• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vallentin View Post
    Hi, Ren
    Did I miss something here?
    Hi Vallentin,

Perhaps. Im still catching up myself. The comparator circuit was talked about in the Ferris Wheel thread over on Energetic forum. Ron posted his schematic over there. My basic understanding is that it is a Cap dumping circuit which is triggered when the voltage in the capacitor reaches a pre determined level. Beyond that I am still a little hazy. Perhaps someone who is more familiar with it could expand on its functions.

Regards

Shan

Comment

Thanks, Ren.

Comment

Hi Shan and Ron,

Regarding your Cap pulser Sch, you show the collectors of the opto and the BD243C hooked to the Drain of the mosfets and the neg of the charging battery......

JB's Sch at the 2011 conference has the collectors of the opto and the BD243C hooked to the 15V power supply of the LM741, so that the gate is pulled up to 15V to fully turn on the mosfet....

the connection you show will work for big transistors, but not so good for mosfets......

This was pointed out to Brent a while back in another thread, and he said that the change helped........

RS

Comment

Difference between Cap dumps

Originally posted by Ren View Post
          Hi Ron,

Ive attached your schematic below, along with a pic of the monopole Im testing with. My "artsy" computer is down at the moment, the one I do image manipulation on. And your schematic is so neat and pretty I'm hesitant to stain it with my changes

So I'll just mention my additions, which John K helped me with.

First, my cap charger is a 3 coil monopole, each coil has 6 x 0.9mm power strands. Input is 12v @ 1 amp, though I have tested it up to 120v @ 1 amp with a variac. Capacitance is 22,000uF on front and back, 75vdc electrolytic. @ 12 watts input the output capacitor dumps just faster than once a second @ approx 22v. Of course this can be tailored with the adjustment of the 25k pot, but John K suggested around 18v for gels and around 24v for lab's. So far working quite well. And there is alot of improvements that could be made with the coils and circuit.

The changes to your schematic are as follows:

D7 is changed to 1N4733 (5.1v Zener). Couldnt get it to work on 12v input with the 15v zener there.

JK suggested C1, 1uF ceramic and C2 2.2uF electrolytic. I used a green cap for C1, couldnt get a ceramic locally.

JK also suggested a 0.47 uF cap over pins 2/3 of the LM741, I have yet to place that there though.

I have a socket installed for the h11d1, but got that far and realized I could just use the output of the 741 to pulse my SSR directly, since it is optically coupled inside the SSR I saw no need for double isolation. So pins 1 and 2 of the h11d1 now connect to my HFS33a (32v, 100A SSR) which I had lying around.

Omitted the Power LED and subsequent 47k resistor once I had it working. Also have a switch to bypass the pulse LED. On a previous build (Tesla Switch) I was using an Arduino to switch the SSR's and I found that with an LED inplace the SSR didnt switch on correctly. Removing that LED fixed the problem and the SSR switched much better. Wasnt sure if by chance it was doing the same thing, so have the option to switch that LED on or bypass it. Doesnt appear to make much difference however.

Id still like to build the full schematic with the FETs however as this relay is very limited in voltage, it just happened to be what I had laying around. If I try some cap discharges with this circuit into motor coils then it will have to be rated much higher.

BTW, I love that wooden Ferris wheel you made. So oldschool and super cool. I cant look at old wagon wheels the same way now!

Regards

Shan

PS: I cant seem to find the post by Mike K, I seem to remember reading it on the old Yahoo group just before it closed down. There were a number of NPN transistors from memory that he tested. I'll keep looking.
          [ATTACH]1544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1546[/ATTACH]
          Hi Shan,

I had fun building with the wagon wheel. I like old and new integrated together. Your machine looks great, very clean layout, I like it! Thanks for the closeup of your comparator board and the schematic. A 12V system definitely wouldn't work with 15V zeners in the comparator circuit. Also feel free to stain away!

I was thinking about what you said earlier about trying the SSR and FET's from my earlier post #6, so last night, I got out my old SSG and tried a couple of the cap dump circuits. It quickly became clear that those circuit's have to be independently triggered (duh) in order to work properly with higher RPM SSG type monopoles (just like in the "Free Energy Generation" book). They turn on and stay on when the cap fills up because of the nature of the SSG circuit which is supplying energy to the cap continuously. The reason they work well with the low RPM ferris wheels is that the coils are pulsed at a much slower rate using the modified Bedini/Cole switch that turns the power and ground on and off sumultaneously. The cap fills up and there is time for a complete dump to the batteries by the mysterious action of the SSR or FET. The circuit with the neon bulb trigger is also triggered by the Bedini/Cole switching action but will not switch with the SSG circuit. Just stays on so no sharp spike to the battery. Interestingly though the batteries do charge up even in the latched state. This is similar to the solid state chargers without wheels. There is a pulse charge occuring but at a much higher frequency than the ferris wheels.

