Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-coiler spinning up

Hi,

I am building a machine with 3 sixfilar coils and a small rotor with three magnets. First I ran a test with only one of the coils -- trigger and one power strand, found the sweet spot as you usually do, and nothing unusual when changing the 1k pot.

I then mounted two more coils, connected as slaves with one power strand each. Now when I run it I find a sweet spot at first as usual, but when I back off a little on the pot suddenly the already fast spinning small rotor accelerates like mad. I increase a little on the pot again and find a new sweet spot without the rotor decelerating, its still spinning really fast. Anybody that can explain what is happening and why it suddenly accelerates and finds a "new balance"?

This seems like a powerful machine already and I still have four strands on each coil to connect... It spins really fast so maybe I should get a bigger rotor and more magnets.

The coils are AWG 20 (trigger also) and I'm using 2N3055 transistors.

And: A big thanks to Peter and Aaron for the Bedini Beginners- and Intermediate sg handbooks! Very interesting, informative and well-written. Thanks!

Thomas

Hi again!

Connected the rest of the strands so I now have three coils with 5 power strands each, and one trigger on one coil. All coils are 6 strands so I left two to experiment with -- light up a led or something :-)

The strange behaviour mentioned above disappeared. So now I'm desulphating a couple of big old UPS batteries. It takes time -- slowly the batteries hold more and more charge. The machine is not optimal (AWG 20 on both trigger and power and 2N3055:s, could not afford 15 MJL:s). Any comments on this configuration, anybody? Would appreciate advice on the desulphation also. Attach a picture of the setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0344.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	45798

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Shofar View Post
      Hi again!

Connected the rest of the strands so I now have three coils with 5 power strands each, and one trigger on one coil. All coils are 6 strands so I left two to experiment with -- light up a led or something :-)

The strange behaviour mentioned above disappeared. So now I'm desulphating a couple of big old UPS batteries. It takes time -- slowly the batteries hold more and more charge. The machine is not optimal (AWG 20 on both trigger and power and 2N3055:s, could not afford 15 MJL:s). Any comments on this configuration, anybody? Would appreciate advice on the desulphation also. Attach a picture of the setup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2585[/ATTACH]

Thomas
      wow impressive buld with locally sourced parts!!! what are your base resistors? have you tried running 470 ohms with no potentiometer? I assume you are running in attraction mode? if you have a 2 channel scope you might get better performance my making sure the coils are perfectly at 120 degrees.
      Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks Tom!
        Base resistors are 100 ohm. I can put in a 470 ohms resistor but I really like the idea to be able to fine tune with the pot. Can you explain what will be the advantage with the 470 ohm resistor? I think I'm running attraction mode -- must admit I'm not sure. I'll check. I have no scope, but I'm thinking of rigging my computer with a software scope. /Thomas

Comment

the potentiometer will drift. JB reccomends 470 ohms on the base and sometimes a 12 ohm final for single coil units. if you wound according to Aarons SG book you are in attraction mode.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hello,
            How do you switch the battery pack (primary),
            the battery charge,
            the three groups of five transistors.
            What are your results?
            The primary battery is it always charged when the battery charge is loaded.
            Could you send us a diagram (drawing)?
            Thank you to answer me.
            Regards

Bonjour,
            Comment commutez vous la batterie d'alimentation, la batterie en charge, les 3 groupes de 5 transistors ?.
            Quels sont vos résultats?
            La batterie d'alimentation est-elle toujours chargée lorsque la batterie en charge est chargée.
            Pourriez-vous nous envoyer un schéma?
            Merci de me répondre.
            Cordialement
            Pour moi, le principal, dans le fonctionnement du systeme Bedini, est l'energie rayonnante (temps 7) laquelle a pour but de recharger la batterie primaire.

Comment amplifier cette energie afin que la batterie primaire soit totalement chargée?

PS: I do not understand the american's language.
            I call a google translation to try to communicate with you ....

Comment

[QUOTE=intactsaphir;9971]Hello,
              How do you switch the battery pack (primary),
              the battery charge,
              the three groups of five transistors.
              What are your results?
              The primary battery is it always charged when the battery charge is loaded.
              Could you send us a diagram (drawing)?
              Thank you to answer me.
              Regards

Hi!

Didn't quite understand all your questions but here are some info:

I have two 12 volt 72 Ah batteries as primary. I switch between them as they run out and charge the one I'm not currently using with a conventional charger.

I'm desulfating a couple of bigger UPS batteries one at the time. The result I'm seeing is that they hold more and more charge and the specific gravity of the electrolyte gets better. But it is a sloooooow process!

You find a diagram of my setup in Peter Lindemann's and Aaron Murakami's Complete Beginners Handbook page 9 the lower diagram. I recommend you to get that handbook and the Intermediate if you don't have them. They highly informative and very well written.

And a note: As you can see in the picture I don't have any neon bulbs between collector and emitter, so I'm very careful not to run the machine without charge battery connected.

Hope you got same answers.

