Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bedini SG problem - Neon bulb lights once and nothing happens later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok just to confirm so I know I understand.

The bundle coming out of the center of my coil is considered bottom, and should be connected to the holes labeled Bottom on my 4 Tek board, correct?

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    the correct coil orientation for north out magnets is that the start of coil is at the bottom...... the bundles wires coming out of the center.

Tom C

Comment

Switching to my own thread as I have kind of hijacked this guy's thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wing View Post
        Even though your transistor seems to be working fine, it can still be damaged and give an indication that it is ok when it is not. I have seen damaged transistors appear to switch fine but do not charge the secondary battery very well... Don't be afraid to put a new transistor in there.

The best practice is to keep many new ones on hand for experiment and situations like this. Find a Potentiometer this will aid in adjusting and tuning the machine to get it to run properly, I recommend purchasing two potentiometers one from 0-100ohm and one 0-1000 ohm, minimum 2-3 watts. Run both in series on the trigger this will give you a good feel for what base resistance does to the operation of the machine and offer you flexibility, with the best of both worlds when it comes to tuning... a fairly fine and also course adjustment.
        Thanks Dave,
        As I change the resistor 470 ohm to both of them in parallel mode (235 ohm now), the movement is maintained and its works. The wheel runs at about 120 rpm.
        I built my system according to the "Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's handbook". The bicycle wheel is 26" with 18 magnets. Attraction mode. The coil has been wound as you made it in your video with Peter Lindeman (clockwise). Magnets with north outside the wheel.
        Exemples of measures during operation:
        - Power: 11.88V - 3.45A
        - Charge: 36.9V - 0.75A (3 batteries in serial mode)
        Do you think these values are correct as there is more power in the input circuit than in the output circuit ?
        The power battery will be exhausted quickly!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AndBirch-AllBediniSG.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	45897Click image for larger version

Name:	AndBirch-AllModules.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	45898Click image for larger version

Name:	AndBirch-ElementaryModule-1.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	45899Click image for larger version

Name:	AndBirch-ElementaryModule-2.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	45900

Many thanks again, AndBirch.

Comment

are those neo's? Your supposed to be using ceramics, and remember if coil is wound clockwise the connections will have to be different from schematics to still be in attraction, but i assume you know that... radiant doesnt read in amperage so no need for amp meter on the charge side really, you probably shouldn't draw much more then an amp from primary in theory on your system (if tuned correctly) i would think. How many stand and what wire size? also try to keep primary batter above 12.2-12.4 under load.

Comment

Working...
          X