comparators now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comparators now available

both small and large comparators available on our website, under the products tab

TeslagenX - Small Comparator
    TeslagenX - Large Comparator

Tom C
    Last edited by ErikN; 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: updated links

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Thanks Mikey, these units are hand built one at a time in the good old u.s.a.
    Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
      both small and large comparators available on our website, under the products tab

Tom C
      We had a miscommunication regarding the price of the Large Comparator. The price has dropped by $100 and has been corrected on our website.

Erik N

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post

Tom C

Schweeeet! I just ordered the small comparator, and plan on getting the large one too when $ are in hand! Thanks!!
        "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

I didn't see any pricing for either comparator on the Teslagenx site. And the specs listed for the small one are actually the specs for the 1AU charger, not the small comparator!

Comment

Thanks Gary! The specs have been updated. I'll send you a PM.

Erik

Comment

So the small comparator is for devices like J.B.'s bike wheel- i.e. multi-filar, single coil with roughly similar output. Would the large comparator be compatible with larger systems like the 10 coiler?

Why is the small comparator limited to single coil units? Is it simply a matter of too much output from a multi-coil ssg, or is there a configuration issue related to multiple coils? How about a multiple coil unit with small coils, like my old r-charge 3 pole monopole that I converted to a 6 coiler with 19 awg windings, like you see in this pic? Would that work with the small comparator?

Click image for larger version

Name:	19awg6pole 005.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	45867

Thanks!

-Woody
              Last edited by Woody; 10-07-2013, 08:48 AM.
              "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

it should work just fine on that machine.... it is really a matter of the potential of the dump.... more and larger caps, more devices, bigger batteries.

Tom C

Comment

Thanks Tom!

Comment

Tom, these comparators have only one pot for voltage dump regulating. Is it possible to adjust its pulse width? And what is default pulse width of both small and large ones?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Nanuhi,

There is no need to adjust the pulse width. The device is designed to end the pulse at a predetermined cap voltage.

John K.

Comment

Thank you John. But does it mean that lesser AH battery will get stronger (wider) pulse, because weaker battery eats less current?

Comment

Working...
                        X