Regards Thomas

Comment

Hi Shofar,
                Your build looks very immpresive, including the Coil windings, if you want faster Desulfation, please increase the number of coils, and do a uniform interval of Charging and discharging of the Battery to be reveived.
                use a modrate load resistor/Lamp and use the same every time you cycle the Battery.
                use a steady power supply as the input to the machine..
                Rgds,
                Faraday88.
                'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

Thanks for your advice. I am doing uniform intervals, but I'm wondering how high on charge and how low on discharge I should go on the battery. Do you have any experience in that?

The battery is a 12 Volt PowerSafe GLS Plus C10 62Ah. I discharge it with an inverter driving a 220V lightbulb. It draws 8-9 amps -- is that too much?. I can use a car light instead -- will draw 4-5 amps.

When charching this way with a Bedini, is there really any danger at all that the charge battery goes too high in voltage while charging?

Thomas

Comment

Hi Shofar,

There is no 'how high' as far as the Bedini method goes, a Given Battery servos itself to the system Coils however, its a matter of getting the Battery Impedance
                    as close as possiable to the coil Impedance (you keep one fixed then the other servos to the first). on the discharge front Bedini recommands C20 discharge rate to see the performance of gain in the batteries. do not discharge a battery at a rate greater than this please..
                    comming to your question on 'How Low' which load to use, its all the same its again Impedance translation, so does not matter if your are usnig a 12v Lamp directly or using a Higher Voltage Lamp to be driven using an Inverter.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.

Comment

Thanks for info Faraday88,

The C20 discussion etc I do understand, but I have (and have always had) a difficult time understandning the concept of Impedance in this context -- could you explain? Maybe an example?

Thanks!

Thomas

Comment

Hi Shofar,

If you can understand the difference between Energy and Power may be you will catch the point! these are two asymmtric aspect of the same entity.
                        what if i aslo say that Energy can be stored but Power cannot be stored..! like wise ENERGY cannot be used which means that it cannot be consumed, but when it appears to be doing so ..it is the POWER that as at play!
                        Ok comming to your Impedance probelm, A Battery is one form of an Electric Dipole different from a Charged Capacitor the external terminals Space of a battery represent the Inverted form of the Dielectric of a UnCharged Capacitor.
                        the greater the difference in the Impedance shift between the Inside (Electrolytic)of a Battery and the External Terminal space, the greater is the 'Broken Symmetry' (Hence the Energy from the Vacuum) with Impedance Shift we mean VERY LOW IMPEDANCE INSDIE AND VERY HIGH IMPEDANCE OUT SIDE. THE RADIANT PROCESS DOES BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY, this is translated as a Gain in the Batteries which shows up when a Load connected delivers more Power for extended interval of time.Hope this helps, let me know if you need more clearity.. you are always welcome with questions.
                        Regards,
                        Faraday88.
                        Last edited by Faraday88; 08-31-2013, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Yes, I have a foggy feeling I'm getting a grip on this.

It might help if you could give me a specific definition of the term "impedance" in it's use here.

The common definition of impedance is something like: "The resistance that a circuit presents to a current when voltage is applied". Is that what we are discussing here?
                          Is it that a) the battery presents a resistance when current flow changes and b) the coil(s) present resistance when current flow changes? And that these two should match in some way?

Am I even getting close?

Anyway, thanks a lot taking time helping!

Thomas

Comment

Hi Shofar,
                            You are correct in how you are looking at it but, a small word of advice here, if you are looking for the strict defination of Impedance, here it is: The sum of the resistance(D.C)and Inductive or Capacitive reactance offered to the flow of A.C current is called as the Impedance.
                            actually speaking, it is only the Internal D.C Resistance of the Batttery that matters but since we are dealing with Pulsed-D.C (Time-Variant) we may well deal with the Impedance aspect of its Physical Interactions.
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Shofar View Post
                              Hi,

I am building a machine with 3 sixfilar coils and a small rotor with three magnets. First I ran a test with only one of the coils -- trigger and one power strand, found the sweet spot as you usually do, and nothing unusual when changing the 1k pot.

I then mounted two more coils, connected as slaves with one power strand each. Now when I run it I find a sweet spot at first as usual, but when I back off a little on the pot suddenly the already fast spinning small rotor accelerates like mad. I increase a little on the pot again and find a new sweet spot without the rotor decelerating, its still spinning really fast. Anybody that can explain what is happening and why it suddenly accelerates and finds a "new balance"?

This seems like a powerful machine already and I still have four strands on each coil to connect... It spins really fast so maybe I should get a bigger rotor and more magnets.

The coils are AWG 20 (trigger also) and I'm using 2N3055 transistors.

And: A big thanks to Peter and Aaron for the Bedini Beginners- and Intermediate sg handbooks! Very interesting, informative and well-written. Thanks!

Thomas
                              I have done this as well, what fun. Its almost like shifting gears in a car. by constantly adjusting the resistance up, then down, you can "shift" into a higher gear. I figure, each transistor gets a shift. You can really fine tune these monopoles. Each time, the rotor goes faster...until you reach a max....and if you push it too far...it dies, and you have to start over. It took a good 10 minutes to shift 9 times , tuning the whole time.

I was able to get 9 distinct "shift" points (which looks real cool on my old analog Simpson meter.) I have a video, where I connect a pizeo transducer, so you can hear the shift. i also connect a light, so you can see the shift points. this video only has one coil connected (3 cks per coil), so 3 shifts.
                              SG - YouTube
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X