Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
      Hi Aaron,
      Excellent presentation!!, What is need for a Dual system in specific..?
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Hi Aaron,
        Excellent presentation!!, What is need for a Dual system in specific..?
        Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        Thanks, it is for an experimental gas engine that has 2 pistons. They're 180 degrees out of phase and need a spark that flip flops back and forth.

This was the easiest and quickest way for me to do it.

This is just a prototype for that engine.

I'll have to miniaturize all of this so it works with 1 unit and draws way less energy.

It really only has to discharge once per cycle and not 6-7 at low rpms. Nice to have that, but for this application, the power supply cannot be too big.
        Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 04-21-2016, 01:04 PM.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Thanks, it is for an experimental gas engine that has 2 pistons. They're 180 degrees out of phase and need a spark that flip flops back and forth.

This was the easiest and quickest way for me to do it.

This is just a prototype for that engine.

I'll have to miniaturize all of this so it works with 1 unit and draws way less energy.

It really only has to discharge once per cycle and not 6-7 at low rpms. Nice to have that, but for this application, the power supply has to be too big.
          Hi Aaron,
          Thanks for the brief explanation...whats the progress on your Nitrogen Pulse jet Engine! really eager to know its basis on Stan's Secret for the Water fuel injector.
          Rgds,
          Faraday88.

Comment

• Tonight midnight-2am Coast to Coast AM radio - plasma ignition, water fuel, free energy, etc.

https://twitter.com/richardsyrett/st...66205067255812
            Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 04-30-2016, 06:07 PM.
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Status

Hello all; how are you? I am fine.

And I'm listening to the radio this evening to discover this "Aaron" person talking about such weird strangeness as plasma ignition systems...
              So; I come here and discover a whole new series of responses since my last update and I do need to review all that.

I did try a couple tests last week and was able to get the engine to fire a few times with the output from the 120v hho cell but unable to obtain continuous idle in these initial tests.

I have also observed that when operating this dry cell at higher power levels; a lot of the electrolyte is being pushed out of the cell and back up into the tank so I think the cell may have flow and electrolyte starvation issues simply due to port and tube sizes...
              Also; unknown the quality of the HHO. Is possible that cell is producing a lot of steam and I don't have gas analysis equipment to analyze the actual gas content.

From what I know about flat plate cells, the larger systems are usually 'flooded' plates sitting in a tank that simply allows gas to rise off the plates into a central cavity above the plates versus this dry cell design that just has a hole drilled through the plates. So I do believe this dry is in fact starving for electrolyte at higher power levels as if I need to actually pump the electrolyte through it to keep the plates saturated.

I have heard that this small engine will require somewhere around 10-12 LPM so I am working on building a measuring device for gas output but, once again; output volume is entirely different from gas quality that I might be getting from this dry cell which, according the manufacturer is rated for "5-10+ LPM".

I have questioned from the beginning whether or not a dry cell is the way to go and I just tried the dry cell because it's very easy to work with versus assembling a wet cell system.
              I do have a tubular wet cell on hand but have not yet done anything with it and I do believe that a resonance is the ultimate goal and I believe a tubular wet cell is the way to go for a resonant HHO system.

So I do intend to work more with tubular wet cell options.

And of course, would still like to continue pursuing the possibilities of operating without need of an HHO cell at all.
              I did learn from Aaron that a lower resistance ignition coil can certainly help.
              The existing coil is 1.5 ohms but Aaron has pointed out that he found a lower resistance coil at .32 ohm so I will install one of these and continue with whatever experiments I can work with from now on.

That is all for now.

Kindest regards;

}:>

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch View Post
                And I'm listening to the radio this evening to discover this "Aaron" person talking about such weird strangeness as plasma ignition systems...
                So; I come here and discover a whole new series of responses since my last update and I do need to review all that.

I did learn from Aaron that a lower resistance ignition coil can certainly help.
                The existing coil is 1.5 ohms but Aaron has pointed out that he found a lower resistance coil at .32 ohm so I will install one of these and continue with whatever experiments I can work with from now on.
                Awesome!

For the coils, this canister type is 45kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q363XM
                This type is 60kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q2PKNM

Both are 0.32 ohms primary from same company. I have both but haven't used the 60kv one yet.
                Aaron Murakami

Comment

Awesome!

