This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tom

I am geting my magnets for my skalar north rotor I will make it over a wikend do you have mybe any sugestions
    how to make it perferct that later on there would be no problems ???
    By the way I conected main buseends together becouse of indutance like you sugested.
    I will send pictures later. there is one more problem that I have I know that hafe of the sistem is energizer
    the other haf are the baterys at the moment I have only two of them maybe we can share few words about that?
    I have feeling that you are talking about bedini motors from experience.

with regards Stan

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
    the easiest way to match impedance is with a cap pulser on the back end. the cap is lower than the coils always, and then can dump easily to the storage battery.
    Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by stane View Post
      Hi Tom

I am geting my magnets for my skalar north rotor I will make it over a wikend do you have mybe any sugestions
      how to make it perferct that later on there would be no problems ???
      By the way I conected main buseends together becouse of indutance like you sugested.
      I will send pictures later. there is one more problem that I have I know that hafe of the sistem is energizer
      the other haf are the baterys at the moment I have only two of them maybe we can share few words about that?
      I have feeling that you are talking about bedini motors from experience.

with regards Stan

if you have a big energiser you need big batteries. you need to figure out your loads, and get your battery bank that size.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
        the easiest way to match impedance is with a cap pulser on the back end. the cap is lower than the coils always, and then can dump easily to the storage battery.
        Tom C
        Interesting. Can you explain this a little bit more, please? I'm trying to do a cpd mode to a SS inverted trigger oscillator powered by a 12 V regulated power supply, but dumping it's working only with a small 12V 250mA light bulb as load. With a battery as load, it's not working. It's the impedance mismatching the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
          Interesting. Can you explain this a little bit more, please? I'm trying to do a cpd mode to a SS inverted trigger oscillator powered by a 12 V regulated power supply, but dumping it's working only with a small 12V 250mA light bulb as load. With a battery as load, it's not working. It's the impedance mismatching the problem?
          Hi Axelxavier,
          what ckt are you using for the cap dump?
          Kind Regards,
          Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
            what he said...

Tom C

Comment

@Patrick, first of all, thank you for your reply. I did enjoyed watching your videos, and this it's actually a replica of your work, but with only a single transistor, and with smaller wires.
              About "ckt" - you mean capacity? I use a 10 uF/50 volt electrolitic tantalum capacitor. Schematic it's the same - I use a 2,2 Megaohm/2Wat pot, in series with one 100 ohm /2wat resistor and with a 12 volt/100 mAmp light bulb (to observe the current from the base of the transistor). Transistor is D209L (from a ancient computer power supply), but the oscillator worked also with a ST13007. Coil is twisted bifilar: 0,5mm trigger/0,7 mm power, ~27 m. length, with a R60 welding rod as a core (it worked also as a aircore, but frequency it's much higher... not sure if it's better or not). Unfortunately, I don't have an oscilloscope, so all the setup it's somehow... intuitive.
              One of the problem was the diode, I was using a 1n4148 instead of 1N4007 (on BE junction of the transistor), and now, after replacing with the 1N4007 diode, it's working, also, with battery, not only with light bulb as load.
              The dump charge, depending on frequency, is between 15-20 volts.
              I'm not sure if the dump (charge) should be more frequent, and with lower voltage, or more rare, and with higher voltage.
              Anyway, when discharging frequency it's rare, the mAmp draw it's quite low (2~10 mA), but battery charges forever. With higher frequency of the discharge, charging it's a lot faster, current draw it's also higher... but I'm not sure if it's a radiant or a conventional charge.
              In your videos, it's seems like even for slower frequency discharging capacitor, voltage spikes looks to be quite strong - maybe 60-80 volts?
              What it's your opinion on this?
              here are some quick pics:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	_ IMG_1824.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	44794 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ IMG_1826.JPG
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	44795 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ IMG_1828.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	44798 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ IMG_1835.JPG
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	44796 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ IMG_1836.JPG
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	44797

and, also a short video:

Last edited by axxelxavier; 09-22-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Tom C

Need litle help on my skalar north pol bedini motor.
                the rotor is turning but I need to push it realy hard to start turning and even after it starts the speed is not as high as with normal north pol? whay ??? I just cant figure it out I have 200Ah batery at the end

P.S I did close the loop on the charge battery positive as you sugested and the charging time of batery did go down

with regards stan

Comment

stane, this is normal. Is the charging any better?

John K.

Comment

hi John

I dont know jet if charging is better I dident write my results to paper jet but I am wondering if there is any sugestion how to chek if machine is tuned right this is my first scalar north rotor chalange ?
                    I will send few pictures later on.

with regards stan

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                    stane, this is normal. Is the charging any better?

John K.

Comment

hi John

I dont know jet if charging is better I dident write my results to paper jet but I am wondering if there is any sugestion how to chek if machine is tuned right this is my first scalar north rotor chalange ?
                      I will send few pictures later on.

with regards stan
                      stane, the tuning is no different to the normal rotor - highest RPM for the lowest current draw.

You will probably find that the base resistance is lower than normal because the narrow North beam doesn't generate as much current into the trigger winding.

John K.

Comment

Hi Tom C

Need litle help on my skalar north pol bedini motor.
                        the rotor is turning but I need to push it realy hard to start turning and even after it starts the speed is not as high as with normal north pol? whay ??? I just cant figure it out I have 200Ah batery at the end

P.S I did close the loop on the charge battery positive as you sugested and the charging time of batery did go down

with regards stan
                        yea like john said tuning is the same, coil distance may change a bit. take a piece of welding rod or a screwdriver and slowly lower it over the center of the beam, then move it back and forth across the beam. you can feel where it starts to react with the rodthat is a good point for coil distance. that was how we saw JB set the distance on raplh's 6 coil.

Tom C

Comment

Hi tomC

Is this point maybe closer to the rotor or farder? if I am compering normal north rotor or super north rotor?
                          I have filing that mine is closer around 2mm!!! is that posible??

With regards stan

Comment

Hi tomC

Is this point maybe closer to the rotor or farder? if I am compering normal north rotor or super north rotor?
                            I have filing that mine is closer around 2mm!!! is that posible??

With regards stan
                            I dont know.... you have to do what I said and measure the magnetic beam coming off the scalar north rotor and see where it interacts. set your coil core just inside the edge of that field.

Tom C

Comment

Tom, I just noticed the new site at the end of your post. I have sent this site to all my friends. Very cool!
                              Can't wait!!!

Les

Comment

Originally posted by LesK View Post
                                Tom, I just noticed the new site at the end of your post. I have sent this site to all my friends. Very cool!
                                Can't wait!!!

Les
                                thanks les, it will be a while before we get a full head of steam over there, I am not a wizard with HTML, I have a graphics person working on logos right now.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                                X