Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSG Circuit Cube

Hi all,

I started thinking about circuit boards for my on going rebuild of my 8-coiler. I used R-Charge boards on the original build,
    but the weakness with this type of board is the thickness of the copper strips, especially when a transistor has to be
    replaced. It has been mentioned that JB likes to keep connections short and components soldered directly to each other.
    So I came up with the idea of mounting the transistors on the sides of a cube with all the connections soldered to 3 copper
    0.5mm thick copper disks.
    I have tested the cube for a few months and it has not caused any problems. The replacement of a transistor can be completed
    in 5 minutes. As you can see from the photos all connections are very close and the cube is smaller than a corresponding pcb.
    The original copper rings were made from copper water pipe and machined to size, I have ordered some 0.5mm copper sheets
    for the other 7 cubes.

Regards

Peter
    Attached Files

Interesting idea, I like it.

Comment

very cool
      h

Comment

Nice idea, thanks for sharing, Aln

Comment

I like the way you think...

Comment

That is one sweet setup.

Comment

Does your cube circuit outperforms the R-Charge board in terms of COP?

Just curious if making the circuit short as possible and larger size of the copper can make a difference.

Thanks for sharing,

Jon

Comment

Working...
              X