Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil wire size, COP and tuning

Everyone,

I wanted to post a couple of things on coil wire size. in speaking with John we were discussing the 3pole Kit I sent him, he said "the wire is too small, coil to small, magnets wrong, rick is selling chargers not energizers" one is low cop the other is hi cop. the 3 pole kit is good for 1.2 amp hour batteries, that is all. the tiny window motor is not a window motor, it is an SG, and it will NOT charge hi capacity batteries in any decent amount of time, you just have a fancy whirling motor, that will light led's

23 and 26 wire will not work for larger batteries, the wire is too small. this is one reason why the 10 coil was such a pain to get decent charging from, the wire was too small at 23awg.

the minimum wire size on a bike wheel SG is 19 awg for the trigger, and a pair of 21awg in parallel for the power winding. 150 feet is a good start. litz the 3 wires together, then onto the spool. better is 18 awg power and 18 or 19 trigger. remember inductance is a function of turns so use the pittsfield spool you see everywhere, 3/4 inch core is the size i believe.

then use a 470 ohm resistor on the base, no bulb no potentiometer, until you know what you are doing. get the energizer running, see how it charges then change resistors. 120 milliamp current draw maximum to start with.

this is for lawn tractor batteries from napa. big bike wheel 20 magnets good scalar south between the norths.

Thanks JB

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Excellent info Tom! Thank you. Such a waste of money on the kit....

Comment

Thanks Tom!

What do you mean by "good scalar south between the norths."? Putting in south-facing magnets between the original north-facing?

Kasper.

Comment

Kasper,

No, don't place extra magnets between the north facing ones. The scalar south is created between the north facing magnets. Go to John Bedini's web page and look at the drawing of the monopole magnetic fields. Welcome to John Bedini

John K.
        Last edited by John_Koorn; 08-16-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
          Excellent info Tom! Thank you. Such a waste of money on the kit....
          Agree, since first time i saw the kit, am not sure its exactly the same with what JB build.. i think we should clarify and make clear about this, because the poor result on the kit (that still sale out there) will bring pesimistic and negative opinion on this technology..

Comment

Originally posted by alfinip2000 View Post
            Agree, since first time i saw the kit, am not sure its exactly the same with what JB build.. i think we should clarify and make clear about this, because the poor result on the kit (that still sale out there) will bring pesimistic and negative opinion on this technology..
            it is not JB's kit, he has a couple of the molded 3 pole kits now and is trying to find a way to mod them so they preform as well as his original 3 pole. he is only one man and has a lot on his plate. I am looking forward to his mods.
            Tom C

Comment

Ok - thanks John.

Kasper.

Comment

Hi All, Thru all of the DVD's I have watched concerning Rick and JB....one thing bothers me very intensly.....things just don't seem right. As a business owner i can spot these problems way off. It is obviously not JB. Rick has always seemed distant to the work of John. I have aslo spoken with Rick a few times and he does not come across with a good grasp of the business process.

Rick was liscenced to manufacture with the Bedini name and did so. What we all are seeing is the result of what Rick had learned or received thru osmosis. His kits were produced with a lack of knowledge which in turn has caused many of us to relearn everything the very hard way....the really hard way. Many of us bought into the system thinking it was related to John. It sort of was but not very much at all. John had very little to do with what Rick manufactured. Do I blame John for Rick's mishaps......absolutely not!

Thank you for the change John.....I love change!

Since this sight has taken over for the Yahoo groups there has been a very intense shift in the way we are learning. No longer are we strangled by the thought of ....we have to do 20 runs so we can advance to learn more. That process is now gone thank god! I for one had a real bad taste in my mouth for the way it used to be.

Now there is a very open forum where the real the intense teaching and learninng takes place. In the past 2 weeks all of us have seen a tremendous amount of information exchanged....everything from fixing screwups to helping each other along the way. We also have the ability to learn at our own pace which makes this a sight which i now look forward to coming to hour after hour to see if any new info is available. As an example I read about Marcia winding a 4 lead coil using lawn chairs......last night I did the very same thing. It is smal ideas like these that sparks the creativeness in all of us. I for one have learned more in the past 5 days than i have in the previous 9 months......now that's saying something!

