This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stane View Post
    TomC one more question I need advice what is the best rpm ratio if I would like to drive litle generator (1400RPM 13,5-14.3 V )with my motor lets say 10 coiler??
    In one of john bedinis video he mentions that you can drive water pump with it I would use litle 24V DC motor for generator instead of water pump.

With regards Stane
    the load needs to be non reflective to the rpm as much as possible, you need to figure out what the best charging is for your machine, then calculate what your rpm is. then pulleys or something to your gen head to get the rpm you need for the voltage you want. remember he says little he means little.

if I were to use the monopole in this way I would use it for a circulation pump for an aquaponics system.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum, I need to buy an Descharge capacitor circuit from de Bedini Store, like I could to see en the Intermediate Handbook on 46 page:"Of course, these capacitor discharge circuits are for sale, and for the time being at least, remain the proprietary property of John's company." But I can't to find the correct way to order one, because in the John Bedini site It does't appear in "PRODUCTS" offer as well. Somebody could say to me how can I order one of these Discharge Capacitors circuit? Thank a lot for any help. HigaredaJL from Mexico City.

Comment

• Hi Tom,

I am struggling to find clear information on something. The build in the Intermediate handbook with the MOSFET cap dump has 3 windings: one trigger, one power, one charge. To build for larger batteries (larger systems), we still want to minimize current for maximum charging.
        1) In this case, we would add charge windings and tune for maximum efficiency as we go?
        2) Then, moving this to the multi-coil system, we would then add coils with one power winding and a comparable number of multiple charge lines to match the master coil windings?
        Am I in the ball park or is there a more general formula to follow here: power windings to charge windings ratio?

The cap dump setup with the bridge rectifier seems much more straight forward if you're going from the 8 filer SG energizer to a cap dump system: all power/charge lines go straight to the BR instead of directly to the charge battery and then through the BR to the dump circuit into the battery. But the build in the Intermediate handbook indicated with the MOSFETs is a bit of a different setup it seems.

Thanks for any guidance you can give here.

Chris M.

Comment

• Hi Tom,

As a follow up to my last post, I found this post of yours from some time ago and after my experimentation since then, I have some questions on some of your bullet points. I've added my questions at the end of each point:

Tom C: "for the rotored large coil machines, there are a few simple things"

1) 150FT 18 awg x8 wires fill up the spool, R60 welding rod core
          (no questions here)

2) scalar north config for the rotor
          (no questions here)

3) large bank on the back end minimum 1000 AH at 24 volts. (impedance big banks look like a capacitor) C 20 on the front end, so you want a front side bank with a minimum of 10 amp continous at C20
          (no questions here)

4) tune for spikes above 700 volts at least.
          (won't spikes that large pop the trannies? i worked on a large 10 coil with a friend a while back and we could never get the unit to run for very long because the MJLs kept getting blown and stopped kicking. boards were from JB (47ohms at the base, large POT on the trigger line) and the coils were as you note in 1) above. didn't have the big banks though.)

5) 40 to 50% duty cycle
          (no questions here)

6) use mjl transistors
          (got em)

7) pull minimum 1 amp per coil
          (thought we were tuning for maximum RPM/amp and that it will very between builds?)

8) run at higher voltages 24 volt minimum
          (no questions here)

9) run without cap discharge if you can
          (in light of this, my previous post was probably way off target. short and simple, why no cap dump on the large multi-coil systems? if its a transistor issue i plan to experiment with a spark gap)

10) run the primary off solar if you can....
          (no questions here)

11) ground to the earth...... battery negative to earth, open the loop minimum 8 foot ground rod, with o gauge wire to the ground plane. the earth is the biggest radiant collector there is, see if it makes a difference for you
          (makes perfect sense)

Kind regards,

Chris M.

Comment

• Chris,

1- the info on the coil specs were wrong. Ricks machines were 20 gauge wire, Ricks machine never performed well as designed. rJB's 10 coil has 4 strands of 18 awg at 1.2 ohms hich is around 130. intul recently all the moderators had was access to ricks stuff not to Johns. since the switch to this forum we have access to his machines directly and their specs. along with the SG books you are getting info from the machines themselves.

4- no they wont if your batteries are big enough and all trannies are matched AND the batteries are discharged. you need to add a 4.7K resistor with the neon that will help but if your batteries are fully charged you will start destroying things. those boards were not from JB and were not designed by him. they were designed by Rick.

7- with a 4 transistor build per coil, you get 250 milliamps per transistor, well with in spec on the SOA of the tranny... Jbs 10 coil pulls 10 amps at 24 volts. you can tune for less if you want.

a 10 coil machine produces pulses over 700 volts easily sometimes over 2000. that is way higher than any cap pulser can do with much more energy. a large battery bank has very low impedance so it almost automatically matches the back end to the coils. if you run the primary off solar you dont need to swich banks so all the radiant can be used in the battery.

info subject to change without notices
            Tom C

Comment

• Hi tom

Sorry for long no hear can you tell me are there any notes on conditiong of batterys in JB notes???
              or are the notes from rick OK

Comment

• peter lindemann's battery lecture details what he and JB figured out load testing and cycling batteries. it will open your eyes! there ar enot many notes on this you cycle the battery till you get it back to new then you keep cyclying it till it goes up. the gains only come from constant use, charging till the charge curve hits its upper "knee" and never letting them rest. the gains dissapear within 48 hours.