For the coils, this canister type is 45kv: http://feelthevibe.com/amazon/B002Q363XM

Both are 0.32 ohms primary from same company. I have both but haven't used the 60kv one yet.
                  Hi Aaron,
                  They remind me of the E.H.T coil for the CRT based Television
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

• Hello Gentlemen,

I'm new here so please excuse my basic questions.

I admit I have not bought the Ignition Secrets book ... yet, but I will. However I have read part of this thread and that's where my questions begin. It starts out talking about mosfet's etc which I have no understanding of, among many of the other topics in this thread. So my questions are:

Do I need a strong electrical engineering understanding to implement the ideas of the Ignition Secrets book? Other than identifying a few basic electrical components, my electrical knowledge doesn't go much beyond replacing the points and condenser in my distributor.

Will this plasma ignition system work in a standard 60's International dump truck engine that uses a Delco or Holley points type of distributor?

Judging by the size of the spark, won't this quickly burn up the points in a distributor or are the points somehow bypassed?

Has anyone actually used this ignition system in real life, or is it still mostly experimental? I've seen lots of videos of it set up on a test board or connected to small engines, but is there a link you can share where someone has before and after pictures of its implementation on a V8 truck engine with some real-life data to back it up, such as "I got 9 mpg before I installed the plasma ignition and now I get 17 mpg with this different carb jet number" or something like that?

I've read that the engine runs cooler, but I also read somewhere this ignition will quickly destroy an engine - can this plasma ignition burn a hole through a piston or in any other way damage an engine when used hard for extended periods of time? I only have 15k miles on a very expensive engine rebuild and I will be very disappointed if I can't get 300k miles of use out of this engine again. Links to real-life plasma ignition system implementations would be very appreciated, not just test boards or light-duty motor cycles or lawn mowers would be very appreciated.

Also there was talk about the need to step up the voltage for this system to work - would it be possible to just tap into the vehicle's alternator output before its rectifiers then use a simple step-up transformer?

Finally is this system as reliable as the mechanical point ignition system I now have? Extreme reliability with improved gas mileage is my goal with this system. Under-hood temperatures can be in the hundreds of degrees and we had -15*F nights this past winter.

I'll study the book carefully and thoroughly if this is all spelled out in the book, but I also don't have time for this right now if its still all experimental. Please let me know.

And thank you for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by odSteve View Post
                      Do I need a strong electrical engineering understanding to implement the ideas of the Ignition Secrets book? Other than identifying a few basic electrical components, my electrical knowledge doesn't go much beyond replacing the points and condenser in my distributor.

Will this plasma ignition system work in a standard 60's International dump truck engine that uses a Delco or Holley points type of distributor?

Judging by the size of the spark, won't this quickly burn up the points in a distributor or are the points somehow bypassed?

Has anyone actually used this ignition system in real life, or is it still mostly experimental? I've seen lots of videos of it set up on a test board or connected to small engines, but is there a link you can share where someone has before and after pictures of its implementation on a V8 truck engine with some real-life data to back it up, such as "I got 9 mpg before I installed the plasma ignition and now I get 17 mpg with this different carb jet number" or something like that?

I've read that the engine runs cooler, but I also read somewhere this ignition will quickly destroy an engine - can this plasma ignition burn a hole through a piston or in any other way damage an engine when used hard for extended periods of time? I only have 15k miles on a very expensive engine rebuild and I will be very disappointed if I can't get 300k miles of use out of this engine again. Links to real-life plasma ignition system implementations would be very appreciated, not just test boards or light-duty motor cycles or lawn mowers would be very appreciated.

Also there was talk about the need to step up the voltage for this system to work - would it be possible to just tap into the vehicle's alternator output before its rectifiers then use a simple step-up transformer?

Finally is this system as reliable as the mechanical point ignition system I now have? Extreme reliability with improved gas mileage is my goal with this system. Under-hood temperatures can be in the hundreds of degrees and we had -15*F nights this past winter.

I'll study the book carefully and thoroughly if this is all spelled out in the book, but I also don't have time for this right now if its still all experimental. Please let me know.

And thank you for your help.
                      You don't need an electrical background if you simply use an off the shelf CDI/MSD intended for or at least compatible with your engine. You simply hook that up based on the manufacturers diagram and then add the HV diodes in the correct place and that's it. Super simple on an analog ignition system.

