Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla Chargers unavailable now - Can we build one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Chargers unavailable now - Can we build one?

Hi all,

As most anyone reading knows, the late John and Gary Bedini's company Energenx has closed. (RIP John and Gary)
    As such, their handmade chargers are no longer being manufactured. The Tesla Chargers company says that they are working on possibly bringing new chargers back again... someday.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to steal any proprietary technology or anything like that. I would buy one or more of their chargers if I could. I've built several SG type circuits, capacitory pulsing circuits, etc. While these work to rejuvenate and charge batteries just fine, it isn't practical to do on an ongoing basis. Simply because these simple circuits require close babysitting to make sure we don't overcharge the batteries, etc.

What I'm trying to figure out is how can I build a circuit that can cap pulse my batteries, but also be smart enough to stop once the battery is fully charged? I know of several types of circuits that could be used, and some people have done this with fleeting success from what I've seen. Does anyone familiar with these Tesla chargers know some basic info that might help us experimenters build something like this? I don't expect to be able to build something as smart as say their 2.5A12 Extreme charger that is able to continue charging after the voltage reaches 15.3.. somehow knowing the battery needs more. I'm looking for just a simple voltage cutoff of some kind. This will be for personal use until I can, hopefully, one day buy the real thing.

Thank you in advance. If I am in fact overstepping my bounds here, I will humbly retract my question as I don't want to become another Rick Friedrich! ack!

Regards,
    Chris

Hi Chris,

We’ve actually got the 2.5a12-ex schematics and pcb files ready for production. We expect to start taking pre-orders in about 3 weeks and expect to be shipping in 6 weeks. From then on, we plan to have inventory to be able to offer same day or next day shipping so stay tuned!

You’re definitely not overstepping any bounds – say what you want! Lol – I’d be wondering too.

RPX units were the first items we wanted back in production – now the 2.5a12-ex is next. Please understand I’m brand new to manufacturing but now I think I have the processes down to a very specific methodology - at least according to how I worked it out - so each product after will be coming out faster and faster.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
      Hi Chris,

We’ve actually got the 2.5a12-ex schematics and pcb files ready for production. We expect to start taking pre-orders in about 3 weeks and expect to be shipping in 6 weeks. From then on, we plan to have inventory to be able to offer same day or next day shipping so stay tuned!

You’re definitely not overstepping any bounds – say what you want! Lol – I’d be wondering too.

RPX units were the first items we wanted back in production – now the 2.5a12-ex is next. Please understand I’m brand new to manufacturing but now I think I have the processes down to a very specific methodology - at least according to how I worked it out - so each product after will be coming out faster and faster.
      Hi Aaron,
      That sounds Great!!!!what about the products that you said John wanted to have it in the next line of Charger Technology..Solar Controller..ect..?
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Chris,

Awesome! This is great news Aaron! Let me know if you need any testers

If anyone can figure out an efficient manufacturing plan, it's you man.

Thanks!!
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          Hi Aaron,
          That sounds Great!!!!what about the products that you said John wanted to have it in the next line of Charger Technology..Solar Controller..ect..?
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          Hi Faraday, that is for the 50 watt solar charge controller. That will be sometime after the 2.5A12-EX.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hi Faraday, that is for the 50 watt solar charge controller. That will be sometime after the 2.5A12-EX.
            Great News Aaron,Thumbs up!!!.. I too can offer my support for Testing/ Assembly ect...
            let me know for any help.

Rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrinisin View Post
              Hi all,

As most anyone reading knows, the late John and Gary Bedini's company Energenx has closed. (RIP John and Gary)
              As such, their handmade chargers are no longer being manufactured. The Tesla Chargers company says that they are working on possibly bringing new chargers back again... someday.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not trying to steal any proprietary technology or anything like that. I would buy one or more of their chargers if I could. I've built several SG type circuits, capacitory pulsing circuits, etc. While these work to rejuvenate and charge batteries just fine, it isn't practical to do on an ongoing basis. Simply because these simple circuits require close babysitting to make sure we don't overcharge the batteries, etc.

What I'm trying to figure out is how can I build a circuit that can cap pulse my batteries, but also be smart enough to stop once the battery is fully charged? I know of several types of circuits that could be used, and some people have done this with fleeting success from what I've seen. Does anyone familiar with these Tesla chargers know some basic info that might help us experimenters build something like this? I don't expect to be able to build something as smart as say their 2.5A12 Extreme charger that is able to continue charging after the voltage reaches 15.3.. somehow knowing the battery needs more. I'm looking for just a simple voltage cutoff of some kind. This will be for personal use until I can, hopefully, one day buy the real thing.

