Non-magnetic core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-magnetic core

Hello I'm new to this forum and would like to say G'day to you all. I have yet to build a Bedini SC as Im having trouble trying to find enamelled copper wire that is sold in pieces longer than 20 meters (65ft) here in Australia. Anyway while playing around with some TV transformers I started trying different types of cores and I found a material that is non-magnetic but will repel a magnet when the coil is charged. Would this produce any more mechanical or electrical power? It only repels or attracts a magnet but not iron or steel. It generates only a small amount of electricity (millivolts) when a magnet is passing over the coil, will this be enough to trigger the transistor switch?
    Dumb Ass it's just an air coil. Guess I had to many beers last night.
    Last edited by Richo; 08-28-2013, 05:08 AM.

Originally posted by Richo View Post
    Hello I'm new to this forum and would like to say G'day to you all. I have yet to build a Bedini SC as Im having trouble trying to find enamelled copper wire that is sold in pieces longer than 20 meters (65ft) here in Australia. Anyway while playing around with some TV transformers I started trying different types of cores and I found a material that is non-magnetic but will repel a magnet when the coil is charged. Would this produce any more mechanical or electrical power? It only repels or attracts a magnet but not iron or steel. It generates only a small amount of electricity (millivolts) when a magnet is passing over the coil, will this be enough to trigger the transistor switch?
    Dumb Ass it's just an air coil. Guess I had to many beers last night.
    ]

send a P.M. to john K... he is a fellow Aussie and has good sources.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
    X