No plasma happens in the dist. cap. - it is bypassed and plasma only happens at the plugs.

Most people have only bench tested it but a handful have put it on vehicles including myself. I put it on a EJ25 Subaru engine just to prove it can be done with a wasted spark ignition coil pack setup. I proved the point and then removed it because I'm not interested in doing a bunch of mods to get around the computer sabotage. One member of Energetic Forum Gmeast put it on his VW 1300cc Bug and got a 43% increase in mileage and about a 100F drop in temperature. He leaned out his carb, dripped water on his exhaust manifold and used a cowling to duct the steam into the intake. My interest is gas generator sets and not vehicles.

The only way for the plasma to damage the engine is if the plasma is way to big - it grows bigger under compressed air so what you see on the bench gets bigger in an engine. That is why I only stick with the stock caps inside of off the shelf CDI/MSD units, which have fairly small capacitance caps to be able to be charged up at high speeds. I've make larger than golf ball size plasma bursts from a plug on the bench, but that is just to see what the possibilities were. That size plasma can run an engine just on water, but while destroying the engine at the same time. So again, stay with the caps in the off the shelf cdi/msd units.

This is of course all at your own risk - I'm simply bringing this technology to the awareness of the public and can't be responsible for any damage.

The only thing that will wear out quick are the plugs, they need to be non-resistor plugs and some last longer than others. I was just turned onto some iridium non resistor plugs and want to test those - might be the best plugs compatible with the plasma so far.

12v into a coil will step up to a high voltage spark - with the MSD or CDI, it is several hundred volts stepped up into the coil instead of 12v so there is going to be an even higher spark voltage. That is what the capacitive discharge does so that is already covered. My method is using a cap discharge, while the antiquated method of doing the plasma was using a separate cap charger to simply put the cap in parallel with the spark gap. Mine is superior to that because you can just buy an off the shelf unit, you have a higher initiating voltage and it is more reliable especially if there are high compression high performance applications.

The system is not a replacement for your mechanical points - those will still be used to tell the system when to fire.

I don't know if you're engine is hard to start in the winter, but this plasma will start ethanol is sub freezing temps so with that being the case, it is probably the world's most reliable ignition for starting engines in cold temps. If it can do that with ethanol, gasoline is a non-issue in any temp.

I hope that helps.
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Hey Aaron. Thank you for the product links.

I think I will obtain the 60Kv version since it's a 'dry' coil that will bolt right up without changing any mounting or wire connections.
                        Haven't done much of anything for quite some time now due to other other priorities and distractions around here.

I did acquire some parts to perform some testing of the HHO system such as a graduated beaker to measure output volume and a torch made for HHO to test quality of gas which is needed because a high volume of output is not necessarily a usable gas if the output is just a lot of steam...

And this is where I am at now but still have several other projects that have been set off all winter that I really need to complete so I can move on to these other alternative energy experiments.
                        And I do keep wondering if anybody else has actually been to able replicate a water engine system? Sure would like to see some new videos...

Kindest regards;

}:>

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                        Awesome!

Comment

You don't need an electrical background if you simply use an off the shelf CDI/MSD intended for or at least compatible with your engine. You simply hook that up based on the manufacturers diagram and then add the HV diodes in the correct place and that's it. Super simple on an analog ignition system.

No plasma happens in the dist. cap. - it is bypassed and plasma only happens at the plugs.

Most people have only bench tested it but a handful have put it on vehicles including myself. I put it on a EJ25 Subaru engine just to prove it can be done with a wasted spark ignition coil pack setup. I proved the point and then removed it because I'm not interested in doing a bunch of mods to get around the computer sabotage. One member of Energetic Forum Gmeast put it on his VW 1300cc Bug and got a 43% increase in mileage and about a 100F drop in temperature. He leaned out his carb, dripped water on his exhaust manifold and used a cowling to duct the steam into the intake. My interest is gas generator sets and not vehicles.

The only way for the plasma to damage the engine is if the plasma is way to big - it grows bigger under compressed air so what you see on the bench gets bigger in an engine. That is why I only stick with the stock caps inside of off the shelf CDI/MSD units, which have fairly small capacitance caps to be able to be charged up at high speeds. I've make larger than golf ball size plasma bursts from a plug on the bench, but that is just to see what the possibilities were. That size plasma can run an engine just on water, but while destroying the engine at the same time. So again, stay with the caps in the off the shelf cdi/msd units.

