No announcement yet.

Dr Robert Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Γεια σας Κόστα και σας ευχαριστώ για τα καλά σας λόγια. I hope I said that right.
    When I was browsing Magnetic Therapy and devices I found abundance of projects, research and applications. There are companies such as Canadian SOTA and European - German, Russian who build and sell them. Except SOTA, which sells devices for personal use many others are available mainly to the clinics or practitioners. Couple thousand dollars isn't the price tag affordable to the average person. I guess, I'm way below an average since I couldn't afford even SOTA products which lead me to more research and development of this abandoned/neglected technology for benefit of people like myself.
    I liked Bratton idea of stepping up input by means of voltage doubler since I was looking for ways to keep high voltage out of this design. 60-70V being separated from mains fits the bill. I decided to use gate driver for Mosfets instead of transistor buffer and I'm able to pulse up to 5Hz without heatsinks. My current Mosftets are IRF640 but they'll be replaced with a pair of STP78N75. They can handle 70V and continuous current of 80A. I'm running on 30V PSU at the moment and have only one 10,000uF capacitor hooked up. I also have only 1mH 18ga coil connected but it is capable of lifting weight of double large ceramic magnet off its face. I need to wind another coil or two and compare results but from what I see right now it suppose to work well.
    I'll be interested in PM documents you have.

Thank you
    Vtech

Comment

• Kostas, I forgot to address an issue you have mentioned in your post. About those clad resistors. They suppose to limit the current to the capacitor bank and will get hot even at slow pulsing rate. A light bulb is much better because it has dynamic impedance which increases with more current running through. The way it works is like a "soft" valve, while resistor impedance is pretty much constant (to the point when it starts to burn). For personal use it is ok. and even salvaged microwave bulb works but I cannot use this option in the device I stand behind. My father (scientist) would raise from the grave and slap me for doing such thing. I'll get this done and make sure it is safe to use and efficient in what it suppose to do.

Thanks
      Vtech

Comment

• I just noticed something during assembling pcb's for Dr Beck BE/CS units. I recently ordered some small ceramic capacitors (100nF) since I need one for timer circuit and one for an oscillator part. In Oscillator (LM358) this cap is responsible for pulsing frequency, together with resistors. After assembling I notice pulse rate being higher and scope showed not so pretty square wave at 12-13Hz. I measured several of them and they all have between 94 - 97nF, which is ok but for some reason in the circuit they don't perform as such. Once replaced with polypropylene cap everything works as it should. I got them from Canadian supplier and never had such issue before. Just thought to share this since there maybe others running into the same problem.

Vtech

Comment

• Testing new models with timer -
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Timer test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	45377

Vtech

Comment

• Website with some good information regarding CS,CG, Ozone and more - Medical Colloidal Silver: Colloids | Ions & Charged Particles | Information | Studies | Research | News | Alternative Medicine
            Also, another way of making constant current circuit - http://www.colloidalsilver.com.au/Ne...LIMIT_BIG.jpeg

Vtech
            Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• I should have Brain Synchronizer boards done by friday, next week and hopefully assembled and tested during the weekend.
              I'll update when done.

I'm thinking about CS generator allowing to make colloid quicker and with adjustable ppm. Wouldn't be nice to turn it on, set at 5ppm and be alerted when it is done? It would require sort of hot plate with stirrer with the exception that neither high speed nor high temperature is required. Small DC motor with attached rotor and couple magnets should do the job. A light bulb under the glass top and magnetic stirrer should also work. I'm talking at relatively low temp. not boiling it.
              What I need to figure out is to combine constant current with conductivity meter.

My constant jumping from one project to another is a result of waiting for ordered components. Once something arrives I can resume work on it. I can't just sit and wait doing nothing.

