No announcement yet.

Branch's Crystal Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Created 5 crystal cells last night based on John B's DVD's. Each cell sitting around 1.69V currently. When all 5 are connected in series they are at 8.22V.

Currently just lighting an LED, but I have numerous projects to try with these. John says in the DVD's that you can charge batteries with the right circuitry so I'm going to try that. Was also thinking of hooking them up to my solar tracker 5...?

Also want to build a north pole motor, tune it to the RPM of a vinyl record player, and play some records. Also on the project list are an FM transmitter, and maybe a USB charging station if it can...

Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	46254Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal2.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	46255Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal3.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	46256Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	46253

Comment

Not really getting more than 2mA from these cells. Here's a vid describing them and what I did. Any ideas what is wrong?

Comment

Branch,

the inpedance is very hi in a crystal cell, they are good for driving oscillator circuits for led lighting. as you stack them in series the current will drop as the voltage goes up. run them in parallel to a forced oscillator the schematic is on the earthlight thread at energetic.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hey Tom-

If this is the circuit you are describing then I have already built that (the one in the first post).

I am mainly concerned with being sure I have a correctly built crystal cell, that is putting out as much power as it should. I know you have these same bowls now, and I believe the same rod I used for the mag pieces. Curious what results you end up getting. How many mA should I anticipate from one cell? Or does it not really work that way when we are talking about oscillator output?

I want to explore some other applications beyond lighting a single LED, as I have already done that.

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          Branch,

the inpedance is very hi in a crystal cell, they are good for driving oscillator circuits for led lighting. as you stack them in series the current will drop as the voltage goes up. run them in parallel to a forced oscillator the schematic is on the earthlight thread at energetic.

Tom C

Comment

Branch,

I believe it is around 25 to 30 milliamps for each cell, it drops when you series them. if you followed the DVD you did it right, the biggest thing is making sure you have the seperator in there so the magnesium does not touch the copper.

I have the same bowls, and the same Alum.... I have not made them yet I am still waiting on magnesium rod for this size bowl.

Tom C

Comment

Bob,i found that the problem is the deforming of the copper plate from alum..in my design,i put it like battery plate arrangement,when alum push copper,the corpus copper felt off,thus galvanic process occur..i've been follow JB process as close as possible. One of JB or chuck,they make crytal cell without fire copper...does anyone know the formula for this?i've make pure copper,pure magnesium and alum..still galvanic process occur eventhought it put 400-500ma continously...

Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
              I made several variations of pipe's rather than bowls and it seems to me that the bowl is important so that the crystals can breath. I mean yea my best cells are made from pipe but only a few inches in depth. It is not the shape of the pipe that I mean which makes a difference but the exposed surface area to air. I think that is why Mr. Bedini uses a bowl shape. Of course I could be way off on that but from my own observations the ones that have a bit of breathing room work best.

Branch you asked if anyone had tried plate designs, alfinip2000 did some and posted about them. He had trouble with his but the trouble didn't necessarily come from the shape he chose, could have been method or whatever.

Comment

Oh ok...if 25-30mA is what I should expect then that is what I am getting. I could've sworn that John B. states in his DVD that he is getting I think 300mA out of the one he makes...do you have that DVD?

If he is getting that kind of performance from his, and I am not, I would definitely like to nail down why. Can anyone else confirm this claim from the DVD before I go watch the whole thing again?

Branch,

I believe it is around 25 to 30 milliamps for each cell, it drops when you series them. if you followed the DVD you did it right, the biggest thing is making sure you have the seperator in there so the magnesium does not touch the copper.

I have the same bowls, and the same Alum.... I have not made them yet I am still waiting on magnesium rod for this size bowl.

Tom C

Comment

Ok making some headway. I have built the bedini earth light circuit on a breadboard and am running two of my cells in parallel to it.

Name:	parallel.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	46265 Click image for larger version

Name:	earthlightcircuit.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	46266

The standing voltage on these are around 1.52V. This photo was taken right after being connected to an LED, so it probably is higher than that.

Name:	standingvoltage.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	46267

Voltage with one super bright LED connected is .69V.

Name:	voltage_under_load.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	46268

The short circuit amperage readings on these cells are 23.42mA and 19.10mA. One is probably wetter than the other.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the scope shot of the circuit while the LED is connected.

Name:	scopeshot.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	46270

So everything seems to be working correctly. Moving on next week to building the oscillator circuit that John draws in the Crystal Battery Lecture DVD, to see if I can light up an array of LED's. I'll post my progress.

