Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyroscopic Mechanisms [Related Components, Geometry, Mass, Atmospheric Pressure]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyroscopic Mechanisms [Related Components, Geometry, Mass, Atmospheric Pressure]

Gyroscopic Mechanisms [Related Components, Geometry, Mass, Atmospheric Pressure]

A Presentation On Gyroscopic Effects By Professor Eric Laithwaite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpCEJxO6V9g

In the demonstration at 35:23 he demonstrates the gyroscope suspended on a string moving in a wide orbit (around the strings suspension point) while the gyroscope is rotating. The gyroscope at this point is at a high RPM and the gyroscopes axle is perpendicular to the string. Later in the same demonstration the gyroscope's orbit (around the strings suspension point) is less wide (smaller), while the RPM of the gyroscope is significantly less by comparison to the first example (with a wide orbit), however the gyroscope remains perpendicular to the string.

In other words the orbit being large and the RPM being high and the orbit being small with a low RPM both result in the same position of the gyroscope (perpendicular to the string).

Has anyone got any further related comments on this demonstration by Eric Laithwaite?
    Last edited by Sam J Batchelar; 01-10-2017, 08:09 AM. Reason: Posted in Wrong Section

I enjoyed this book not a college level book but a fun read

https://www.amazon.com/Rotational-Dy...ional+dynamics

and this one

https://www.amazon.com/Gyroscopic-Th...oscopic+theory

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Originally posted by Handy andy
      This is incredibly interesting, stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpCEJxO6V9g

The whole video makes me think. I did not know he had worked on Magnetic levitation systems.

Space has inertia, as do gravitional forces. F=m.g, F = m.a, is for DC in electrical terms. V= I.R, more completely V=I.Z, Force and Potential can be viewed as the same thing.

V = R.i + L.di/dt + C. integral i.dt ,

F = m.a + m.da/dt + m. integral a.dt

I need to have a deep think and. Do you have any of laithwaites maths he mentioned.

Hey Andy,

In the demonstration at 35:23 his mechanism is defiantly not magnetic or electric when it is functioning. It is simply a rotating gyroscope on the end of a string. Although there is a documentary about the Eric Laithwaite where he develops a magnetic levitation system, show levitating a metal ball, the clip is at the end of the documentary.

I do not have any of the maths related to the presentation on gyroscopes although if you wish I can provide you with some of my own related to the 35:23 demonstration.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Handy andy
        My reference to the magnetic levitation stuff was because as an engineer Laithwaite worked on it. It was first developed by British Rail before it was privatised up the road from Leeds in York I believe, where they used to do some research work, in the days when the rail service was affordable in the UK. The technology was sold to the Japanese who went on and developed it. They now have an excellent rail service whereas the British have not.

If you have some maths on the Gyro I would appreciate it, The book Tom recommended above only goes over basic rotational physics. Dont be concerned about using scary maths, I still understand it from school.

http://www.real-world-physics-proble...e-physics.html

I found this link which may be useful.

Hi Andy,

My gyroscopic physics is based upon a slightly different set of underlying principles.

The fundamental and most important is that one side of a gyroscope/circular disc moving forwards through space while rotating moves at a slower speed that the velocity of the gyroscopes/disc central point while the other side moves at a greater velocity that the gyroscope's/disc's central point. Ultimately the gyroscope/disc's central point moves at the same velocity as all point on the gyroscope/disc do when it is not rotating. However upon addition of rotation from the previously stated setup the only point on the gyroscope/disc which remains at its previous velocity into rotation is the central point.

Comment

Someone produced a design which consisted of

1. A square platform, about 2 foot square
          2. Motors and flywheels mounted on the edges of this square, turning in same direction, plane parallel to edge.
          3. The entire system is made to rotate in its plane
          4. The entire system then loses weight.

Can anyone find this work? Does anyone know how to calculate the weight loss as a function of the flywheel masses, rotational spee4ds etc?

Comment

[QUOTE=wrtner;25542]Someone produced a design which consisted of
            Last edited by Sam J Batchelar; 03-18-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

These mechanisms are dependent upon rotation of a disc which is moving upon a curved trajectory. The device you have mentioned rely's upon the curved trajectory of the planet, upon rotation of the flywheels the mass of the vehicle is effected. Gravity then shall exert a different quantity of force upon the flywheel when its mass is lower so as to allow it to fall at the same rate. However when the object is prevented from falling the actual force exerted on the flywheel can be measured. The direction (clockwise or counter clockwise) the flywheel rotates determines weather the mass increases or decreases as a result of either manipulation of curvature (of trajectory) or RPM.

Comment

Just skimming through patents and found this one: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140263846A1/en
                Looks like it may be somewhat related to this thread being that it uses mechanical amplification.

If you look up patents just within the past two decades you will find many that I believe that relate to what we are studying here. There is everything from electrogravitics, to fusion reactors, to mechanical amplifiers. Open your eyes people. We, the general population, are way behind. Maybe people like Corey Goode and David Wilcock really aren't crazy after all.

There is a company (Elwha LLC) out of Bellevue Washington doing some very interesting things with graphene layers (many patents). The group has backing from Bill Gates on some projects. Graphene will be what the majority of switching devices will be made of here in the near future with switching times greater than the current silicone based semiconductor devices.

This is an expired patent from 2004 :https://patents.google.com/patent/US...9%2f001&page=5 It is a power generation system that utilizes the Tesla Turbine.

Doug
                Last edited by DMANN; 03-02-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X