life

John K.

Comment

4 FOOT BEDINI SSG SOUNDS: http://youtu.be/2H0hh8cTQK0

What TeslaGenX 8 transistor circuits sound like using a WR-3.
                            Hi Why-me,

A classic case of the Murrphy's Law I must say.. people scale up and do not realize what could that scale me meant for... You could as well use that big a set up for a Newman Machine or the Watson build... but never the less you may extract torque from a slow speed SSG in some configuration..i'm sure..
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.
                            'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Have you measured/compared the efficiency of your setup to just your stock house AC? What are those figures and how have you arrived at the conclusion that more coils will make your machine run itself?

Hello Faraday88, I have respect for people and especially if they build similar things like the 4 foot wheel.

If you want to send me money to build those other devices, then private message me.

I have no clue to what you have built or any posts with your build photos.

I appreciate your words.

Comment

Working...
                              X