This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch,
    Batteries are staying about the same. Will run more test to see. These two batteries have two different kinds of Alum which might be the difference. I'm going to test the Alum and see if I can tell if this is the difference. The first battery I used the Alum Tom C. said he used, the second is from your list. I think I've come up with an idea to test the potential of the Alum. Will try this test the next few days to see.
    Also the two graphs above are the same graph. I tried to up load two different ones.
    Lets see if this works!!!!!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alum Battery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	45907
    Click image for larger version

Name:	alum 75 ohm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	45906
    Linnie
    Last edited by lcstier; 11-26-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Branch,
      Could not tell any difference in the two Alum outside the one in your post is NOT slippery. I have ordered more Alum, I plan to empty the 4 chemical I made and rinse it many times let it dry out and make another 4 chemical with the new Alum I have coming. Will let you know how it does.
      Linnie

Comment

• Right on! Maybe you will have better results with the other alum.

Originally posted by lcstier View Post
        Branch,
        Could not tell any difference in the two Alum outside the one in your post is NOT slippery. I have ordered more Alum, I plan to empty the 4 chemical I made and rinse it many times let it dry out and make another 4 chemical with the new Alum I have coming. Will let you know how it does.
        Linnie

Comment

• Hi everyone, First post here. Just wondering whether I can use Potassium alum sulphate (ALK(SO4)2 12H2O) instead of alum with no potassium in it. Thanks, mcdaydavies.

Comment

• John B recommends the alum w/out potassium. If you want to try and stick to his method, then don't use the potassium alum. I don't understand the chemistry enough to tell you why.

Myspicesage.com is a great source for the alum.

Originally posted by mcdaydavies View Post
            Hi everyone, First post here. Just wondering whether I can use Potassium alum sulphate (ALK(SO4)2 12H2O) instead of alum with no potassium in it. Thanks, mcdaydavies.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply. I will go and order some normal alum. Thanks, mcdaydavies.
              Originally posted by Branch Gordon View Post
              John B recommends the alum w/out potassium. If you want to try and stick to his method, then don't use the potassium alum. I don't understand the chemistry enough to tell you why.

Myspicesage.com is a great source for the alum.

Comment

• Branch,
                Got another 4 chemical battery made this weekend, however won't be able to get much testing done till after the holidays. I'll post when I can.
                Linnie

Comment

• Linnie,
                  How's that battery coming along? I am playing with the straight alum/water and with alum and so4 mixed, need to do it on a good battery as I can not accurately test if I have a bed cell. I can get quite a discharge with a garden tractor sized battery if I keep the draw under an amp though. Aln

Comment

• Branch, aln and all
                    The second 4 chemical battery has had 10 charges w/ssg and 10 discharges with CBA with no improvement. It is stronger than the first 4 chemical but still a lot weaker
                    than the alum with a little h2so4 added. Sorry it has taken me so lot to post but the holidays has me behind. I will charge and discharge the second 4 chemical battery for another 10 or so charges/discharges and see if it improves. I'll report later.
                    Linnie

Comment

• Tom,
                      How about your battery, any luck with the hydrate mix?

Linnie,
                      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• My finial results of the four chemical Alum battery.
                        The Black line is a discharge of a Alum Battery with a small amount of h2so4
                        The Green line is discharge # 1 of the 4 chemical
                        The Blue line is discharge # 11 of the 4 chemical
                        The Red line is discharge # 20 of the 4 chemical
                        All charges where done on a ssg and discharged on a CBA at 200ma
                        I don’t see enough progress being made to continue with the 4 chemical.
                        I’m sure I’ve missed something in the mixing or it might be I don’t have
                        the exact chemicals JB used. There are a lot of variations in chemical mixes so
                        a CASS number would be helpful in finding the exact chemicals JB used.
                        It has been fun trying, hope this helps someone.
                        LinnieClick image for larger version

Name:	Alum1 Alum3 discharges.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	46121

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Linnie,
                          Has anyone had a go at the 4 chemical mix and seen better results than the simpler alum mixes?
                          Aln

Comment

• Wow! a lot to sift through

Looking for John B or anybody that has tried to charge these crystal cell batteries information

Comment

• Hi everybody:
                              What happened to the solid state example version of this battery? The one cooked in the kiln Mr. Bedini? It shrouded in mystery , that one looked like it would lock up a steady voltage and amperage isn't it? Dark crystal though , what alum mixed with some other dark compound ? At you at liberty to reveal this formulation? ...I do have something to contribute but it is taking a while but must wait a long while to measure results, but I'm going the same way as the one stated before...no water in it....Thx

Comment

• Diego,

the formula is proprietary and it is very toxic when wet, and when curing. I asked John about it last week and he said he is not going to make them, it is just too dangerous. He did one for proof of concept but is not going to make anymore.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
                                X