The SG Radiant Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Bromikey,
    Looks like now you have the bells ringing,,uhh??? (when it comes from the horses mouth afterall!) well any way..back to the work!... Yes, even if it gets Hot ...it will not burns up your diodes (in that MOD ), it is actually stabilizing to equilibrium to Match both the Battries Impedance.and yes its that bias Trigger current that is very peculiar in its properties..
    The real stuff to see the OVERUNITY using the battries is no where near the Horizon in this Forum (@ Tom C : Do'nt think i will reveal it but will suerly share my data on the figures of COP that i get and battery the back up duration from the system, I'm known to be amoung the first one to respect the JB patents as always..! and People are getting tunned to my speak Its My first Success afterall!).
    No not yet i am a bit poor on the machining side but 1'm keen to do it ..will update as i progress..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Mikey, if your pack of 4 diodes is getting hot what does that tell you? Check the data sheet for the 6A10 and what it can handle and why they would be getting hot. Take note of the de-rating chart, that will tell you why charging goes down.

When you say you are only pulling 2A, remember that is the average amp draw on an analog meter. The peak amp draw when the transistor fires is many times higher. Check it out with a current clamp if you want the real picture.

Why do you think JB states you must be at the C20 rate on the primary?

What does JB say on the DVD about generator mode and what it is doing? Have a good look at the schematic and what each of the devices are doing at each point in the cycle.

John K.

Comment

• Hi Bromikey,
        Thanks to you too for acknowledging that littel credit..! ok.. can you please let me know the part Number of that Diode.. it's sounds like it is a standard recovery or and the Voltage rating is'nt meeting your need.
        The Mode that can Pop a battery (Explode it!!!) is a Capacitor Dump Mode..but this will happen if the Battery is in bad shape..(not physical appearance) but Internal Plate flaw and Electroltye level to Gas accumalation level ect.
        Its ok you can send them at leisure...thanks for that.! Yes I every well agree with what you said on what you are really good at the no of post you have say it all.. good man, you'r are indeed gifted to be able to do this..!(I lack this i admit).
        bye for now,
        more later,
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

• Hi Tom C,

The C20 dischsrge rate is valid both for the Primary and Secondary discharge rates That is when you load Test the secondary Batteries...!
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          Last edited by Faraday88; 07-11-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Hi Bromikey,
            Sorry... i checked the datasheet too! it looks like they are very well suited for the application you have put them on.
            just check the health of your charge Battery...if the cells are gone bad division of Voltage (has to be 6 cells if a 12v is used) will be unequal they are bound to fry your diodes for sure..!(your Source battery will do the cooking.)
            There is another situation where unequal sharing of Currents (as you are using stack of 4 diodes) will flood along a weak path in one of the Diode realtive to the rest..this can ruin the diode as well.
            Measure their reverse leakage current...should be nearly equal for all if they stay healthy..
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

• any time you put 2 or more diodes in parallel, they should be matched very close, or the weak one is the only one working... same with the other transistors diodes in a muilty strand unit......

Comment

• thanks a lot mikey can we discuss base resistance a bit..... where do you find the sweet spots are on the 5k pot , ive noticed anythin less than around 500 ohms it starts too add a lot more amps with little charging difference, whats up with the 20k pot and how does that help you tune.... ive heard people talk about 470 -680 ohm base resistors on regular bedini ss ssg's , have you tried anything like that or do you feel lower base resistance for cpd mod is better ... I have a bigger 18 awg coil that I havent put together yet currently with 470 ohm base resiators and im wondering if I should be thinking about lowering them.... thanks again

Comment

• Hi BroMikey! Do you have any scope shots to show? On the collector emitter, on the battery terminals and maybe also the base emitter connections?
                  I have a "Blackchisel97" type beast with 6 transistors, just not with the CPD mod yet. Will show pictures and scope shots soon.
                  Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by BroMikey
                  Okay someone has asked about my updated schematic for the above solid state Bedini style oscillator. I am using the resistors in the base this way to turn down the charging power.

The spike is out of this world off the charts. It charges batteries great all sizes asap.

IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SPIN A MECHANICAL WHEEL FOR A TRIGGER BE MY GUESS.

Both solid state and mechanical wheel triggered SG oscillators do the very same thing.

One in and one out. It is great battery tech.

What I was hoping was that I could apply these circuits to run an oscillator for years on the same battery like everyone else.

Obviously we are missing something.

No matter here is the progress
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2611[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Mike,

what is the efficiency of the charger? are you seeing more out than in in terms of charging capability?

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Mike,

1 in 1 out is excellent. even the most efficient comercial chargers can not get 1 to 1. heat loss alone prevents this..... my latest set up is a complete bike wheel kit. trying to get cost down so having to finagle some things and trying to make it work in such a way that all the mods can be done, and mechanical energy can be harvested blah blah blah. you know just trying to get something out there people can use.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Guys! Here are the pictures of my SS SSG. It's a 6 transistors build and charges a 12V 70Ah starter battery in about 24 hours at 3.5A input current. If needed the battery can be pushed to 16V in about 30 hours. I guess the charging efficiency is between 80% and 100%, but I run my circuit from a 220V/12V transformer and bridge rectifier so that efficiency would be with the transformer and bridge excluded.

My specs:

-6 x MJL21194G
                        -coil 7 x 18 AWG 100 feet
                        -6 x base resistor 220 ohm 5% 3W
                        -output diodes 6 x P1000M (10A 1000V)
                        -6 x transient voltage suppressor diode 1V5KE130CA (instead of neons)
                        -5 x emitter - base diodes (this data was corrected because I forgot the diodes were in the circuit and did not see them)
                        -resistors 18k and 10k
                        -RX - rheostat 25W 500 ohm

@BroMikey
                        Could you please post how long it takes to charge your battery to 14.5V and what type of battery and Ah rating is it?
                        THX in advance!

Comments and advices on how to improve my setup are very wellcome!

Here are the pictures and scope shots as promised!

Schematic from "Blackchisel97" - THX a lot!

My SS SSG "Blackchisel97" Style

My SS SSG "Blackchisel97" Style 2

Charge battery: 70Ah 12V starter battery

Scope shot from base - emitter

Scope shot from collector - emitter (90.4V spike while charging 70AH 12V battery)

Scope shot from battery terminals (61.5V spike)

Almost forgot -found this charging chart I did then
                        Last edited by kapierenundkopieren; 10-01-2013, 03:24 PM. Reason: data corrected

Comment

• OK, I did a little research and if I'm not mistaken, "Min2oly" (Patrick) Is the inventor of the CPD mod (capacitor diode modification) and this is his schematic:

...so he does it a little different than you (BroMikey), he puts the diode before final base resistors...

Today I tried this mod, but for some reason the frequency stays the same as before, even if I cut the 18K ohm and 10K ohm resistors loose and it doesn't do the pop...pop...pop sound like in this patrick's video:
                          Bedini SS SSG with CPD MOD - YouTube

So I guess my base resistors (200 ohm) are too high, will try to change them.

@BroMikey
                          Do your base resistors (47 ohm) get hot while charging?
                          What kind of sound does your charger make (the pop...pop...pop, or something else) ?

THX in advance for your help and answers!

Comment

• I think you need to get a megaohm pot if you want really slow popping, mine whines in the 5k pot range like a normal ss ssg , check charging differences and scope shots and let us know what you see

Comment

• HI! I don't think that in my case a megaohm pot would make the popping sound, because the frequency of pulses still increases with resistance, and the collector emitter waveform looks the same as before, like the 18k and 10k resistors were still in place, but they are not. So now i'm a bit lost, maybe it is self oscillating or something.
                              So the question is: would lower base resistors make the thing work properly or not?
                              Any help is wellcome!

Patrick (min2oly), if you are reading this could you please share your thoughts on this?

THX in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by kapierenundkopieren View Post

Patrick (min2oly), if you are reading this could you please share your thoughts on this?

THX in advance!
                                Hi kapieren und kopieren (?) did I separate it right? SAVVY & COPY
                                check your PM :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X