Thank you in advance. If I am in fact overstepping my bounds here, I will humbly retract my question as I don't want to become another Rick Friedrich! ack!

Regards,
              Chris
              That's a goog idea! I have several JB's chargers but my battery's keep on failing year after year! I will make a youtube video one day (this coming summer) about that. And yes, I can share schematics of 12V80A Solar Tracker since JB and Gary passed away and their company as such no longer exists as Aaron and Peter mentioned, we can share schematics now, I also know the type and 'model' of transistors JB used and whole unit is not potted, all traces and whole PCB with components is easily accessible, very easy to build once parts are ordered from electronics store like Mouser. In any case I will update here and post on youtube schematics and pics of the unit. Since Aaron is building newer units, old ones that JB built are public source now and obsolete, so we can learn from them. PCB's from China once ordered are cheap, and anyone will be able to build these for a few dollars, no need to spend $1500 for a solar unit as JB passed away and the company together with the warranty no longer in existence either.

Comment

guys,

Energenx is a publicly traded company, as such it is still in effect as it belongs to the shareholders. John and Gary are the primary shareholders, but all that transfers to those in the wills. all of the IP is property of energenx, and as such is not public domain, nor will it ever be. you would be infringing upon their products and will be in danger of the lawyers coming after you guys.... Aaron is building chargers because he has an agreement with energenx to do so with the shareholders. John and Gary had wives and children who are still alive and working on getting energenx where it needs to be.

any posts of energenx circuit boards or circuits will be deleted and the info forwarded to the necessary parties.

Regards,
                Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  guys,

Energenx is a publicly traded company, as such it is still in effect as it belongs to the shareholders. John and Gary are the primary shareholders, but all that transfers to those in the wills. all of the IP is property of energenx, and as such is not public domain, nor will it ever be. you would be infringing upon their products and will be in danger of the lawyers coming after you guys.... Aaron is building chargers because he has an agreement with energenx to do so with the shareholders. John and Gary had wives and children who are still alive and working on getting energenx where it needs to be.

any posts of energenx circuit boards or circuits will be deleted and the info forwarded to the necessary parties.

Regards,
                  Tom C
                  There are no shareholders and the stock is not publicly available or traded. The company is closed and is DEFUNCT! Please go to teslachargers.com and read what Aaron said: "The company is CLOSED since JB and Gary passed away and Warranty is NOT provided!" IF the company still existed they WOULD have honored the warranty. As you know with any company if it closes, the stock is worthless or costs penies and shareholders lose everything! Remember STOCKS are not FDIC insured!!! JB schematics are publicly available and even Tom Bearden wrote a book with his schematics, all is closed and defunct!
                  Attached Files

Comment

To make you all feel better, JB closed his securities trading with the SEC in 2008 and his common stock was worth 0.001 par value. That was almost 10 years ago. Now defunct! Patents also have exp. date, so I say POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Let all of us have it! I am not greedy, I will share the knowledge for free! Let's not let JB die in vain, he wanted the people to have and know the information, let's share it! I am saying don't be discouraged by $1500 solar chargers, I will let you know of my progress and post links to forums and youtube on schematics details.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 5.16.24 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	49457
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tesla; 05-17-2017, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla View Post
                      To make you all feel better, JB closed his securities trading with the SEC in 2008 and his common stock was worth 0.001 par value. That was almost 10 years ago. Now defunct! Patents also have exp. date, so I say POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Let all of us have it! I am not greedy, I will share the knowledge for free! Let's not let JB die in vain, he wanted the people to have and know the information, let's share it! I am saying don't be discouraged by $1500 solar chargers, I will let you know of my progress and post links to forums and youtube on schematics details.

Sergio,

Paperwork to close the company has not been filed, it is closed as far as there is no more physical location but that is it.

There are still shareholders and the patents have not expired. They have lapsed because renewal fees have not been paid and those can easily be renewed by Bedini's family. Regardless of that fact, there was nothing being manufactured at EnergenX for years that were protected by any of the patents for a long time. That does not mean the newer circuits obsoleted the older circuits. Some are property of Bedini's family and some belong to EnergenX.

