Comment

• Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
      Hi Brian,

Straight SS SG output - no battery swapping front to back
      Cap dump (any type of SG) - battery swapping OK

John K.
      Thanks John

Comment

• Hey guys I would just add that there is a third scenario to mention and that is common ground or "gen mode".

I don't think Mr. Bedini ever said one way or the other on this but from my experience you can also take a back battery from a common ground charge and move it to the front without any degradation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobZilla View Post
          Hey guys I would just add that there is a third scenario to mention and that is common ground or "gen mode".

I don't think Mr. Bedini ever said one way or the other on this but from my experience you can also take a back battery from a common ground charge and move it to the front without any degradation.
          Hi Bob,
          This is true if you use the 1984 topology with two battery system and using a brushed DC motor but not the SSG circuit this method is described in the advance SG book.
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Bob & all
            I got the cap dumper finished tonight, it consists of 2 470 uf and 4 4700 uf capacitors ( all 100 volt), 4 switches, a solid state relay, and an arduino. It is basically configured like the one Bob showed earlier in the thread. Thanks Bob.
            The picture is of my test run, making sure it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	49450

The big drops are when i changed the off time, the smaller down spikes are when i would take a capacitor out of the mix.
            I did take some videos which i will put together and post.
            Overall, I am very pleased, it needs some tuning but that just involves some time.
            The battery started at 12.54 and stopped at 13.34 in about a 2 hour test run.

Edit: Bob, would you prefer i start a new thread for reporting my findings (replications of what you have shared in this thread)?
            Last edited by Brian McNece; 05-14-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian McNece View Post
              Bob & all
              I got the cap dumper finished tonight, it consists of 2 470 uf and 4 4700 uf capacitors ( all 100 volt), 4 switches, a solid state relay, and an arduino. It is basically configured like the one Bob showed earlier in the thread. Thanks Bob.
              The picture is of my test run, making sure it works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6253[/ATTACH]

The big drops are when i changed the off time, the smaller down spikes are when i would take a capacitor out of the mix.
              I did take some videos which i will put together and post.
              Overall, I am very pleased, it needs some tuning but that just involves some time.
              The battery started at 12.54 and stopped at 13.34 in about a 2 hour test run.

Edit: Bob, would you prefer i start a new thread for reporting my findings (replications of what you have shared in this thread)?
              That chart looks pretty good to me Brian, nice work. Can't wait to see your video too.

I don't mind if you post whatever you like in this thread, it was dead for along time and hasn't been about what it started as for along time either ;-) but you might want to start one for your project since it is new content instead of it getting buried in this old thread. That way people don't have to sort out who was saying what about this and that, old threads get confusing. Now that you have a setup similar to what I was doing awhile back I can show you some neat stuff to test out with different timings.

Comment

That chart looks pretty good to me Brian, nice work. Can't wait to see your video too.

I don't mind if you post whatever you like in this thread, it was dead for along time and hasn't been about what it started as for along time either ;-) but you might want to start one for your project since it is new content instead of it getting buried in this old thread. That way people don't have to sort out who was saying what about this and that, old threads get confusing. Now that you have a setup similar to what I was doing awhile back I can show you some neat stuff to test out with different timings.
                Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Bob
                  I took your advice and started a new thread, it is located here:

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...6754#post26754

hopefully that will work, if not it is in the intermediate forum where this thread is and it is called "My solid state adventure"
                  I have posted the video of my first cap dumper run in the first post, feel free to comment.
                  Thanks again for your continued help.
                  I am looking forward to much more experimenting with this stuff.

Comment

• Bob
                    I've noticed on your videos you use the radio shack meters. It appears you have two of them on one computer. How did you get the software to install twice? I've tried to install the software twice, but it seems to only want to deal with the first installation. Any tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian McNece View Post
                      Bob
                      I've noticed on your videos you use the radio shack meters. It appears you have two of them on one computer. How did you get the software to install twice? I've tried to install the software twice, but it seems to only want to deal with the first installation. Any tips?
                      Hi Brian,
                      What you need to do is first get just one meter charting. Do not plug the second meter in until the first is already setup and making charts. Once that first one is going fine then plug in the second one and click the program icon to start it again.

Note that I have the USB version of the meter. The originals came with RS-232 instead which is the 9 pin old style and it may not work the same with those. Also if you do have the USB version try to pick USB ports that are not on the same bus. I have found over the years that sometimes this matterrs and sometimes not depending on the PC I am using. What I mean is say you have a free port either one right below/beside the one already running the other meter or one all the way on the other side of the machine, choose the one on the other side of the machine. It has to do with the way the program allocates the memory.
                      Last edited by BobZilla; 05-23-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Brian,
                        What you need to do is first get just one meter charting. Do not plug the second meter in until the first is already setup and making charts. Once that first one is going fine then plug in the second one and click the program icon to start it again.

Note that I have the USB version of the meter. The originals came with RS-232 instead which is the 9 pin old style and it may not work the same with those. Also if you do have the USB version try to pick USB ports that are not on the same bus. I have found over the years that sometimes this matterrs and sometimes not depending on the PC I am using. What I mean is say you have a free port either one right below/beside the one already running the other meter or one all the way on the other side of the machine, choose the one on the other side of the machine. It has to do with the way the program allocates the memory.
                        Thanks Bob

Comment

• I'll watch it tonight after work.
                          I do want to try a video of the setup working.
                          hi

Comment

Working...
                          X