Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroMikey
    @Teodor
    Yes go ahead and ask your questions. Here is a re-post of some pictures I took awhile back.
    Thank you for the pictures, I plan to make a bigger coil, so I am interested to see how did you manage to make your coil. I like that you did show measurement of the coil, that would certainly help me.
    I want to test, also, a cap dump, sometimes soon, so now In my spare time I study this charging mode. It seems like there are many types. I'm not sure with what to begin.
    What is your advice on choosing first cap dump?
    Best regards,
    Teodor

Comment

Sure Alfin

Here they are in CAPACITOR DISCHARGING UNITS http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...or+discharging

You are going to be one happy experimenter.

Mikey
      Thx for you generousity Mikey..ill post my beast after finish build this one...

TIA
      Alfin

Comment

Hi Teodor
        The size cap dump is about the size energizer you have. Do you have only a broken energizer?
        Change one wire and charge batteries without a wheel full of magnets. After you repair the wheel you then can change back the wire to run on the wheel and compare results but for now use your coil to charge batteries, all by itself, no wheel.
        That is how my energizer works. I gave you the wiring diagram, do it like that in a few minutes.
        Mikey
        I'm working right now with a solid state device, I don't have any operational SG. Not anymore. Pictures from album are history, my first attempts to understand radiant charging. I still want, however, to make sometimes a bigger wheel, to test other interesting effects.
        I was talking about cap dump, what are you using now? Neon, SCR, or FET version? Can you share your version, please ? I would like to try a cap dump version on a 40 amp/hour batt, for the beginning.
        This cap dump charging it's completely new for me, and I want to study it, I like the fact that I can swap batteries from input to output and so on.
        My goal it's to achieve a charging mode from one batt to other two - one used for load and the other to recharge the input, and so on.
        Is it possible?
        Best regards,
        Teodor

Comment

• Hi All,

I tried in vain to locate BroMikey's posts in this thread. Seems that they have gone missing. Anyone knows how did that happen?

Sincerely,

Teej_Seeker

Comment

• Originally posted by min2oly View Post
            This is how I've been doing it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599[/ATTACH]

Patrick A.
            Patrick, do you know what happened to this attachment?
            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Hi to all, I am running a small 555 triggered solid state SSG,

I have a couple of questions to anyone that can answer them.

I am running it with a 555 so I can be able to swap batteries since I have no cap dump for this (low voltage), primary is 3,2v lifepo 700mA and secondary is another 3,2v lifepo4 700mA. The other reason that I am running it with a 555 is because I suspect that there is a loss in the trigger winding isn’t? that is why everyone say that the SSG is a learning tool?

so this are my doubts: with the 555 circuit I can adjust the ON TIME and the OFF time, with the scope I can clearly see how the coil saturates, when the transistor close the switch the scope goes to 0 but at some point it seems to reach saturation and goes up, so obviously I have to set the ON TIME just to let the coil saturate of maybe cut it off before, since I just want the radiant which happens before the current, so why would I want to saturate the coil isn't?

the other doubt is about the off time, I can set the off time to last just enough for the coil to discharge, or I can give it a little more off time, the thing is that after the coil discharges there is a ringing happening in the coil, so if my OFF TIME is longer than the ON TIME I can see the ringing, if my OFF TIME is the same duration as the ON TIME there is no ringing.

I have seen that in normal SS SSG with trigger wire the duty is 50% aprox so there is no ringing in the scope.

What is the way to go? is beneficial to have this ringing? or it doesn't matter? and what about the ON TIME? do I let the coil saturate? or I open the switch before the coil saturates?

By the way just a comment, I tried the 1 wire thing, with 2 diodes at the end, and it does work! This energy does go through just 1 wire! Amazing!

thank you, best,

Alvaro

Comment

• green power monitor, live data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnMj6LSP6kk

Comment

• hello
                  I have a 415V dc input UPS 63Amp output (Eaton) for the house and 4x 96v battery banks charging from solar and 3x 8 transistor 24v radiant oscillators because the 9x solar panels are ex-insurance claim panels and where 24v, the radiant oscillators dont like the open circuit solar panel voltage, i was wondering if there is a circuit mod i can do so i can either charge the whole 415v dc bank up with the oscillators or as i have it now in 4 separated banks of 96v to at least charge as 4x i dont want to have 32x circuits off the wall to change it all from 12 - 24v to 415v, and i curious can a fisher and paykel motor be ran as a radiant oscillator because i have a few of them as well, i rewired it as 7 phase mixed 24v and ran it run to 1500rpm with a 110v motor from the solar which gave 415v but it didnt quite like the whole 415v bank because its current and the whole bank is always been charge with radiant, the ex- claimed gel cells are slowly getting changed over to t-105 trojan batteries which ive tested and gotten more out of them then the specs sheet and they are 4x better then the gels i current have more of. it takes about a fortnight to charge 1x bank with my current level of devices so a long time between blackouts luckily but id like to be ready to longer blackouts

Comment

• Hi pj and welcome.