Vtech
              Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-24-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• I just thought to post couple pics for those who got Dr Beck pcb from me. I hope it will help with assembling device. Also, couple pics for those who bought the device -
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Socket+Pot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	45404Click image for larger version

Name:	Beck Kit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	45405Click image for larger version

Name:	CS Cover assembly.JPG
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	45406Click image for larger version

Name:	CS Setup.JPG
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	45407Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Panel.JPG
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	45408

Thank you
                Vtech

Comment

• There is a limit of 5 attachments per post so this is the remaining one - Click image for larger version

Name:	pcb assembly diagram.JPG
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	45409

Vtech

Comment

• Hello All.

This is Magnetic Pulser I'm working on. It works as cap pulser too Mosfets can be substituted with stronger STP120. First number is its A rating and the second is max V. I'll use perfect layer air coil 3.0mH - 5.0mH. I need to experiment further.
                    Gate resistors need to be adjusted as well. I'm planning to use toroidal transformer 110AC/24+24VAC 150W due to the "low profile". I want to put everything in the enclosure not higher than 3" to make entire device small and portable.
                    More to follow.

Thanks
                    VtechClick image for larger version

Name:	PULSER.JPG
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	45430

Comment

• Just a quick update from my test bench; If you replace 47k resistor in MP circuit with 470k your pulsing frequency range will be adjustable from 1 - 4pps. This is the range which I'm planning to use in high power version.
                      Low power will operate throughout entire range of brain waves up to 25pps but with use of much weaker magnetic field.
                      For 1pps rate even 40W transformer is enough. I use Honeywell AT72D, 110VAC/24VAC with voltage doubler and 22,000uF combined capacitance. Doubler diodes are FUF 5404 but other will also work. Pulse monitoring LED can be connected between pin3 of 555 (with 220R resistor in series) and positive rail or across the coil terminals with 5.6k resistor in series. Polarity of LED should be the same as transient suppressor diode.

Will update further when air inductors arrive. My 1mH AWG#18 coil gets hot (80C at 4pps within 7min) but allows to operate 20min on the slowest pulse without overheating. They will be fully enclosed and I need to make sure the handset will remain cool to operate for at least 20min. I'm hoping to add a thermal protection based on OP-AMP and thermistor which will turn unit down once set temp. is reached.

I just noticed one thing in the schematics: 1uF cap between pin2 and ground/pin1 of 555 should be marked as polarized (electrolytic) and it is the best to use tantalum type.

Thanks and enjoy long weekend

Vtech
                      Last edited by blackchisel97; 03-30-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• I've made a short YT clip, sort of video update to MP prototype I'm working on. It is processing now and it should become available in about 20min - http://youtu.be/mcFVhpBA3T0
                        More details in the description. This is the same circuit which I posted earlier.

Thanks
                        Vtech

Comment

• Hi Vtech,

What is the voltage of 10.000 uF capacitors?

Comment

• Originally posted by metaxa1948 View Post
                            Hi Vtech,

What is the voltage of 10.000 uF capacitors?
                            I used 35V but this is just on the mark. In version with voltage doubler each cap will get charged to the half of total DC which can be calculated as AC x square root of 2 (1.41). If you're running from 24AC each cap will "see" approx. 34VDC so they should be rated at least 40VDC (50 would be better). If you planning to use single bridge and 2 x 24VAC transformer than single cap should be rated at least 80VDC. Closest value will be 100VDC.

Vtech
                            Last edited by blackchisel97; 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Thanx Vtech

Comment

• Hello and congratulations for the excellent job you have done here! I would like to ask a few things about the brain tuner circuit. I'm trying to overcome a hormone imbalance issue and this device I think would be the best option for my case! So, I ordered all the parts and also the 42tm006-r (the label writes tm006-r) transformer but this small transformer has 6 pins instead of 5 I can see on the schematic. So how do I connect it? I took a look at the datasheet and saw that the legs are numbered and I thought if somebody had the kindness to post a schematic with the corresponding legs of tm006 on it so it could be easier for me to understand it...And question number 2, do I have to leave the dummy 1.3k load on it when I connect the electrodes? Or the electrodes go where the dummy load is and replace it? Thank you very much in advance for any help!
                                Last edited by Algorythm; 04-02-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X