mutli coil construction questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mutli coil construction questions

I built a small skate wheel model and it works great. Now starting on the bicycle wheel model. I notice on y-tube and even here in these forums that guys are building multi-coil devices. I have two questions on these:

Are those typically one power and one trigger wire each?

I suppose the theory is that seven single coils provide a net greater impulse to the wheel than one seven-power-wire coil?

your best bet is to build a single coil multi strand machine. multi coil machines have their own idiosyncracies parts are available on teslagenx and the SG beginners book also available there gives you all the pertinent info.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

thank you Tom

Comment

Wiring Questions on 8 Transistor Kit

I had a couple questions on the 8 Transistor SG Kit.
        1. In regards to the 12 ohm resistor labeled R17, when would you recommend connecting in series and when to bypass it?
        2. For connections of power and windings, the directions refer to a connection called “primary positive/charge negative” for connecting to the positive terminal of the primary battery and negative terminal of the charge battery. I do not see anything on the circuit board labeled as the “primary positive/charge negative”. What is this referring to?

Thanks...
        Randy

Comment

1- the 12 ohm resistor is in the circuit to match exactly the way John has it in the SG book, and on his plexiglass kit. there is no specific recommendation its there to alter the current draw. if you have really large batteries that can handle a higher discharge you can run without it if you want. if you have extremely small batteries then you may need an even bigger one to make sure you are running at or above C20 draw on the primary. The final resistor is there to bring draw in line with the batteries you are using.

2- your primary Positive goes to the bundled power wires coming off the coil, and also to your charge battery negative. there is not a post on the circuit board for that, you can make yourself a binding post or something for that connection, or you can wire straight to the battery terminals. so you would run your charge bat - over to your primary bat +, along with the coil wires. I use a set of 3 ring terminals one for primary pos cable one for charge neg cable and one for the coil power wires, I stack them all on one binding post.

Tom C
          Last edited by Tom C; 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM.

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

That makes sense! Thanks Tom!

Comment

Working...
            X