Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSG JB battery charging OR batteries plate corrosion

Hi Folks,
    There's an obvious advantage in raising the final charging battery voltage....avoiding or reversing sulfation and what have you. But there is a well documented consequence in exposing batteries to higher voltage and that is plate corrosion. If sulfation as failure mode is reversible, plate corrosion is not.
    I understand that the worst case scenario is when the battery bank is sitting at high floating voltage, 15v or so like in a UPS type situation. Do we know what would be the extend of plate corrosion for repeated higher then normal charging voltage?

I was wondering if we are just trading a problem for a new one. I haven't run my batteries long to notice any difference or would be able to measure it with any certitude for that matter. But was wondering if anybody in the group has look into this.
    Peace,
    NoFear

Hey NOFEAR... YOU NEED NOT WORRY unless you abuse the battery. For one,think about WHAT causes plate degradation. Proper usage and the SSG method are why the battery last longer than "normal". I suggest you look at Dr. Lindeman's BATTERY SECRETS for a GREAT answer to what you are asking.

John H
    TN

Comment

Working...
    X