Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally I was wrong.

There is a radio interference but in the fm band, which is audible with weak stations.

Trying to control the operation status, I added a led pilot lamp, (with a diode), which operates when everything is fine and stops to operate in the case of a malfunction.

As you can hear in my next video, a clicking noise is now present into the car with the radio off.

What a Plasma!

The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellenic Vanagon View Post
      Finally I was wrong.

There is a radio interference but in the fm band, which is audible with weak stations.

Trying to control the operation status, I added a led pilot lamp, (with a diode), which operates when everything is fine and stops to operate in the case of a malfunction.

As you can hear in my next video, a clicking noise is now present into the car with the radio off.

What a Plasma!

I sometimes experience a bit of clicking on the radio but it doesn't seem to happen all the time.

One thing is that I did give up on 0 resistance ignition cables because it makes my engine computer go berserk. But since the cap discharges through a diode over the gap, it bypasses the ignition cables anyway so not needed. However, lower resistance cables with some suppression is a good idea. For plugs, definitely non-resistor. With that, I've never seen any issues except for the occasional clicking on the radio. That was on my Subaru GT 2.5 liter boxer engine with wasted spark.

For an older car without a computer like my Datsun 620 pickup, I don't know because the radio doesn't even work. lol I can tell the plasma works great because in the winter in sub freezing temps, I can disconnect the electronic choke on the Weber and it starts right up with the plasma without hesitation. It might take a few tries - that isn't the hesitation, that is just it taking a moment to finally get fuel. Then it idles just fine. That alone is quite a testimony.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• In my case the total resistance is reduced to the minimum required by the Digifant ignition/injection system, which is 2 kΩ, the resistance of the rotor into the distributor included, in a try for the hottest possible spark, (ante plasma).

Now I am going to determine the new value for the resistance, by the trial and error method, on the road, in order to have the coldest possible arc.

My ECU seems to be bulletproof, for the moment at least. I don't know what will be the behavior of the other systems ECUs, such as the climatronic, abs, edl, door locking, e.t.c..

The results of my

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1160250.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	49808
        (trip computer)

and of the emissions measurement are my next concern.
        (Yes, I know that I have to fight against the fuel enrichment caused by the reaction vs plasma of the ECU).

By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?
        Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 03-31-2018, 02:05 AM.
        The Syncro Heresy

Comment

In my case the total resistance is reduced to the minimum required by the Digifant ignition/injection system, which is 2 kΩ, the resistance of the rotor into the distributor included, in a try for the hottest possible spark, (ante plasma).

Now I am going to determine the new value for the resistance, by the trial and error method, on the road, in order to have the coldest possible arc.

My ECU seems to be bulletproof, for the moment at least. I don't know what will be the behavior of the other systems ECUs, such as the climatronic, abs, edl, door locking, e.t.c..

The results of my

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6847[/ATTACH]
          (trip computer)

and of the emissions measurement are my next concern.
          (Yes, I know that I have to fight against the fuel enrichment caused by the reaction vs plasma of the ECU).

By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?
          Hey,
          X-rays yes.. feable quantity... Gamma rays!!!! no idea... extermely short wave X-rays would probably be called Gamma rays as well !!
          Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum says so...
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.
          'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• For a "having no idea" person, the knowledge of the "extremely short wave X-rays" which "would probably called Gamma rays as well !!" which he knows that it is said "by the Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum" seems to be a try for irony.

So keep it for your self.

Bye.

Rgds,
            no Faraday88.
            The Syncro Heresy

Comment

For a "having no idea" person, the knowledge of the "extremely short wave X-rays" which "would probably called Gamma rays as well !!" which he knows that it is said "by the Standard Electromagnetic Spectrum" seems to be a try for irony.

So keep it for your self.

Bye.

Rgds,
              no Faraday88.
              You are better at keeping your irony with you...
              i have dealt with giger muller counter and scintillation counter for over 18 years... so do'nt rant sarcasm with me.. you do'nt even know what differenciates the Gamma rays from the X-ray..what a pitty..
              Last edited by Faraday88; 04-01-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                i have dealt with giger muller counter and scintillation counter for over 18 years... so do'nt rant sarcasm with me.. you do'nt even know what differenciates the Gamma rays from the X-ray..what a pitty..
                Asking about the gamma rays, directly, means that I do not know what differentiates them from the x-rays... Yes, it seems logical, I accept that You are right. (What a pity).

You see, in many cases, suddenly, we recognize that we have to start from the basics.