This is of course all at your own risk - I'm simply bringing this technology to the awareness of the public and can't be responsible for any damage.

The only thing that will wear out quick are the plugs, they need to be non-resistor plugs and some last longer than others. I was just turned onto some iridium non resistor plugs and want to test those - might be the best plugs compatible with the plasma so far.

12v into a coil will step up to a high voltage spark - with the MSD or CDI, it is several hundred volts stepped up into the coil instead of 12v so there is going to be an even higher spark voltage. That is what the capacitive discharge does so that is already covered. My method is using a cap discharge, while the antiquated method of doing the plasma was using a separate cap charger to simply put the cap in parallel with the spark gap. Mine is superior to that because you can just buy an off the shelf unit, you have a higher initiating voltage and it is more reliable especially if there are high compression high performance applications.

The system is not a replacement for your mechanical points - those will still be used to tell the system when to fire.

I don't know if you're engine is hard to start in the winter, but this plasma will start ethanol is sub freezing temps so with that being the case, it is probably the world's most reliable ignition for starting engines in cold temps. If it can do that with ethanol, gasoline is a non-issue in any temp.

I hope that helps.
                          Thank you. sir. Yes it does help.
                          I will be purchasing your ebook to study carefully. I really appreciate you being here to answer questions. That adds immeasurably to your credibility.
                          But two other points really caught my attention too ... the ability to run an engine on water and your interest in using it for gas generator systems.
                          But I have to ask - what causes the engine to self-destruct when run on water? Is it that there is no equivalent to "octane" to slow the explosion so it just hammers the piston and bearings, or is it too hot and burns through the pistons? I can see the possibility of needing custom steel pistons if its just too hot, but I'd have to give it some thought as to how to slow down the explosion if that's the problem. Perhaps a custom hi-revving two stroke engine might help with that some... just thinking aloud and getting excited about the possibilities....

Comment

I will be purchasing your ebook to study carefully. I really appreciate you being here to answer questions. That adds immeasurably to your credibility.
                            But two other points really caught my attention too ... the ability to run an engine on water and your interest in using it for gas generator systems.
                            But I have to ask - what causes the engine to self-destruct when run on water? Is it that there is no equivalent to "octane" to slow the explosion so it just hammers the piston and bearings, or is it too hot and burns through the pistons? I can see the possibility of needing custom steel pistons if its just too hot, but I'd have to give it some thought as to how to slow down the explosion if that's the problem. Perhaps a custom hi-revving two stroke engine might help with that some... just thinking aloud and getting excited about the possibilities....
                            if you have more of 'Parahydroxy' added to 'Orthohydroxy' you can slow down the explosion..Stanley Meyer did the opposite by adding non-combustible gases and Recycling the used Hydroxy gas to slow down the Burn rate of the hydroxy gas meant for heating purposes. Xogen power Inc. elaborates the procedure to produce the above two at will
                            and so does Stan's Patent Voltage Wave guides for the Resonant Cavities to produce more Heat and less force(Explosion) and vice-versa.
                            Rgds,
                            Faraday88.

Comment

Much of this quest was someone claiming to run a car on water, when looking at the convoluted diagram, it became apparent he was using the rectified AC output to jump across the spark gap to cause the plasma. I have no doubt he really did have a v8 running on water using that method. But that size plasma is so big it will explode pieces of metal from the plug and that will probably scratch up the cylinder lining, etc. Revizal was the first that I saw put the plasma on a bike engine and using nothing more than tap water, could get it to run for about 5-10 seconds. That plasma was also using caps much bigger than what you'd find in an off the shelf cdi/msd. That is the bigger problem compared to the pure detonation of the hydrogen shocking the engine.

The only engine I know of suitable for detonation is Bourke Engine (free piston engine) - otherwise, detonation is no problem in a turbine or in a rocket fuel application.

Nitrogen can slow the hydrogen explosion and that is what Meyer was doing - at minimum, read the description on http://waterfuelsecrets.com - lowers temp and flame speed so it burns more like gasoline. That is what makes hydrogen suitable for a normal piston engine.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• I put a 60kv coil in my car and I cut the ground straps off the spark plugs and it still fires, been running it like that for a year and felt a noticeable increase it power. gap sits at 100 thousands

Comment

Working...
                                X