The information you want to give away is not yours to give away and will never be public domain unless it is specifically placed into the public domain.

What you are telegraphing is your intent to violate both US and Lithuanian IP law: http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/profile.jsp?code=LT

Please respect the wishes of John Bedini's family. If anything is going to be put into the public domain, they're going to do it. Otherwise, you are directly attacking his wife and that is all you will ever be known for.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

Sergio,

Paperwork to close the company has not been filed, it is closed as far as there is no more physical location but that is it.

There are still shareholders and the patents have not expired. They have lapsed because renewal fees have not been paid and those can easily be renewed by Bedini's family. Regardless of that fact, there was nothing being manufactured at EnergenX for years that were protected by any of the patents for a long time. That does not mean the newer circuits obsoleted the older circuits. Some are property of Bedini's family and some belong to EnergenX.

The information you want to give away is not yours to give away and will never be public domain unless it is specifically placed into the public domain.

What you are telegraphing is your intent to violate both US and Lithuanian IP law: http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/profile.jsp?code=LT

Please respect the wishes of John Bedini's family. If anything is going to be put into the public domain, they're going to do it. Otherwise, you are directly attacking his wife and that is all you will ever be known for.
                        Tom C/ Aaron,
                        I stand by your views it is unethical for anyone to Infringe into others Patent.
                        look what people are doing to JB's wish of sharing !!He freely shared Knowledge despite of the hostility of infringement!! when will people learn to be honest???
                        i agree if one can improvise on the present Patent and then they say it belongs to them then that's a different story altogether!!
                        Best Regards,
                        Faraday88.

Comment

Aaron,

No intent to 'attack' IP laws of any country. I have been using VPN's and proxies for years of countries with weak laws to prevent uncle Sam from snooping around my browsing history that my ISP keeps. Look at the music industry and torrents, those laws are not enforced and can't be, we live in a digital world. I think anyone who has 12V80A solar charger like I have can take a look at the circuitry inside and copy the schematic as those are not potted in any way and are freely available for anyone who purchased the unit. I wouldn't think it is bad to share something for FREE and not seek any profit, as JB always shared any schematic information with people and gave out SSG, RPX circuits away generously. I am old enough not to care about money as they come and go and will never have enough no matter how much you have. Health is the most important thing one has. But sure, if you wish, I can keep the information to myself for now. If I could get my hands on one of those digital RPX machines to keep my health in check, that would be fantastic, you wouldn't have one laying around for testing and research purposes, as Bob Beck blood electrification device doesn't seem to help me when doing a viral count at the lab if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by tesla View Post
                            Aaron,

No intent to 'attack' IP laws of any country. I have been using VPN's and proxies for years of countries with weak laws to prevent uncle Sam from snooping around my browsing history that my ISP keeps. Look at the music industry and torrents, those laws are not enforced and can't be, we live in a digital world. I think anyone who has 12V80A solar charger like I have can take a look at the circuitry inside and copy the schematic as those are not potted in any way and are freely available for anyone who purchased the unit. I wouldn't think it is bad to share something for FREE and not seek any profit, as JB always shared any schematic information with people and gave out SSG, RPX circuits away generously. I am old enough not to care about money as they come and go and will never have enough no matter how much you have. Health is the most important thing one has. But sure, if you wish, I can keep the information to myself for now. If I could get my hands on one of those digital RPX machines to keep my health in check, that would be fantastic, you wouldn't have one laying around for testing and research purposes, as Bob Beck blood electrification device doesn't seem to help me when doing a viral count at the lab if you know what I mean.
                            Hi tesla,
                            Why would any body share and yet Patent it???you can't eat the cake and have it too!! can you???
                            I am not saying JB had no interest to share for the benefit of all (because he did) but he did intend to do it to spread the awareness of the technology. this does'nt mean he gave away the key stuff (Coke formula) of the functioning of his Devices/Processs!! that would obviously make his patents worthless) you find few people like him who promote their findings in a symbiotic way! that makes him unique person that he was i must say!.
                            Best Regards,
                            Faraday88.
                            Last edited by Faraday88; 05-18-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Here is a balance sheet for the company as of 2008, the latest one, and here is the statement of Termination of Securities: https://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/Get...lingID=6294958
                              Common stock DARK or DEFUNCT according to my research. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 12.32.10 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	49460

Comment

Working...
                              X