Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pushing old car battery filled with alum mix to the limmits

SO you charged it till 8:30pm, rest till 9:30pm (bedtime for the kids ) discharge till 4:30 am (no sleep for patrick) and then let it come back up a little. So you are roughly pulling 2.5 amps for 7 hours in a 7.5 am hour battery. Looks like a winner. Nice! I do not think I have that concentrated of a mix, maybe I should thicken it up some more before I dump it in my next batteries. I mixed until I saw sediment stay, but I wasn't boiling it, just heated it up. Aln

thanks for pointing that out Al,
    I should not do the maths on the fly in the AM (too old now for simple arithmetic) :-)

That was charging at about 3.6 watts (300mA) at the peak draw and discharging at about 7.2 watts (600mA)
    I should get another amp meter to track the amp draw on the discharge so I don't have to think about it. Also, the amp draw changes as time goes.

Yes, patrick is up all hours!
    cheers,
    Patrick

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by min2oly View Post
    thanks for pointing that out Al,
    I should not do the maths on the fly in the AM (too old now for simple arithmetic) :-)

That was charging at about 3.6 watts (300mA) at the peak draw and discharging at about 7.2 watts (600mA)
    I should get another amp meter to track the amp draw on the discharge so I don't have to think about it. Also, the amp draw changes as time goes.

Yes, patrick is up all hours!
    cheers,
    Patrick
    Hello min2oly,

I like your style.

Please clarify: Is the capacity of your alum battery higher than the original rating of the battery?

How is the battery holding up?
    I'm interested because I want to put 4 100ah batteries into a 48 volt, Chinese, electric car that I just bought.

Also, Did you ever mix anything into the alum ?

JD
    Last edited by JJ409; 07-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.

just a snap qestion about your battery

is it delivering peak amps as well?
    making the amp hour rate is one thing but delivering starting amps is another.

i have here a problem with mine its delivering its amp hour rate but starting the car is a close call.

regards
    weasel

Quote Originally Posted by JJ409 View Post
    Hello min2oly,

I like your style.

Please clarify: Is the capacity of your alum battery higher than the original rating of the battery?

How is the battery holding up?
    I'm interested because I want to put 4 100ah batteries into a 48 volt, Chinese, electric car that I just bought.

Also, Did you ever mix anything into the alum ?

JD
    I can not speak for Patrick but I would say that alum is not for cold weather and you will have a lower resting voltage, which can be made up for if you add cells. Aln