SG Oscillator Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Just adding more to the study mentioned by John K.. : Attempt to cause a a neon bulb to glow on Air-Coils,study if succesful.....doing what?????...... Radaint Electricity effect.
    its not easy...try and let the group know!if you find out.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-20-2013, 12:58 AM.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by acad14n
      I just received my coil from teslagenx (bifilar 20AWG, 23 AWG) measuring 7 Ohm, 13.8 Ohm. I want to use this for a pendulum like John showed in EFTV#2. I connected the coil to a ssg circuit on a 12V battery and noticed it self oscillates. I was not expecting that to happen as the trigger winding is connected across the base, emitter, through a resistor. MJL21194, 2 diodes, neon, and base resistor. John's coil appears quite large also and is bifilar (single winding, not multiple windings).
      I have converted several pc fans to radiant oscillators over the years. Is it not the same circuit with the pendulum?

Self oscillation stops if the trigger is disconnected, reconnected; starts again when the coils capacitance is discharged, or if the core is triggered with a magnet.
      Hi,
      im not sure of the exact circuit, but nonetheless you can still use the standard wheel circuit for the pendulum triggered variant. remember his wooden toy (gray colored) start as a pendulum and then is a standard spinning rod. what is significant with the pendulum is the impedance change shows up with charging and the period of oscillation.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
      X