Tom C

Comment

• That reminds me of a question I had last week Tom. I went on vacation last week for 5 days...and during that time the batteries I've been testing with sat idle. Does that mean that any transformation or gains from my first few test runs are lost?

Let's say I run a battery through 30 runs...it ends up showing significantly more output than when it came off the shelf...and then I let it sit idle for a few months. Will it take the same amount of time to condition again?

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
                  peter lindemann's battery lecture details what he and JB figured out load testing and cycling batteries. it will open your eyes! there ar enot many notes on this you cycle the battery till you get it back to new then you keep cyclying it till it goes up. the gains only come from constant use, charging till the charge curve hits its upper "knee" and never letting them rest. the gains dissapear within 48 hours.

Tom C

Comment

• I dont know how long it will take, and I dont now how much gain you will lose, most likely all of it. and if your batteries are not on a pulse trickle charger they will sulfate and slowly die thru self discharge.
                    Tom C

Comment

• Hi tom

For the first time I heared this sentence: "ground to the earth...... battery negative to earth" which bateery charging bank or drive bank??? litle confused

with regards

Comment

• Hi All,
                        I've got my 5 coiler running.
                        It isn't pretty because I'm presently using wires instead of copper tubing for the busses.
                        15 superpole mags on a 10" delrin rotor.
                        At 12 volts she runs at 1270rpm when charging 24v bank. Amp draw is about 2.5A.
                        Charging has been poor when going striaght and with pulser.

The machines and the pulsers function well but the results are poor.

I've also been charging lawn and garden batts on my bike wheel to 16.2v lite peter said in battery secrets, and it seems to mess up about half of them. All new.
                        I feel that I need to get 1 to 1 charging or better on the bike wheel first.

I'll ask about my bike wheel on that thread and

Bro d
                        Last edited by brodonh; 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brodonh View Post
                          Hi All,
                          I've got my 5 coiler running.
                          It isn't pretty because I'm presently using wires instead of copper tubing for the busses.
                          15 superpole mags on a 10" delrin rotor.
                          At 12 volts she runs at 1270rpm when charging 24v bank. Amp draw is about 2.5A.
                          Charging has been poor when going striaght and with pulser.

The machines and the pulsers function well but the results are poor.

I've also been charging lawn and garden batts on my bike wheel to 16.2v lite peter said in battery secrets, and it seems to mess up about half of them. All new.
                          I feel that I need to get 1 to 1 charging or better on the bike wheel first.

I'll ask about my bike wheel on that thread and

Bro d
                          Hi All,

Hope to learn how to get my 5 coiler running better.

I have some used and abused 6volt golf cart batts and my 5 coiler is working on a pair of those at present.

The machine is cleaned up some with a more efficient buss and wiring setup.

I'll post pics soon.

So far the charging is not very good.

bro d

Comment

• Hey bro, when you say charging is poor what do you mean? Have you got some load testing results or CBA charge/discharge curve charts?

John K.

Comment

• Hi John,

I've got some golf cart batts that are questionable conditionwise.

I put one pair on the charger side and 4 days later it seemed to be stuck at 13.80v.

I put an 80 watt load on the pair and they were at 12.00v in a couple hours.

bad batts.

I have a 10A12 charger (came yesterday) and I'll try to rejuvinate what I can of the 8 golf cart batts that I have.

I will do what is needed batterywise. At this point I'm not sure what the machine likes regarding batt size.

I can buy new batts. I'm going for small solar system to run the five coiler with Bedini charge controller.

The sweet spot on the 5 coiler at 12v in, is about 2.1A.

The scope shot on the master coil looks like it is calling for more amps than the slaves.

I need to go over all this with you and Tom so it's tuned properly.

My coils are 7 pwr strands of #20 wire, 130ft.

Will have pics.

bro d

Comment

• Hi brodonh

I am glad that somebody has the same innbicions like me I allready bought new baterys I tryed all sorts of things with old ones to reyuvent them but with no succes.
                                My setup is allmoust the same like yours it is not finished jet but hope we can exchange data Click image for larger version

Name:	ODKLOP 021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	45767Click image for larger version

Name:	ODKLOP 031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	45768

P.S

I have 6 deepcycle bats of 225Ah (on pictures only 4)they are charged in apx. 30 hours but the only problem that I have is they dont want to charge over 14.10 V why???? dont know yet any ideas what is wrong with them??? becouse they are brand new 3 week old???
                                Last edited by stane; 08-22-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X