Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit on P.48 of FEG book.

John et al,

I finally found a link to post a new thread (I think), so here goes.

On page 48 of the "Free Energy Generation" book, the circuit uses 20v at 200mA taken from earth batteries, so I tried 24v from 12v batteries in series. I used a store bought PWM unit to trigger it (direct, w/o the Darlington arrangement) instead of the 555 setup. I didn't use an opto-coupler either, which is taking a chance.

I used 3 "garden" batteries (12v, 16Ah), two in series as the Primary (24v) and one to charge. The cap was .001uF and I switched with a MJ13007G transistor.

At first it drew 600mA and sent the charge battery through the roof and I could hear boiling in it. I placed a 220 ohm resistor on the input and the draw dropped to 85mA and the battery charge about .o1v per 5 minutes. I put a 100 ohm resistor in parallel with the 220 and the draw went to 190mA. My target was the 200mA, so this is where I left it.

With the initial 220 ohm resistor in place, the charge battery rose quickly from resting at 11.98v to 12.38v. When I added the 100 ohm resistor it went to 12.59v and soon climbed to 12.62v. Then it started down slowly to 12.58 at the moment. All this took place in about 45 minutes. The resistors are warm, the transistor is 1 degree over ambient, and the charge battery shows no sign of boiling (though at 600mA it put out steady streams of tiny, tiny bubbles in all cells and the transistor rose to about 20 degrees above ambient). In order to compare bubbles, I had momentarily run a straight 24v across the charge battery and it boiled copious amounts big 1/4" bubbles instantly. It looks like the 600mA draw may charge w/o serious boil, but it was a very rich rate of charge. Will that hurt the battery?

At 190mA draw the Primaries are dropping very slowly. I assume the charge battery is charging up then showing signs of being de-sulphated when dropping some. Is this a good assumption? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

A few things to add. I have runs a number of tests with this set up and found that I got about 4 times the charge in as I used from the Primary bank. Granted, I am just measuring the voltage rise on the charge bank and the voltage drop on the Primary, so this is not the most scientific experiment, but still it shows some real promise. I have two 12v batteries on the Primary side which I measure separately and add together for the drop ( Bat A drops .03v and Bat B drops .03v = .06v drop on Primary). The one charge battery is simply measured (say, a .24v rise). Final measurements are taken at least an hour after charging is discontinued.

I have also raised the input to 360mA in order to take the charging to a higher level.

Bob

Comment

Working...
    X