Comment

Ok..so I rewatched some of the DVD 29, Crystal Battery Lecture. At 50:20 minutes into the video, John B. clearly states that "this has quite a bit of current, probably on the order of, just the way it sits right there, of 300 maybe 400, almost a half an amp, at 1.1V."

Tom, why are you seeing something different...you stated these should be putting out around 25-35mA?

I need to figure out why there is a contradiction here, and if there is something I am doing wrong. When I short circuit my cells, I see around 20mA on all of them.

I'm not pointing any fingers here...just want to figure out if I have something built wrong...

It doesn't make sense to me that the Crystal Battery Light Teslagenx sells would only have 1 super bright LED attached to it, if the cell is capable of 1/2 an amp. Seems like there would be an array of light...wouldn't cost much more to build it that way...

Comment

Branch,

The light we sell comes From JB we don't build them. I have never made a cell that puts out that much. the crystal battery in the energenx light puts out about 25 milliamps. it runs the oscillator circuit. JB does have a huge one that puts out a bit more. look at the energenx channel on youtube JB has some crystal battery vids there.

Tom C

Comment

Hi Tom-

Do you mind asking him why there is a contradiction here? The light you sell looks to be around the same size as the one at the conference. Or if John is reading, can you shed some light?

I paid $58 for both DVD's, in order to learn the process. I have watched all of John's Youtube vids on the subject.

I just have a huge issue with paying money for information that is contradictory. I can understand that on the forum, because it's free. But there is an expectation I think that goes along with paying someone 3 times what a normal DVD costs.

Branch,

The light we sell comes From JB we don't build them. I have never made a cell that puts out that much. the crystal battery in the energenx light puts out about 25 milliamps. it runs the oscillator circuit. JB does have a huge one that puts out a bit more. look at the energenx channel on youtube JB has some crystal battery vids there.

Tom C

Comment

I will have to watch the DVD and I will get back to you.... I will say this, these vids are done live with no "takes" Tony turns on the camera and JB goes for it! if you have the SG machine DVD you see where he draws the gen circuit its incorrect the first time and then he later on corrects it. not making excuses just letting you know its not this huge multi day production with scripts, etc...

It is unfair to compare the cost of a DVD from a major movie house where 45 million DVD's are made of a single feature film, and a small run (500 to 100 units) of a single DVD. you being in the music industry know how intense post production and mixing is. its 1 hour per minute for mixdown to a stereo pair of tracks, then add the cost of mastering. you have probably spent hundreds of hours mixing music, just so you can sell a song for 99 cents on ITunes....

unless there is another alum mixture on the DVD I don't know about, I have NEVER seen a little bowl size crystal cell that is pure alum put out anything close to 500 milliamps. we have built them at multiple conferences and here also, they are always the same. if you want more current you need to parallel them, or make them larger.

I will watch the DVD and get back to you, if anyone else can please chime in on this.

Tom C

Comment

If John misspoke then I understand that. It's a pretty big error though. The whole reason why I bought these new bowls and discs was because I thought my previous bowls were not putting out the power they should. So I've spent over $100 based on information from the DVD that is false.

I realize that it's not your fault, and that this stuff isn't scripted and it's all experimental. It might be a good idea to make an edit to the DVD though at that point in the video...maybe some text at the bottom. It might save others some money and time trying to replicate a current that isn't possible.

You make a good point with the small scale cost of making a DVD...I didn't think about that.

Regardless...I have some nicer looking cells than my previous iteration, and I know now that they are operating exactly as they should.

I will have to watch the DVD and I will get back to you.... I will say this, these vids are done live with no "takes" Tony turns on the camera and JB goes for it! if you have the SG machine DVD you see where he draws the gen circuit its incorrect the first time and then he later on corrects it. not making excuses just letting you know its not this huge multi day production with scripts, etc...

It is unfair to compare the cost of a DVD from a major movie house where 45 million DVD's are made of a single feature film, and a small run (500 to 100 units) of a single DVD. you being in the music industry know how intense post production and mixing is. its 1 hour per minute for mixdown to a stereo pair of tracks, then add the cost of mastering. you have probably spent hundreds of hours mixing music, just so you can sell a song for 99 cents on ITunes....

unless there is another alum mixture on the DVD I don't know about, I have NEVER seen a little bowl size crystal cell that is pure alum put out anything close to 500 milliamps. we have built them at multiple conferences and here also, they are always the same. if you want more current you need to parallel them, or make them larger.

I will watch the DVD and get back to you, if anyone else can please chime in on this.

Tom C

Comment

Just a video update of my progress.

Copper bowls I bought are here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-TRADIT...item461e958a9d

Alum used: http://www.myspicesage.com/alum-powder-p-531.html

Comment

Working...
                                X