That's a lot of questions! I've never attempted to charge a bank higher than 24v, but theoretically it's possible.

As for your "mod", I always run a large capacitor in between the solar panels and the SG circuit. The voltage rating of the capacitor should be around double the load voltage of the solar panel output and at least 10,000 microfarad.

For example, I'm running a "24v" 200W solar panel and using a 100V 10,000 microfarad capacitor.

Hope this helps...

John K.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlvaroHN View Post
                      Hi to all, I am running a small 555 triggered solid state SSG,

I have a couple of questions to anyone that can answer them.

I am running it with a 555 so I can be able to swap batteries since I have no cap dump for this (low voltage), primary is 3,2v lifepo 700mA and secondary is another 3,2v lifepo4 700mA. The other reason that I am running it with a 555 is because I suspect that there is a loss in the trigger winding isn’t? that is why everyone say that the SSG is a learning tool?

so this are my doubts: with the 555 circuit I can adjust the ON TIME and the OFF time, with the scope I can clearly see how the coil saturates, when the transistor close the switch the scope goes to 0 but at some point it seems to reach saturation and goes up, so obviously I have to set the ON TIME just to let the coil saturate of maybe cut it off before, since I just want the radiant which happens before the current, so why would I want to saturate the coil isn't?

the other doubt is about the off time, I can set the off time to last just enough for the coil to discharge, or I can give it a little more off time, the thing is that after the coil discharges there is a ringing happening in the coil, so if my OFF TIME is longer than the ON TIME I can see the ringing, if my OFF TIME is the same duration as the ON TIME there is no ringing.

I have seen that in normal SS SSG with trigger wire the duty is 50% aprox so there is no ringing in the scope.

What is the way to go? is beneficial to have this ringing? or it doesn't matter? and what about the ON TIME? do I let the coil saturate? or I open the switch before the coil saturates?

By the way just a comment, I tried the 1 wire thing, with 2 diodes at the end, and it does work! This energy does go through just 1 wire! Amazing!

thank you, best,

Alvaro
                      Hi Alvaro,

Before you play around with the Duty Cycle (ON TIME / OFF TIME) with the Rotary Machine, just put some thinking on how it does the triggering and what has duty cycle to do in this way of Switching.. having 555 timer does not help..
                      Rgds,
                      Faraday88.
                      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Hi Alvaro,
                        driving the coil into saturation is not efficient. The loss is much more than the original triggercoil version. I suggest to study the basics about DC/DC-boost converters - you will find a lot of answers to your questions.
                        have fun !
                        hobbyrobotik

Comment

• my 6x transistor radiant oscillator, ive built 4x for my shed battery backup system to run off solarClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6495.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	888.7 KB
ID:	48838

Comment

• picture i sent up just last post is now old the new twisted coil i bought from teslagenx.com is awesome slightly larger spike and i changed the diodes to 2x sb5100 each transistor to allow up to 200v battery banks and it also gives a better spike recovery compared to the crap in5408's so good im ordering heaps of the sb5100's now.

with lasersaber's ultra cap graphene type can they be charged up using the solidstate charger or do they need to have the linear regulator amp on the back to pure dc filter instead of spike charge? can the ultra caps by used on the tesla switch, and has anyone used 5x tesla switches, one in the middle and the output from the 4x others used as inputs for the middle tesla switch to then run a load? and/or have ultra caps on the outputs of the 4x before going the middle 5th one, sadly my tesla switch runs down and i have to move the batteries around all the time to make it to keep running it seem stronger one side vs the other side when it switches?

Comment

• has anyone tried active rectification "op-amp" as diodes for earth batteries or any of the bedini devices?

Comment

• Originally posted by pjreed01! View Post
                                has anyone tried active rectification "op-amp" as diodes for earth batteries or any of the bedini devices?
                                Hi Pjreed,
                                Curious to know what that does.....?????
                                Rgds,
                                Faraday88.
                                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
                                X