Bedini sg bicycle wheel kit wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini sg bicycle wheel kit wanted

Since JB is not producing SG bicycle kits right now, I'm wondering if anyone out there has an extra one to sell. If it's in good condition, I'm willing to pay $1000 for it. I can't get an answer as to when or even if they are going to be building any more, so this is my only option. I'm an excellent woodworker, but I become very clumsy when it comes to electronics...so I won't attempt to build my own!

J,

if you are good with basic woodworking tools, we can sell you the coil and rod and a circuit board kit and magnets. all you will need is the wood frame and a bike wheel you can get off amazon for less than 20 dollars. www.telsagenx.com you will be out waaaay less than 1000.00 dollars around 375....

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks but what size wheel, will a 20" front wheel work or do I need a 24" or 26"? How fancy do I need to go on the replacement bearings for the shaft, ceramics???

Comment

the easiest way is to just use the bearings in the rim to begin with. clean them out and then lube with Tri flow or other teflon based thin lube. you should just hear the balls begin to click. then just drill a hole in your uprights to mount it. no need for a fan right away. get your circuit working and charging. any size rim will work. the magnet spacing 3 to 5 widths apart is important. you will get less magnets on a smaller wheel. so get the biggest wheel you can afford, I have done it with a 12 inch, 18 inch, 20 inch, and 26 inch. done it with a nylon skyway wheel a steel rim and an aluminum rim.

you can then spend time modding your rim later. you should get good charging with your basic setup first.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          the easiest way is to just use the bearings in the rim to begin with. clean them out and then lube with Tri flow or other teflon based thin lube. you should just hear the balls begin to click. then just drill a hole in your uprights to mount it. no need for a fan right away. get your circuit working and charging. any size rim will work. the magnet spacing 3 to 5 widths apart is important. you will get less magnets on a smaller wheel. so get the biggest wheel you can afford, I have done it with a 12 inch, 18 inch, 20 inch, and 26 inch. done it with a nylon skyway wheel a steel rim and an aluminum rim.

you can then spend time modding your rim later. you should get good charging with your basic setup first.

Tom C
          Thanks, I can get a 27" on amazon for cheap, will go that route and tape the magnets down with the extra strong packing tape and get the coils and circuit board from the website. Thanks

Comment

you need to glue them to the rim with superglue or use VHB double backed tape to hold them on. then wrap in packing tape to prevent flyoff

Tom C

Comment

Working...
            X