The comparator circuit works well with SSG type wheels because it is a pulsing circuit with adjustable dump frequency. It can also be designed to work at slow frequency with the ferris wheels.

Thanks Again,

Ron

Comment

Comparator Circuit

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
            Hi Shan and Ron,

Regarding your Cap pulser Sch, you show the collectors of the opto and the BD243C hooked to the Drain of the mosfets and the neg of the charging battery......

JB's Sch at the 2011 conference has the collectors of the opto and the BD243C hooked to the 15V power supply of the LM741, so that the gate is pulled up to 15V to fully turn on the mosfet....

the connection you show will work for big transistors, but not so good for mosfets......

This was pointed out to Brent a while back in another thread, and he said that the change helped........

RS
            Hi RS,

That sounds right. Can you post the schematic you mentioned?

Where is Brent these days? He really did a lot of work on the comparator circuit I posted and many others as well and John K.'s posts were much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

nice circuit, Romerouk has just uploaded one of his shorting coil experiments yesterday.... this can be used as well if you opt for solid state using spark gap....

Comment

Hi Totoalas,
                I'm looking on his underservice site and can't find the one you are talking about. Do you mind providing a direct link, or a link to the page?
                Thanks,
                Patrick

Comment

Hi Ron and RS,

Had a scribble on the previous schematic. Does this look right or should the collectors be connected to the red "x"?

Just to note, in my instance my opto is built into the SSR, so technically this should not affect me I believe. The input of the SSR is 3-32v.

Regards

PS: First circuit is what I have built based on Rons earlier schematic. Second circuit is proposed changes to the collectors as noted by RS
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Comparator Circuit 12v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	45328

Name:	Comparator Circuit collector fix.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	45327
                  Last edited by Ren; 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM. Reason: add second schematic

Comment

Shan, Ron,

the SSR version will work like you show it....

Here is the correct connection for the opto and BD243C collectors

Name:	Comparator Circuit collector fix_2.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	45330
                    Last edited by RS_; 02-28-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Here is the version i drew up.... it may be a bit small, if you want i can email a larger version
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi min2oly
                        Old experiments! No. 2 Shorting coil powers 72 leds by Romerouk you tube hos 1 3 and 4 relate to shorting coils also

totoalas

Comment

Shan, RS

Thanks for the updated schematics. Now its clear for all how to build these two comparator circuits. Many thanks to John Bedini for sharing his circuit with us. And thanks to Brent A, John K, Shan, RS and many others who contributed to figuring out the various flavors of this circuit.

Shan, it makes sense you bypassed the H11D1. As you said why opto isolate twice. Your version will work well on SSG's and other monopoles.

Ron

Comment

I must be slow :-)
                            I've watched those before and again just now, how would you use this for Solid State Cap dump using spark gap?
                            Thanks - and kind regards,
                            Patrick

edit - this is reply to Totoalas's last message.

Comment

Hi Min2oly
                              In Energy amplification thread, in gyulas circuit using the ping pong effect of two caps / coils charging secondaries for loop and an extra coil for load output
                              Ive tested in my fly swatter experiment see my videos Energy amplification pt 2 In/Out going up YT.... totoalas
                              Also Romerouk had tested the circuit and prove that there is a rise of charge in the caps
                              Also, in the plasma mod by Peter linderman YT where he showed how to convert spark into plasma by simply adding 12kv diode from microwave oven to the source positive
                              and combine with the hv output ..... this to be used in parallel with the open primary coil (bifilar ) to pulse both switches
                              The flyback transformer can be an alternative to the ignition coil and hopefully have a self sufficient solid state generator
                              hope you can try this also..... thanks for your interest
                              totoalas

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyrobotik View Post
                                Hi Carlos & all,

working this w.e. on my bedini sg it was necessary to solder another cap dump. I found the very simple schematic in the good old Bedini/Bearden book with
                                a SCR and neon, but i needed to lower the voltage. So i had a simple idea and i soldered some LEDs in series and parallel to the neon - It works very good.

Here is the schematic, if you're intrested in a quick and easy solution.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1514[/ATTACH]

have fun

Dieter
                                Hi Dieter,
                                can you tell me what kind of SCR you use?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X