Here is my adventure in phases:

1)Surface discharge spark plug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2322-2_zpsg3rlhnz3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	48912

2)Plasma ignition. (I hope so).

3)Running on fumes. (Only my generator, for the moment).

4)?

So, here is one of my video:

NGK BUE, surface discharge, cold start.

And here is my tribute to "groundless", (surface discharge), spark plug:
    http://www.4troxoi.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58492
    The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• My "running on fumes" generator:

Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-23-2016, 02:07 PM.
      The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
        Hello from Greece.

Here is my adventure in phases:

1)Surface discharge spark plug.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5400[/ATTACH]

2)Plasma ignition. (I hope so).

3)Running on fumes. (Only my generator, for the moment).

4)?

So, here is one of my video:

NGK BUE, surface discharge, cold start.

And here is my tribute to "groundless", (surface discharge), spark plug:
        http://www.4troxoi.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58492
        Hello Hellenic,
        Thanks for the demonstration!!!
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

My "running on fumes" generator:

Hi Hellenic,

did you mean to say that you are feeding the vent(exhaust) back into the Fuel tank and re-use the fuel several times..i remember seeing one such demonstration on internet in a public forum ( by Dennis Lee..i guess)..there is partial Vacuum formed in the fuel tank..need to watch that video again..
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
            Hello Hellenic,
            Thanks for the demonstration!!!
            Rgds,
            Faraday88.
            You are welcome.
            The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
              Hi Hellenic,

did you mean to say that you are feeding the vent(exhaust) back into the Fuel tank and re-use the fuel several times..i remember seeing one such demonstration on internet in a public forum ( by Dennis Lee..i guess)..there is partial Vacuum formed in the fuel tank..need to watch that video again..
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              The fuel line is closed through the black on/off fuel switch. (It is zoomed in my video but my camera had not good adaptation).

The engine was started normally with petrol. I brought the small duct near the carburetors venturi and, through the vacuum, there was some fumes sunction.
              The result was a very rich mixture and the engine smoked and tried to shutoff. So, I let it to work on petrol closing the fuel switch. After a while, since all the fuel in the closed line consumed, (this is the recommended way by the manufacturer to shutoff), with some difficulty, I started the engine, exclusively, with petrol fumes.

It run for 30' minutes exclusively on fumes, consuming 100 ml of fuel, which, must be, (I have to repeat it for accuracy), 35% less. After that the box of biscuits, which used as fuel tank and breather, froze and the engine stopped.
              Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-24-2016, 01:01 AM.
              The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Here you can see that, according to manufacturer, it has to consume 2.7 l of fuel for 4.5 hours, which is 300 ml per 30' minutes, something very near to reality, according to my measurements.

Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 06-24-2016, 01:01 AM.
                The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• This generator has a very bad fuel combustion, if you stay near it your clothes smell carbon, after a while.

Running on fumes, there was no smoke at all!
                  The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Having a vw g60, with Digifant I ecu, cannot take plasma spark.

Using any combination of diodes, (1200 V, 6A), from just 2 in series up to 30, (subtracting one by one, starting from 30), the spark is turned off when connecting, the correct way as in videos, or it does not make any difference when reverse diodes.

Any suggestions?
                    The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Having a vw g60, with Digifant I ecu, cannot take plasma spark.

Using any combination of diodes, (1200 V, 6A), from just 2 in series up to 30, (subtracting one by one, starting from 30), the spark is turned off when connecting, the correct way as in videos, or it does not make any difference when reverse diodes.

Any suggestions?
                      Please post a full schematic of your ignition setup.
                      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                        Please post a full schematic of your ignition setup.
                        From Bentley manual:

Thank you very much.
                        The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• But do you have a capacitor discharge module that discharges a capacitor to the primary of the ignition coil?

You have to have that or adding diodes won't do anything.
                          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

But do you have a capacitor discharge module that discharges a capacitor to the primary of the ignition coil?

You have to have that or adding diodes won't do anything.
                            Thank you for the point. No, I didn't understand that.

Is this module going to be connected to the negative, (terminal 1), of the ignition coil?

Because, if this is correct, cannot be done, as vw says:

Or, ignoring vw's suggestion, there will be no problem?
                            The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Thank you for the point. No, I didn't understand that.

Is this module going to be connected to the negative, (terminal 1), of the ignition coil?

Because, if this is correct, cannot be done, as vw says:

Or, ignoring vw's suggestion, there will be no problem?
                              I believe they're referring to a condenser that absorbs part of the spike and keeps it from going back to the primary, etc.

There are plenty of old VW engines with CDI or MSD performance modules attached.

Instead of putting 12 volts to the primary of your ignition coil, the cap unit charges to several hundred volts and discharges that to the primary of the ignition coil to get a higher voltage output.

You would need a different ignition coil suitable for cap discharges - the pertronix one I've been using will probably work perfect for your engine but you can ask the company.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

I believe they're referring to a condenser that absorbs part of the spike and keeps it from going back to the primary, etc.

There are plenty of old VW engines with CDI or MSD performance modules attached.

Instead of putting 12 volts to the primary of your ignition coil, the cap unit charges to several hundred volts and discharges that to the primary of the ignition coil to get a higher voltage output.

You would need a different ignition coil suitable for cap discharges - the pertronix one I've been using will probably work perfect for your engine but you can ask the company.
                                Thank you.
                                The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Working...
                                X