Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 runs complete would like to know if data makes sence

Hi,

My name is Karel and I just finished an other 20 runs with the monopole, last runs with a 4 amp/Hour battery didn,t go well and the
    battery didn't hold the voltage above 13 volts anymore and became worse instead of better after each run.

After this experience I modified the device and I use less magnets now (12) but I joined 2 of them togheter because they where
    possible to small.
    Free spin time is around 8 minutes wooden wheel with a 12 volt power suply feeding the device.

I tried to find a resonance point, I put a bulb 350 mA in series with the 5 amp/H battery and it was lighting brightly at a low resistance , after turning the resistance up it almost went out.

After furter turning the resistance up I saw it come up again but only a little bit and the wheel
    just kept running but only after I made the gap between the coil and magnets as small as possible.

After I removed the base diode the lamp burned much brighter but only at this point. I decided to remove the diode this time and replced the potmeter for a fixed resistance (around 1140 ohms).

It took me the first few times around 20 hours to charge the battery (new) but every run it took
    less time to charge it and in the end only 14 hours while the capacity to run my load stayed about the same.

I am not sure but I think the capacity of the battery should be increasing so I will be doing something wrong.

After reading all the posts from JB that where all compressed in one pdf I began to understand that less is more in this project so I will give it some more runs but with the base ssg_knagtegl.zipdiode connected just to see the difference.

Can someone give me an idear of how much the capacity of the battery is to go up and what would be the charging time in an ideal setup?

I also am still wondering why it must be a north pole instead of all south pole? does this have to do with the position on the earth?

When I look at this monopole I would think that you could be using both sides of the coil at the same time and get some extra torqe as a bonus but I might be completly wrong.

I did buld a device using boh sides and it seems to be working but than again It will take a lot of time to determine if it works better than the monopole but you will gain nothing if you don't use the mechanical output.

Have some pictures of the quick and dirty setup of the bipole or dipole or duopole or whatever you should call it.

I didn't have fero magnets so I was forced to use neo's but I dempend them by using a pice of iron on them. Its not ideal but it seems to work so far.

Hope anyone can give me some feedback.

Forgive me for my bad english but it is not my native language.

Hi Karel,

No problem with your English. It's better than my Dutch and both my parents are Dutch. I only know the swear words, and my mum used to call me a "poekeryung" when I was bad (not sure of the spelling, but I think you know what it means)

Anyway, thanks for uploading your COP results. Apart from the fact that your battery is losing capacity, you are normally getting a COP>1 as well as turning the heavy wooden wheel. So that is pretty extraordinary in itself. Especially when you consider you are only using 1W to turn the wheel and charge a battery!

You need to leave the base/emitter diode in there. There is no need to place a lamp in series with the charge battery. Did you do this just for a test or leave it in there permanently? But you also found that when you did that at the low resistance the lamp lit up - this indicates that you are just pushing current to the battery, which we don't want because it kills the radiant energy. At a higher resistance the bulb went out, which means that there was not much current which is what we want. Did you notice that the battery still charged when you did this?

I think you need to re-tune the machine to see if you get better results. An primary draw of 150mA and a charge battery input of 80mA sounds like you are pushing too much current so the machine is charging with more conventional energy than radiant energy. If you increase the base resistance you should find that the rotor will speed up and the primary draw current will go down. Keep increasing the resistance until the RPM is the fastest.

As for your 2 disk machine - the monopole is not designed to for high torque, it is designed to charge batteries. The first thing to do is to get rid of the neo magnets!

If you want to run it as a motor with torque you will find that the primary draw current will be high and everything will heat up. Charging will also be poor. Adding the second disk will not improve the charging but it will probably run a little faster. I would recommed that you wind another coil the same as the first and place both coils on the outside of the rotors. This will give you much better charging and also a little more torque - good if you want to run a fan or something that doesn't need much torque.

You should also read the Battery Bible that I uploaded the other day. It's normal for a lead acid battery to rest at 12.6v - 12.8v when fully charged, not 13v.

But good work and keep experimenting.

Tot ziens!

John K.

Comment

H John,

Thanks for your reply you made thinks a little clearer again I am beginning to understand it better and better thanks to the
      renewed and active site here.

I changed the setup again and now exactly as the original schema with the 3055 transistor (had an other before) and I now have
      the wheel running much faster for much less current.

I turned up the resistor more and more it run first at 100mA but it stil runs at 40mA too.
      the battery is charging very slow then but it does charge.

When I turned the resistance further up it began to use more current again (like 50 and later even 60 mA ) but the charging
      was going better. The wave form was changing from a "h" to an "h" with a spike just before it.

Should I go and turn up the resistance more up or do I let it run at the lowest point being 40 mA?

I guess it wil take a lot longer to charge the battery but with this energy I have the feeling it works like a tomato plant it
      takes some time to grow but then after some time you can eat all you can.

Greetings to you down under,

Karel

Comment

Karel,

Since you have a scope you can tune it with the scope. You want a wave with just the single "h". If you get the "h" with the spike just before it decrease the base resistance a little. Then if you decrease it a little more the rpm will continue to go up and the current will increase a little also. Decrease it a little at a time until you see the speed drop. When you see this, increase the resistance a little and the speed will go back up and the current will drop a little. This is where your machine will want to run - which is at the top of the bell curve.

Once you get the tuning just right, take the pot out of the circuit and measure the resistance. Find a fixed resistor of the same value and solder it into the circuit. The fixed resistor must be rated at a minimum of 2 watts, you can parallel up some resistors to get the value you need, which also increases the rated wattage. e.g. 2 x 100 ohm 1 watt resistors will give you 1 x 50 ohm 2 watt resistor.

P.S. Always tune the machine with a full primary battery.

JOhn K.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi John,

I am verry glad that your Dutch parents went to the other end of the planet and got a"pokkejong" like you.

Because you can realy make this clear to me. Its these little details that make this system
            either a funny toy or a miracle machine that creates power out of thin air.

I had it running over night with the spike just before the "h" because it seemed to charge the
            battery the best but it did'nt go over 14.25V

I now tuned it just like you said it is drawing a little more current but stil very little but it go's
            even faster now. and the voltage is rapidly going up to the desired 14.5v now

I feel like I am finally getting somewhere its like that first bicicle ride and realize that you do not fall when you
            go fast enough and like the first time you realize that you don't sink if you swim like they tell you to do that first
            swimming lesson. Its al about getting over these mind blocks.

I understand now why JB said that you don't want to draw more than 120mA. I am drawing just under 120 mA now
            and the battery is taking around 40 mA but it still is going to over 14,50v now.

I will do a few new runs and I hope to see the capacity go up this time, I have a good feeling about it.

Thanks for the help so far,

Karel

Comment

Working...
            X