Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Branch's Crystal Battery

if you had one that put out 2 amps that would be amazing..... looking forward to your experiments.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Haha I am just going off of what John said in his crystal battery DVD. He said when u build them bigger, you get into amps instead of milliamperes. Especially when you combine multiple slices of a magnesium rod onto a plate so you get more surface area in contact with the electrolyte.

It sounds like you may be having a different experience with them. What is the biggest design you have attempted?

1 1/2 inch copper pipe, 6 inches tall. 1 inch magnesium rod, alum only. I used rubber erasers off of pencils to center it in the pipe, then used a 2 part epoxy to seal the bottom. 300 milliamps, ran for a very long time.with the height like that, it seemed like the bottom of the cell dried out, and subsequent watering did not get all the wy to the bottom. needs some kind of "wick" . I have 10 feet of pipe going to make ssmaller ones someday.

Tom C

I made several variations of pipe's rather than bowls and it seems to me that the bowl is important so that the crystals can breath. I mean yea my best cells are made from pipe but only a few inches in depth. It is not the shape of the pipe that I mean which makes a difference but the exposed surface area to air. I think that is why Mr. Bedini uses a bowl shape. Of course I could be way off on that but from my own observations the ones that have a bit of breathing room work best.

Branch you asked if anyone had tried plate designs, alfinip2000 did some and posted about them. He had trouble with his but the trouble didn't necessarily come from the shape he chose, could have been method or whatever.
    Last edited by BobZilla; 12-12-2013 at 05:41 AM.

I just watched the crystal battery lecture DVD and John states that he tried the plate design and it didn't work as well. I think because the tubes that form in the alum that allow ion exchange form in all different directions. So if you grow your crystal on a plate only some of those open tubes are in contact with the plate.

I wonder if there is a way to affect the direction that those tubes grow. Maybe by growing alum in a magnetic field? Then you could really maximize efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZilla View Post
    I made several variations of pipe's rather than bowls and it seems to me that the bowl is important so that the crystals can breath. I mean yea my best cells are made from pipe but only a few inches in depth. It is not the shape of the pipe that I mean which makes a difference but the exposed surface area to air. I think that is why Mr. Bedini uses a bowl shape. Of course I could be way off on that but from my own observations the ones that have a bit of breathing room work best.

Branch you asked if anyone had tried plate designs, alfinip2000 did some and posted about them. He had trouble with his but the trouble didn't necessarily come from the shape he chose, could have been method or whatever.

Created 5 crystal cells last night based on John B's DVD's. Each cell sitting around 1.69V currently. When all 5 are connected in series they are at 8.22V.

Currently just lighting an LED, but I have numerous projects to try with these. John says in the DVD's that you can charge batteries with the right circuitry so I'm going to try that. Was also thinking of hooking them up to my solar tracker 5...?

Also want to build a north pole motor, tune it to the RPM of a vinyl record player, and play some records. Also on the project list are an FM transmitter, and maybe a USB charging station if it can...

crystal1.jpgcrystal2.jpgcrystal3.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Not really getting more than 2mA from these cells. Here's a vid describing them and what I did. Any ideas what is wrong?

Branch,

the inpedance is very hi in a crystal cell, they are good for driving oscillator circuits for led lighting. as you stack them in series the current will drop as the voltage goes up. run them in parallel to a forced oscillator the schematic is on the earthlight thread at energetic.

Tom C

Hey Tom-

If this is the circuit you are describing then I have already built that (the one in the first post).

I am mainly concerned with being sure I have a correctly built crystal cell, that is putting out as much power as it should. I know you have these same bowls now, and I believe the same rod I used for the mag pieces. Curious what results you end up getting. How many mA should I anticipate from one cell? Or does it not really work that way when we are talking about oscillator output?

I want to explore some other applications beyond lighting a single LED, as I have already done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Branch,

the inpedance is very hi in a crystal cell, they are good for driving oscillator circuits for led lighting. as you stack them in series the current will drop as the voltage goes up. run them in parallel to a forced oscillator the schematic is on the earthlight thread at energetic.

Tom C

Branch,

I believe it is around 25 to 30 milliamps for each cell, it drops when you series them. if you followed the DVD you did it right, the biggest thing is making sure you have the seperator in there so the magnesium does not touch the copper.

I have the same bowls, and the same Alum.... I have not made them yet I am still waiting on magnesium rod for this size bowl.

Tom C