Just as an instance, it is "Geiger–Müller tube" not "giger muller". ("differentiates" and not "differenciates", etc, etc).
                Last edited by Hellenic Vanagon; 04-02-2018, 01:55 AM.
                The Syncro Heresy

Comment

And this is your answer after your scientific experience for over 18 years:

"X-rays yes.. feable quantity... Gamma rays!!!! no idea... extermely short wave X-rays would probably be called Gamma rays as well..."

What a pity.
                  The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Asking about the gamma rays, directly, means that I do not know what differentiates them from the x-rays... Yes, it seems logical, I accept that You are right. (What a pity).

You see, in many cases, suddenly, we recognize that we have to start from the basics.

Just as an instance, it is "Geiger–Müller tube" not "giger muller". ("differentiates" and not "differenciates", etc, etc).
                    ..... and now you teach me English...you are way away from being a good teacher also.. you are not even good at being bad!!! God save you with mercy.. whether it is 'Tube' or 'sensor' its all the same... at least now you should dare to give me a 'logical' answer if you have any...??!!!
                    You have no experience with Ionization caused by Radiation such as UV, X-ray or the Gamma Rays.
                    can you explain why Infrared radiation cannot Ionize a gas? but the Radio Waves can!! despite of being in the low order of the frequeacy spectrum?? stop ranting your teachings and sarcastic remarks and stick to subject being discussed here.. im done talking to you..
                    Last edited by Faraday88; 04-02-2018, 04:57 AM.

Comment

..... and now you teach me English...you are way away from being a good teacher also.. you are not even good at being bad!!! God save you with mercy.. whether it is 'Tube' or 'sensor' its all the same... at least now you should dare to give me a 'logical' answer if you have any...??!!!
                      You have no experience with Ionization caused by Radiation such as UV, X-ray or the Gamma Rays.
                      can you explain why Infrared radiation cannot Ionize a gas? but the Radio Waves can!! despite of being in the low order of the frequeacy spectrum?? stop ranting your teachings and sarcastic remarks and stick to subject being discussed here.. im done talking to you..

I do not know, that is why I am asking: "By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?"

Is this a matter for sarcasm?

If you do not want to answer, because it sure that you know the answer, why you do not let someone else to answer? Please answer, (at least once).
                      The Syncro Heresy

Comment

I do not know, that is why I am asking: "By the way, are there any data for the gamma radiation, emitted by the plasma, as it operates in a car?"

Is this a matter for sarcasm?

If you do not want to answer, because it sure that you know the answer, why you do not let someone else to answer? Please answer, (at least once).
                        Very well.. the answer is 'NO' and i have stopped none form answering, the internet is wide open for all to search..its is so hypocritical that people look for an individual's opinion where the masses fail despite of being in the information age that we all are in.

Comment

Very well.. the answer is 'NO' and i have stopped none form answering, the internet is wide open for all to search..its is so hypocritical that people look for an individual's opinion where the masses fail despite of being in the information age that we all are in.
                          I came here to thank mr. Murakami for his revolutionary idea. It is the natural place to ask some information about the subject. So there is no way for hypocrisy, it is a matter of logical operation.

Hypocrisy is to present your self as one who is annoyed when, in reality, you are flattered.

The masses do not fail. They just follow their leaders which, despite the technological progress, remain primitive morally.

Thank you for your answer.
                          The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• The plasma is very full spectrum so very well could have those emissions - I can't verify anything. In an engine, even if there are, I see no way it will escape the engine block or head.

For bench tests, it is possible, but again, I don't know what the emissions are. I would like the answer to this as well.
                            Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                              The plasma is very full spectrum so very well could have those emissions - I can't verify anything. In an engine, even if there are, I see no way it will escape the engine block or head.

For bench tests, it is possible, but again, I don't know what the emissions are. I would like the answer to this as well.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Somewhere, in previous posts, a gentleman says that the radiation of gamma rays is huge using the plasma with a spark plug, equaled to a years dosage, from the nature, to few minutes, and that this kind of energy easily penetrates heavy armatures.

Any way, this does not terrify me hoping that, at these ultra high frequencies, the energy radiation is in a beaming pattern, so, when driving, the position of the engine is an important factor.

Please, can you elaborate a little bit on this thought?
                              The Syncro Heresy

Comment

• In the mean time, my Plasma mk II, (much stronger and perfectly timed arc), is coming!

The Syncro Heresy

Comment

Working...
                                X