I think everyone should stop, read, and rethink this whole energizer charger thing. There have been so many confusing and conflicting facts that are just now surfacing. I know I have stopped and realized that much of what I thought i knew prior to this day is or may be wrong. I need to step back and relearn what should be happening and why. Thanks Tom.

Bud
                Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

Bud,

I second that!

I bought the SSG kit from R-charge and have had charging issues also. I was about to table the whole effort I put into the SSG, but tried to get some questions answered here with the new Forum under "Tuning help for charging - SSG". Glad I asked as now I get much different information so I can go forward with some results instead of frustration.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post

23 and 26 wire will not work for larger batteries, the wire is too small. this is one reason why the 10 coil was such a pain to get decent charging from, the wire was too small at 23awg.

the minimum wire size on a bike wheel SG is 19 awg for the trigger, and a pair of 21awg in parallel for the power winding. 150 feet is a good start. litz the 3 wires together, then onto the spool. better is 18 awg power and 18 or 19 trigger. remember inductance is a function of turns so use the pittsfield spool you see everywhere, 3/4 inch core is the size i believe.

Tom,

Thank you for the above information. My current coil has the #23 and #26 wire on it and needs to be redone with bigger wire.
                    Could you explain the coil construction above in a bit more detail?

Is the plastic spool I got from R-charge for my SSG kit OK to use/re-use?

If its a good start to use 150', what results would have me wind a coil with more or less wire on it? We are counting wire length instead on # of windings?

I can use #18 for both the trigger and power? That makes the process easier for sure, just need two spools of the same wire.

I need to order some wire and want to make sure I order the correct size.

Thanks for the Update!!
                    Alex

Comment

#23 + #26 fits for what size of batteries?
                      i build everything to the specs of this image
                      http://rpmgt.org/Schematic2.jpg

in my bicycle test i use 7Ah..
                      have 17Ah behind me for later..
                      i want clarify/know..
                      for what size of batteries this here http://rpmgt.org/Schematic2.jpg is applicable...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRonsen View Post
                        #23 + #26 fits for what size of batteries?
                        i build everything to the specs of this image
                        http://rpmgt.org/Schematic2.jpg

in my bicycle test i use 7Ah..
                        have 17Ah behind me for later..
                        i want clarify/know..
                        for what size of batteries this here http://rpmgt.org/Schematic2.jpg is applicable...
                        that battery (7ah) is fine, much bigger will take longer.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                          that battery (7ah) is fine, much bigger will take longer.

Tom C

Tom,

I'm confused. In your first post of this thread you said the #23 and #26 wires are too small. Now you respond to Mr Ronsen's post by, in effect, saying that coil wire size is OK.

Please do clarify.

Alex

Comment

Hi all, After reading what Alex wrote above I am not sure what is what anymore. One thing I do know is that I too had devil of a time getting the charging done....it took some serious modifications to get over the hump of 14.5 volts the ways the drawings were set up. There have too many conflicting replys from the moderators that do not fit this idea of wire size and such. Are we now re-engineering on the fly? Are the moderators in the know????????????? Really?

I hate to even think that they too have been led down the garden path. I feel I have been led there too. Don't get me wrong......I want to believe that the moderators have our best interests as experimentors at heart, but I do not know. All along I have been told that my tuning was wrong. Now i hear it is the coil design at fault.

Does anyone know?

At this time maybe it would be good to hear from John Bedini himself to set the record straight.

Bud
                            Do not procrastinate! Make something happen...even if it is wrong. Once begun half done!

Comment

I agree.

There is conflicting information between what John Bedini has said in some recent posts and what we have been told by the moderators in the previous Yahoo forum for the SSG.

This new Forum has renewed my desire to get this machine going, but it seems we need the true and correct information straight from John B.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X